Can some christians help?

can some christians help?

okay so God created Satan and "programmed" him to fall and create hell. God made adam and eve eat the apple/have original sin happen so we would seek salvation from him. how is god not evil for wanting humans to worship him when he's the one that created evil? he wanted an adversary, a foil.

anyway im not an atheist, im just a loose christian i guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JRGks0zfLZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God dindu nuthin! He a gud boi, just ne sum love fo dem programs an shieeet!

atheist, but unless you're a Calvinist, nearly all christians believe that Satan and man's fall was their own choice by their own free will, washing God's hands of this. This isn't to say that the idea of free will isn't nonsensical when coupled with God having the qualities of omnipotent and omniscient.

But wait, wasn't Satan an angel? Angels don't have free will.

>thinking evil exists
>thinking good exists

There's your problem.

God created everything, right? Some would also say he controls everything as well, but we will stick with creation.

That we consider something "good" or "evil" is purely a matter of perspective. The only thing to do to stay somewhat sane is think that God loves us and wouldn't hurt us. (Keep in mind we can also be hurt by pleasure see drugs.)

That's the only way to handle things like child rape and cat torture. Don't ask me how I still don't have a handle on it.

you might be right. I'm not really sure how prevalent the idea of angels having or not having free will is.

>The only thing to do to stay somewhat sane is think that God loves us and wouldn't hurt us.
why?

That's just me. If I think of God as a good parent, then any harm that might come to me is just ultimately making me better. I don't need to understand why because I never will.

If God likes to hurt us just to do it, and not for our ultimate good, then this is just a huge torture chamber. I'd rather not spend my life thinking like that, and I don't even care that it may be delusional.

Too old to be edgy atheist anymore.

they didnt decide to. god made them. he created them and knew he would do that they did in order to be seen as good and them as bad.

I'm an atheist but I'm pretty sure its supposed to be a metaphorical story about the human experience its not supposed to make sense in the physical world of cause and effect; ie God didn't program anyone because in human experience we have free will

>Too old to be edgy atheist anymore.
Then why don't you become a normal one?

They don't, they're just agents of God's will. If they had free will, why wouldn't God let them be saved like us? In Islam Iblis is a djinn, and djinns have free will and can go to heaven or hell like people.

this is a myth that doesn't occur in Scripture. angels certainly have free will.

youtube.com/watch?v=JRGks0zfLZg

Atheism is edgy period.

>& humanities

I think these two points kind of work together. Focusing in on the idea of God being the father or parent, you don't want to coddle your child to the point that they can't handle any conflict or change in the world. As Peterson talks about, in terms of abstraction, you can't protect your child from every single snake that may or may not pop up, but you can expose them to what a snake is so that they can become equipped to deal with all possible snakes. So by exposing Adam and Eve to the snake, they then gain knowledge and consciousness that a) the snake is evil and should be avoided and b) they are now better equipped to recognize and deal with any future snakes they may encounter.

It puts the responsibility on human beings, and not God, to look out for evil or maliciousness and to deal with it.

God didn't want either Lucifer nor Adam and Eve to fall from grace, but knew that they would and thus planned accordingly.

Something like that.

In Islam they don't have.

In Christian Theology, angels have will.

As you see, this guy actually brought word about Islam.

Also, fampai, in Islam Iblis was an angel, and then via the fall became a so-called Djinn. Althogh most theologians (as few as there are in Islam to speculate of this subject) use Iblis as the unique scapegoat.

Things not happening according to God's will always lead to

1) God is not allknowing/allmighty
2) God is schizo.

Also, stop mixing Satan with Lucifer with Iblis.. It's not that simple.

>how is god not evil

Yhvh is evil, let no christian tell you otherwise, the true religion is gnosticism.

He created them so if he didn't want them to fall, why would they?

Go eat your burger.