Suicide

What makes life worth living? It's near-constant hardship after hardship and the time in-between in that is likely spent on hedonistic pursuits that are ultimately unsatisfying.

I'm not talking about meaning, it's obvious there is no objective meaning in life, but why subject yourself to this torture? I expect most people just live out of obligation/ignorance and just go through the motions without considering why they do it. Why is there such a stigma against suicide when it's objectively the best thing you can do to get rid of your suffering forever? Why take on the burden of life?

> It's near-constant hardship after hardship
You have it 100 times easier than your ancestors

Your worldview has led you to its obvious conclusion.

What is apparently less obvious to you is that your worldview is shit.

Solution: get a better worldview.

Obviously, in regards to material comfort and safety, but is that worth anything when you don't have a capacity to enjoy it as fully as they would? It's all relative to what you consider 'easy', and judging by all the mental health problems in 1st world countries it doesn't seem like comfort equates 1:1 to fulfilment.

What counts as a better world-view? Even stuff like Camus' Absurdism doesn't really say what exactly is wrong with suicide, it just implies that going through hardship is somehow worth it like Sisyphus constantly pushing a rock up a hill for eternity. Why is pushing that rock better than not pushing at all by killing yourself and ending it all?

Well i use strugle with the thought that everything has no purpose. Nothing i say and nothing i can do will have any meaning. We live in universe more bizarre than we can imagine. What most people do is either go to religion or keep themselves occupied to not think about nihilism. But there's somethings you can do. You can just accept it and keep going on, go to a religion, and you can choose whatever meaning you want life to have.

What makes optimism a justifiable view if it isn't grounded in reality?

Whats not existing worth doing?

Look as shit as life is user, you to realize that sadness is a mental illness caused by a brain chemical called serotonin.

Life is what you make of it ;)

>What counts as a better world-view?
one that makes you want to live, obviously
the great tragedy of those who advocate for suicide is that the true believers aren't around any more to argue for their worldview
you should follow your worldview to its logical conclusion or realize that you want to live, you're just a whiny cunt

you think too much

You haven't really addressed the actual argument though. Let me put it simply: Why is living better than dying?

It's better to chose the evil you know (life) than what you do not know (death).

>It's near-constant hardship after hardship
But that is good, user, you're just too spoiled to realize it.
>it's obvious there is no objective meaning in life
It's only "obvious" to you because you live in a society that repeatedly tells you so, both explicitly and implicitly.

Why is hardship a good thing? Literally every single thing people do in life is to get rid of hardship,whether real or imagined.

And it is true there is no objective meaning. It's not written on bright big neon signs. I don't give a fuck about 'meaning' though, my life doesn't change if I acknowledge whether or not there is 'meaning'. I'm just baffled why people cling so desperately to life when it's a shit sandwich.

>Why is hardship a good thing? Literally every single thing people do in life is to get rid of hardship,whether real or imagined.
Because you don't get self-improvement without hardship.
>And it is true there is no objective meaning
No it's not.

Why is 'self-improvement' desirable? For money,women,social prestige? All transitory things that eventually leave a bitter after-taste, you seem to fetishize suffering to avoid looking directly at it. Also, I don't think you understand what 'objective meaning' is. It's not something you make up and pursue, it's something self-evident. Nothing like that exists, any purpose or 'meaning' will always be in relation yourself i.e. subjective.

It's your choice to see every waking moment as suffering. It's a bit of an insult to those who carry on despite being in much worse situations than you, but it's your choice nonetheless. Life has no objective meaning, true, but that is more liberation than limitation.

No user, the world is fantastic place it's you who is unsatisfying piece of shit. Hardship, torture? Do you live in Afghanistan or something because if you don't hardship is a meaningless word to your spoiled cunt. While life indeed have no purpose you are free to give it any good meaning but you refuse to do so, your drone mentality is what wrong with the world and nothing else.

>Why is 'self-improvement' desirable?
The pursuit of excellence is good in and of itself.
>It's not something you make up and pursue, it's something self-evident
If there's someone who doesn't understand what objective means, it's you, not me. Objective doesn't mean self-evident. That the earth revolves around the sun is an objective fact, but it's not self-evident at all. Objective truths don't need to be self-evident.

So tell me, what is 'objective meaning'? If it is objective every single human would immediately know it. But, like I said, meaning is worthless and doesn't change anything. I don't care to debate about semantics.

>The pursuit of excellence is good in and of itself.
This is just conjecture, there is no actual reasoning behind this. You may as well just say you're a pink elephant and nothing would change about that statement.

Because living is fun.

>If it is objective every single human would immediately know it
No, I literally just explained it to you. For something to be objective there's no need for it to be self-evident.
>This is just conjecture, there is no actual reasoning behind this
Of course there is, I didn't bother talking about it since you also don't provide any reasoning for your assertion.
>reality after a few years: empty bottle of antidepressants

If you claim to know objective meaning then please share it.

Here? What would be the point?

So you have literally no arguments and were just writing words for the sake of writing words? Jesus christ, this board is beyond saving.

>So you have literally no arguments
No? I asked what would be the point.
This is your thread apparently and throughout it you've just stated your opinions, repeatedly, without even half an argument supporting them. Apparently as soon as someone disagrees with you, you become a great fan of arguments. Why should I not take this sudden renewed interest in rational discourse as just you wanting to find reasons not to agree with others instead of you actually being interested in what others have to say?

the only reason i havnt killed myself is i dream about winning the lottery. also i think im too cowardly to go through with it. i remember hearing that winning the jackpot in the lottery is a 1 in 17,000,000 chance so its futile nonetheless.

suicide is nice but ineffective

what you want is something that does not stem from your imagination, like you faith in your imagination to give you something relevant, contrary to what you call meaning, objective, truth, eternity, substantial, permanent and so on.
So what do you experience which is not a product of your imagination?

Tie a rock to your foot and jump off the bridge to find out!