Which historical events triggered you the most?

Which historical events triggered you the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AEPBdDMGvXw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Days
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Nazis losing ww2. What could have been...

End of mesoamerican civ. They were so interesting.

Germany losing ww1. What could have been...

Suffering for non-germans.

the french revolution
what the fuck is wrong with you people

That one time when the brother of Jesus tried to destroy China.

this.
it would have been interesting to see how american civilizations evolved

>M-muh Trajan!
Faggot.

*Jews

Hannibal not sacking Rome.

>Caught the Romans off guard by crossing the alps
>give the romans the biggest defeats in history yet in their home land while never losing a battle
>A roman surrender so close you can taste it
>autistic carthage council doesn't support you with necessary men and equipment because of jealousy or some shit
>lets you stay there a sitting duck for years
>lose 2 of your brothers
>meanwhile some faggot named Scipio stole all your moves while attacking carthage
>forced to head back
>be given shit men, and young elephants
>lose

Still mad

They were nordicists.

FALL OF THE MINOAN CIVILIZATION. And end of the Bronze Age.

I dont get this pic. Why is Hitler butthurt at the roman empire?

but I get triggered at Napoleon losing

I've heard it said if hannibal got one ounce of the support from carthage that roman generals got from rome it would have been no contest.

Fall of the British Empire.

t. Burger

Not having the mongols eternally cuck the chinks.

I heard that as well. Shame. Everything was just going against him. I will say that crossing the alps during the most harshest season was stupid of him.

>"By nightfall, even the Old Guard was running.
Dear God! That such a thing could happen.
Surrender was Bitter, exiled to Saint Helena, a speck of rock. I do not like to think of it, remembered glories are sour by their very nature. Some men live and die in the shade of their olive trees, some, change the world... even in defeat."

you heard wrong, they tried to support him but they couldn't because literally nobody else besides hannibal could accomplish jack shit in that war and he can't personally lead reinforcements while he's in italy. Romans had naval superiority and Scipio was kicking ass in spain so they had trouble getting troops to italy.

Likewise Scipio was conquering spain as a private citizen without the Senate's support, his army was out of his own pocket and from volunteers.

There's no guarantee he could have stormed Rome, really what he should have done was leave Italy after Cannae and return to Spain where he could have anticipated Scipio's counteroffensive and prevented the loss of Spain, which was the real strategy setback that lost them the war.

i second this

Or not having Based Kublai invade nipponland.

S-source?

Germans losing WWI, could have prevented mass death and destruction to follow.

The assassination of Thomas Sankara. If he was still alive I'm confident he could have honestly helped progress Africa.

Hannibal loosing against Rome, Trotsky backstabbing Nestor Makhno and the black army.

Would've been horrible, desu.

Stay mad, pleb

I cri everytime ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=AEPBdDMGvXw

He failed to bring back Roman Empire

Wasn't that Mussolini's dream?

Not really an event but I hate Spain and Portugal for giving us beaners.
Thanks, you gold loving spics. Glad both of your countries are shitholes now.

>Not really an event but I hate Spain and Portugal for giving us beaners
>wahhh weird people are living around me
South America had it much worse

I guess you could say they were dare i say... out of time.

He did invade. The Mongols fought and lost, they were already in retreat when the storms hit.

>no siege equipment
>wants to siege rome
kek

Julius Caesar's death

Death of caesar

Islamic conquest desu

It shouldn't be too hard. Rome was absolutely incapable of sustaining itself without its aqueduct system or food from Africa. You could starve them out in a couple of weeks.

>Persians and Greeks fuck one another to near death
>Out of fucking nowhere these faggots from Arabia come out and ruin everything
What a waste.

>weird people
More like death worshipping drug peddlers around me.

The Mongols not finishing the fucking job in the ME

At least the Muslims become the Persians again when the Abbasids roll around.

still does not chance the fact that they ruined everything by murdered everything and the only thing they could come up with was their "golden era" which to be quite honest only happend in Iberia

>still does not chance the fact that they ruined everything by murdered everything
That's literally what the Mongols did and they're worshipped

Not really. There was a lot of progress and preservation because of Islam. Nestorian Christians, Jews, and the occasional Zoroastrian were significant contributors to this golden age, however.

Everyone hates Mongols, watchu mean?

What. The West loves the Mongols. Look how many movies and television series there are about the Mongols and then look at how many there are about the Ottomans/Arabs.

This. People always seem to forgot the Romans controlled the Mediterranean in the 2nd Punic war. Incredibly hard to reinforce through the Pyrenees and the Alps.

>That's literally what the Mongols did and they're worshipped
by fucking who?

Jap antics during WW2 tend to rustle me for whatever reason but,

Mostly this.

The cold-blooded murder of 1,000,000 Armenians, 750,000 Assyrians, and 950,000 Greeks by the Ottoman Empire and the Turkish Denial today.

t. cuck

early muslim rule was pretty light, it only seemed to really get more violent when the turks came around

I don't understand why modern pro-Nazis believe this nonsense. The Nazis were fanatical German supremacists and a further part of the Nazi top echelon were Nordicists who were actively working to bring about a caste system even within Germany. The overwhelming majority of Nazi sympathetics today would've just been sterilised or shot under a German government.

Fucking Seljuks. Turks always have and always will suck.

The war between Russia and the Ottomans
Or when the brits RECLAIMED CONSTANTINOPLR AND THEN GAVE IT BACK

FUCK ANGLOS

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Days

I wish the Brits had listened to Lawrence instead of having him whacked.

God I love hannibalfag tears
Gimme more of that salt so I can sow the ruins of your city with it bitch nigga

This user gets it

Best answer

iZombie

>not the 4th crusade
The fall of Constantinople was just set to happen. History would've been a pot more different if it hadn't been for that one certain crusade

Romans didn't control shit during the second punic war. These are ancient navies we're talking about, even if Rome won every single naval battle (and they did), they can't mount an effective blockade or "control;the waves" like a modern navy could. They were subject to the weather, subject to the whims of the Senate, and subject to Rome's own lack of inclination for sea faring. Carthage had plenty of opportunity to ship troops to reinforce Hannibal. They just didn't.

4th crusade is absolutely triggering but I'm not if it's because of the Venetians or the utter incompetence of byzantine rulers during that time

The burning of the Library of Alexandria

The cultural revolution.

You're cringe.

You realise the commies were even worse than the Nazis, right?

Spot on for me too.

The dissolution of the Holy Roman empire

didn't happen. Gibbon was wrong..

>Roman Italy needed food from fucking Africa

Germany losing WW1 and how stupid the Treaty of Versailles was

he did nothing wrong you fucking manchu devil

robespierre not beheading enough counterrevolution

exactly this desu ;_;7

You're the worst

This, specifically the Incas. They were great, I wish they had survived until modern times.

Formation of the Soviet Union, fuckheads come to Baltic states and ruin everything

Lol wat
You do know this is the second Punic war we're talking about right

Thermidor Reaction

Not entirely true. While they did not exactly oppose him, they certainly didn't support him enough. People like Hanno the Great, a person that had a lot of power behind his back, opposed the Barcas and their campaign against Rome vehemently. Furthermore the Carthaginians were mostly sitting back neutrally and watching what Hannibal will do without reinforcing his brothers.

About the naval superiority - still not exactly true. While it's true that the Romans did have naval superiority in the SPW, and that prevented a large invasion of Italy by sea, it wasn't a naval blockade or anything like that. Carthage still could mount naval expeditions freely and reinforce their armies freely, they just didn't feel like it most of the time.

The Carthaginian senate hated the Barcas for having that much power just as much as they hated Rome for defeating them in the FPW. And that's why they sat on the sidelines while the Barcas were having it out with Rome. Their whole policy was something like this:

We'll sit on the sidelines and watch how this war unfolds: if Hannibal wins, we'll praise him and say that we've always had his back. If Rome wins, we'll just say that we had no idea what Hannibal was planning and that it was his own private operation. In the end the Carthaginians certainly didn't expect Hannibal to inflict such suffering on the Romans (Hannibal started poorly with the siege of Saguntum which lasted a year) and by the time they realized they had an actual chance of winning it was too late to actively help the war.

What won the war for the Romans is that they were acting as a unit while Carthage didn't exactly know what to do which created a bizarre situation of having the Barca's and their holdings fight a war alone while Carthage was observing that said war.

Carhaginians were such jew faggots, god damn.

t. Shlomo

Stalin may have been worse than Hitler. commies in general no

Partitions of Poland, Cold war

germany losing ww1
germany losing ww2
germany fucking up nationalism for ever.

Prove him wrong, you fucking braindead inbred son of a whore retard.

History is written by the victors, friend.

The end of the british empire or the fall of Constantinople

Mehmed dindu nuffin he probably ruled the byzantines better than their own emperor anyway.

Hey fuck you man.

carthage did send reinforcements multiple times, but you're right their division was an inherent weakness in their system whereas the romans, while not agreeing on any one strategy, certainly all agreed that carthago delente est. Still, Scipio had his spats with the senate just like Hannibal did with carthage, they were both operating independently until success caught the attention of their respective peoples.

You don't give enough credit to the Romans for preventing reinforcements, it's not that they were never sent but that the Romans were able to intercept the reinforcements before they could combine with hannibal. You're right about ancient navies, but this goes for carthage as well. Even if they sneak by the Roman navy, the sea itself could still ruin everything for them, one bad storm and they as investors and merchants just threw thousands of pounds of gold into the sea. Besides, they spent most of their effort reinforcing spain and failing anyway, hannibal was needed their and then he could have returned to italy, it might be hindsight on my part compelling my decision, but in the end it still would have been better than getting bogged down in italy with nothing to show for it.

Hitler shitting his pants on August 7, 1941, because I LOVE POOP!!!

But what if it was mostly a bunch of bloody mucus and water? Google dysentery stool and you'll see that they're not normal poop.

The falling of the shah in Iran. Would have foregone a lot of bullshit to this day.

This imagine the possibilities

We would have avoided more shit if the yanks and bongs hadn't staged a coup to overthrow democratically elected government that wanted to nationalize Persia's oil production.