Tainos to Present Day

Other urls found in this thread:

bancomundial.org/es/country/dominicanrepublic/overview
do.undp.org/content/dominican_republic/es/home/countryinfo/
youtube.com/watch?v=-dbfXp8_qjo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump?

The economic and cultural divide between Haiti and the Dominican Republic is probably greater than North and South Korea.

my man

I lived two years of my childhood in the DR.
One time my mother pulled over and broke up a "fight" where 3-4 kids were beating the shit out of a Haitian kid.

this happens when you put a black man next to a mulatto man

That's because Haiti literally sold its soul to Satan in exchange for genocideing the French.

IIRC the son of Philipp II ordered to empty western Hispaniola because people there were smuggling and trading with Brits and Frenchmen and not obeying local authorities.

Huge mistake.

yes, it was Philip III
Western Hispaniola was forcefully emptied around 1605 because everybody in the island prefered to smuggle and trade directly with the English, French and Dutch in the west, instead of doing in it in Santo Domindo which meant you can only trade with Spain (monopoly), and you have to pay taxes too.
The worst issue for the spaniards is that some Lutheran bibles had been found and some people has been baptized in the protestant way or by protestants.
That is why they decided to empty half the Island and France took advantage of that.

It was called Devastaciones de Osorio (the bureaucrat who was in charge of that)

> decreasing population density on purpose

>when your country is so bad it makes the Dominican Republic looks good.

>haitian kang builds the largest fortress in the western hemisphere
>kills himself soon after because he bankrupts the nation
sort of reminds me of the Central African Republic kek

>tfw Dominican
>tfw nation is blessed with all kinds of natural resources, strategic position and an unusually diverse colonial economy based on ranching, logging, mining and tobacco farming instead of just a single export
>tfw we could have been a nice chill first world country if we didn't keep fucking it up

Its not a good feel senpai.

They were always vastly different in terms of formation, political influence, genealogy and economy.

I don't get this meme of people expecting them to be similar because its a single island.

How are these nations so fucking poor that building a single fortress or buying a single tiara can bankrupt their entire country? Jesus Christ.

> so bad it makes the Dominican Republic looks good

>Dominican Republic
>Bad

The fuck is this /int/ meme from, the country is solidly upper middle income with a diverse economy and high HDI.

This guy .
Despite my negative story, I must stand by this. I truly have nothing bad to say about that country other than the racial tension. \

Good food.
Good music.
Really nice people.

Only things that's needed is infrastructure, education, high skilled immigration, and a 10 meter border wall/DMZ

There canot be racial tensions amongst niggers.It is just xenophobia.A Haitian and a Dominican are undistinguishable

It is a massive shithole.That is why 1/3 of the country lives abroad

>Left French colonialism
>Right Spanish colonialism
The Spaniards at least bothered in giving their nigs some culture,improving their genes through impregnation and diversifiying the island's economy.The French just brought ships full of nigs and worked them to death

>every non-western country with poverty is a shithole
> a Haitian and a Dominican are undistinguishable because they're both "niggers"

>.A Haitian and a Dominican are undistinguishable
Haitians are pure black. Dominicans are mixed up

If it is not a shithole why is 1/3 of the country living abroad and doing shit jobs?
Both are niggers.It is impossible to spot one from the other

Ok, since we're speaking in memes
>Haitians are African black
>Dominicans are USA black

>>Haitians are African black
>>Dominicans are USA black
They are the same thing

No, Dominicans are mulattoes while Haitians are full niggers. The typical Dominican looks like pic related, being 50% white is still better than 0% white.

>This cherrypicking
Dominicans are niggers.

>showing athletes
>not the ultimate cherrypicking

Basketball is dominated by blacks.Baseball isn't.Dominicans are just niggers in denial

>baseball isn't dominated by niggers
Not in America maybe but in the Caribbean it's the ultimate poor people sport. And niggers tend to be poor.

Why are you denying the obvious? Anyone that has been to your country knows that you are niggers

I'm not a Dominican actually. But denying the thing with sports is brainlet tier logic. Cuba is only 9% black but their baseball team looks like this.

>Cuba is only 9% black

Yes.

They are 40% black.

I checked the genetic research and it seems they are more than 9% black but they're still overwhelmingly white. Yet their baseball team is nothing but total niggers, go figure.

the most impressive thing is the native American ancestry, it shows you natives of the caribbean islands were more fucked to death than actually exterminated.
They (or at least the female ones) were absorbed.

Most Dominicans have some degree of black ancestry, which in the USA with their one drop rule would mean most of them are black (Obama is only half black and he is only seen as black)
But Dominicans are very different from Haitians, or even African Americans. Blacks from Latin America are much more mixed and closer to mulattos.

Only 5 of those kids are actually black, and even then some of them look admixed, the rest are mulattoes, like is the majority of the country, also that's a public school, which are filled with poor people, and most of the impoverished population of DR is composed by blacks and mulattoes.

This is what a private college looks like.

>Thinking Mulattoes are Black
>Ignoring 15% of DR is white
>Even the African component in the DNA is different

How fucking retarded are you?

Nah, the late 1980s economic collapse combined with huge American comparative advantage and special treatment with regards to immigration is the reason for that.

Even then wages are pretty much the Latin American average there.

By that standard Japan, a huge baseball country, is black

>Only 5 of those kids are actually black,
>also that's a public school, which are filled with poor people
Like 90% of the DR.
>Mulattoes aren't Black
Then why the fuck there are Dominicans all over S.America?

They aren't. One Drop Rule is burger propaganda.

>Dominicans all over South America

Senpai the communities are absolutely tiny.

>They aren't
Wiston James Osvaldo Martínez

Trujilo btfo haitians
the one true kang of the Niggers (Spanish)

Daily reminder:
> ywn be leader of the Tontons Macoutes.

literally who?

You

Funny thing is that DR's are basically considered barely mullatos or blacks by most if spanish America. Only way to tell tjem apart is to set off an easy trigger.

They don't look that white at all.

>being 50% white is still better than 0% white

And being 100% white is way better then being half with that train of logic.
>while Haitians are full niggers.

Not really.

>solidly upper middle income with a diverse economy and high HDI.

Hdi is dog shit look at equatorial guineas score for example then look at the country deeply and tell me it deserves that number. Inequality adjusted Hdi is better and even then it's still flawed.

Could you rephrase that?

>And being 100% white is way better then being half with that train of logic
Yes and?

Putting a mentality like that in you mind is harmful because it hurts others and the person engaging in it.

You forgot the t.

It's still the objective truth.

How do we fix Santo Domingo lads?

I want to think there's still hope for us despite angsty diasporafags.

Neutron bombs?

This is another public school but in the cibao region(north), public schools cover around 75% of students population.

>Like 90% of the DR.
Actually is more like 30%
bancomundial.org/es/country/dominicanrepublic/overview

do.undp.org/content/dominican_republic/es/home/countryinfo/

>Mulattoes aren't Black
Claiming that mulattoes are black, is just as stupid as claiming that mestizos are white.

>Then why the fuck there are Dominicans all over S.America?
Not all over South America, just in the southern cone, and even then the number of dominicans is pretty small compared to say colombians, venezuelans, bolivians, etc living in those countries. Migration it's a domino effect kind of thing, illegal haitians coming to DR lower the wages and rise the unenployment, pushing dominicans that belong to the bottom of society to travel abroad in search of a better future.

Never implied that, but still they look more white than black, that's for all of you fuckers that say that we are only black, and ignore the vast majority mixed population and our white minority,

>Hdi is dog shit look at equatorial guineas score for example then look at the country deeply and tell me it deserves that number.
Equatorial Guinea doesn't have a high HDI, they have a medium HDI, in case you don't get it:

Very High HDI= Developed countries.
High HDI= Developing countries
Medium HDI=Undeveloped countries
Low HDI=Shitholes beyond redemption.

HDI + GDP per capita (PPP)+ poverty rates is the way to go though.

We need another Trujillo to cleanse the house and restore our status as a republic, democracy has only brought us to this state of corruption and degeneracy we are currently in.

>Devastaciones de Osorio
thanks, interesting info, the colonial autoridades were prone to making people suffer with their decisions.

What in tarnation happened to this thread?
It just kneeled over in the beginning and began puking up blood.

m8, Haiti had to pay France off until the 20th century for 'freeing the slaves. Read a fucking book. Dessalines did nothing wrong slaveowners deserved worse.

Dominicans are WHITE!!
youtube.com/watch?v=-dbfXp8_qjo

TOUSSAINT

L'OUVERTURE

Dessalines destroyed his country's economy and diplomacy with his moves, alienated the Dominicans and most of the population and set the state for Haiti's cycle of military coups and strongmen rule.

Fuck him. Henri Christophe was right.

Actually, European people in Cuba are about half of the population. The other half is about 2/3 mulattoes and blacks.

Also European Cubans aren't American 'white' because they tan and are descendant of Spaniards.

For being next to literally Haiti, we're good.
All that's left is to fix the traffic here in Santo Domingo and the apagones.

>Dominicans are WHITE!!
Fuck off you nigger.

There might be European Dominicans, but the overwhelming majority are not.

haitians have denuded all their forests to make charcoal for cooking. since they evidently cannot into electricity and electric appliances.

now they eat mud while they Clintons make them selves rich off the country's gold mine.

I just see niggers there
>Mulattos are not niggers
>Nigger skin
>Nigger brains
>Nigger IQ
>Nigger lips
>Nigger ears
>Nigger nose

>ooga boooga muthafucka
>fuk whitey dey be keeping us black haitians down
>Dessalines dindu nuffin

Yes there can be racial tension, look at Africa. What, you think they genocide each other because they're different ethnic groups?

Haitians aren't pure black, it's impossible for a Caribbean based people to be pure black. They're certainly blacker physically, but they aren't pure. They're about 10% white on average. Light skinned Haitians are a thing after all, look at Haiti's mulatto and Arab elite.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America

Haitians by definition are Latin American. The only reason why they don't look like African Americans is because they wiped out their French population (though non-French whites were allowed to stay and were praised). Look up Polish Haitians.

Trujillo was Haitian himself, and wore white powder on his face to hide his African features.

Wow, what an articulate bunch of people.

Just like how Hitler was Jewish, right?

>Not noticing differences in skin tone, hair, and facial features

You must be American to group everything with a drop of African blood together.

They both quite literally are niggers. DR is interesting but compared to most of the other Caribbean and South American Spanish speaking nations is a shit hole. There's a good reason the inhabitants of the DR are laughing stocks in the Spanish speaking world.

>Not noticing differences in skin tone, hair, and facial features.
There is none

t. literal retard

You should be put to sleep if you can't tell Romeo Santos looks very different than Sonia Pierre.

Why are you retards so fucking dense? Nobody is claiming that the majority of dominicans are white, we are just showing you that blacks are not the only ones living in this country.

Fuck off.

Both are nigs. I can't even find one difference
>Hurr hurr I am a nigger and I act as a nigger but I am not a nigger because I a more special than Haitians

Then you should be lobotomized for not getting basic genetics.

>This is not a nigger

95% of haitians are pure black, only 5% of them have some kind of mixture and that's a fact.

Bullshit, Trujillo's maternal great grand parents were "haitians" of french descent, they were among the thousands of french that escaped the genocide committed by the slaves.

They have absolutely zero credit and dysfunctional tax collection services

Trujillo was 3/8 nigger. You can see it in the pictures

Looks like a mulato, with a bit of amerindian ancestry.
The fuck, you don't even know how black africans look? They are quite different.

No, he's clearly got European ancestry in him.

>>Hurr hurr I am a nigger and I act as a nigger but I am not a nigger because I a more special than Haitians
Kek, i bet You are not even white, You are just a butthurt haitian mad at your dominican masters, show us your hand if i am mistaken.

Literally
>we iz mulattoes and shit

May as well claim all mestizos as white, and less call it a day.

Idiot

>they aren't American white because they descend from Spaniards
Spain is whiter than anywhere in the USA

Lol no way he is more than 1/8 black, someone that is 3/8 would look way more blacker.

Anyone can notice that he is
3/8 nigger unless you are a Dominigger
>Implying anyone outside of Dominiggers would tell you that he is not a nigger
t.Wiston Damian Los Santos Vallejo

I'm from Spain proper, we don't use the Wiston thingy, that's a thing of Andinos and dumb mulatoes.

>I'm from Spain proper
You are a nigger that emigrated to Spain.You are still a Wiston Osvaldo

Wew, at least you are from a white country? Unlike Canada or USA? If not that banter is quite weak.