Precolumbian North America. Any good books to learn more about the civilizations of US and Canada?

Precolumbian North America. Any good books to learn more about the civilizations of US and Canada?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beringia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1491:_New_Revelations_of_the_Americas_Before_Columbus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver_Wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundaland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_of_the_Americas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistoric_Asia#Origin_of_Asian_hominids
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who gives a fuck about some subhumans who only invented sticks

Got any books you recommend on learning about them?

>subhuman
umm...nice pseudoscience you got there, sweetie.

Weren't they literally the same origin population that occupied Asia?

I don't recall the native americans invading and controlling Asia.

Wut? I mean the original humans who settled in Asia are the same ones who eventually migrated to the Americas.

Are you a shit head or a troll?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beringia

Fuck all these morons OP.

Read this book.

It was written by an actual scholar.

Not some fucking 15 year old in his Mom's basement with an Adolph Hitler poster on his wall.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1491:_New_Revelations_of_the_Americas_Before_Columbus

and the confederancy after wich the american one is modeled.

There were at least two waves of immigration into the Americas from Siberia over Beringia and by coastal travel, didn't you know that? It was even possible to travel to the Americas by boat from the Iberian coast at one point because of the pack ice stretching across the Atlantic and massive seal populations along the way.

There were and are lots of populations occupying Asia.

Um... No

>disagrees with the popular idea that European technologies were superior to those of Indians, using guns as a specific example
>Indians considered them little more than "noisemakers"

hahaha that's why the natives started using them as soon as they possibly could

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver_Wars

you are retarded
>Indians shaped their environment with fire, employing slash-and-burn techniques

IMPRESSIVE JUST LIKE ABOS
call me back when they start reclaiming land from the ocean

No, I didn't know that. But that doesn't really refute me. Wouldnt most American Natives have still come from the populations that inhabited Asia?

Let's put it this way, the original population to inhabit Asia was way older than the offshoots that migrated into the Americas. We're talking about like 100,000 years between them here.

check it out

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundaland

I don't follow. In the article regarding the settlement of the Americas it says:
"While there is general agreement that theAmericaswere first settled from Asia, the pattern of migration, its timing, and the place(s) of origin in Asia of the peoples who migrated to the Americas remain unclear."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_of_the_Americas

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistoric_Asia#Origin_of_Asian_hominids

I give up. You're not telling me anything here. According to the map in there, homo sapiens from both Africa and Asia made their way into the Americas. It looks like the Africans ones went straight there, while the Asian ones settled for a bit before making their way over.

Forgot map

you see those letters and numbers?

Well aren't you just the most unhelpful little cunt ever. I assume they refer to population groups, which look like they correlate with time gaps represented by colors. See above
>It looks like the Africans ones went straight there, while the Asian ones settled for a bit before making their way over.
The green arrows transitioning to purple show that the process there took 15,000 to 20,000 years.

Oh ok that makes sense.

>humans settling the Americas by boat around 50,000 BC

lol what

>don't expand south till 10,000 BC

this graph is bullshit man

Idk man, I was simply using the material the other user linked me to, since he seems to have a problem communicating.

Thanks

im that user tho
you may just be slow

You linked it lol holy fuck