Good people can't be good lea-

Good people can't be good lea-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9jDiAcqbO0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit person and shit leader, one of the single most damaging presidents in our history.

he should have conquered the globe whole we were the only ones with the atom bomb , or at the very least bomb Korea and china

That's not Jimmy Carter.

>One of the most quality human beings to ever be a United States President is also considered to be one of the worst ones

What would've happened if Henry Wallace, rightful successor of Roosevelt, became president instead of this hillbilly from wherever?

How much revolutionary civil rights orders did he pass? How many countries did he rebuild? How many world wars did he end?

>How much revolutionary civil rights orders did he pass?
How many did Truman pass?
>How many countries did he rebuild?
Same number as Truman, unless you count Israel as being "rebuilt".
>How many world wars did he end?
Wow he dropped a couple nukes after FDR already presided over 95% of the war.

>How many did Truman pass?

He desegregated the armed forces by executive order and passed the Housing Act of 1949. He tried to do more but the autistic southerners in Congress blocked him.

>Same number as Truman, unless you count Israel as being "rebuilt".
>>what is the Marshall Plan
>>what is Japan

>Wow he dropped a couple nukes after FDR already presided over 95% of the war.

Genuinely a great move on his part. MacArthur wanted to stop the siege and bombing and go ahead with an invasion ahead of schedule, Truman vetoed him.

I'll concede the civil rights orders (though they weren't really revolutionary compared to later civil rights acts and followed the general political trend of the time anywhere other than the south).

Marshall Plan was widely supported by most American politicians; Herbert Hoover was a major proponent of it and opponent of the Morgenthau Plan, for example. I don't give Truman credit just because he didn't do something totally retarded, and Truman was still a Soviet patsy overall.

Point is, we had basically already won by the time Truman was sworn in.

"Nah don't spend money to stimulate the economy, it goes against my ideology"

HOOVERVILLES.

he also inspired the most baller song of the 21st century
youtube.com/watch?v=9jDiAcqbO0c

>implying Hoover wasn't the most progressive and high-spending Republican of his time

>sure we'll drop a couple nukes on the Japs, they've already lost
>Why do you want to drop nukes on the Chinese MacArthur?! You're fired!

He fired MacArthur because he was over-shadowing him, Napoleon complex.

people still listen to yung lean? cringe

This. All the criticisms of Trump having a sensitive ego can apply twice as much to Truman.

Please name how he is the worst president.

Created the CIA and ended American military isolationism.

Lol wut America had been engaging in foreign adventurism for long before him.

And the CIA was a very necessary organization and remains so today.

Only commies hate the CIA. And you're not a subversive toxic commie are you?

>people can't take different positions in wildly different circumstances
>averting a slaughter of millions that MacArthur was pushing for in invading Japan is literally the same thing as rejecting starting WW3 when all that needed to happen was for an actually competent general to reform the army and kick China's ass normally (as proven when Ridgway did it)

Are you genuinely retarded or just pretending? Honest question.

MacArthur should've been fired long before Truman did it. He was genuinely incompetent.

At least we mostly kept it on the American continents at the time. Now we have a massive defense industry that promotes wars and insurgencies every decade in every corner of the world.

He cucked for Muhammeds in Iran.

>implying the Chinese wouldn't have sued for peace once the nukes fell
>implying Truman gave a shit about Chinese lives after ending 200,000 Japanese lives with 2 bombs.
No user, you're the retard.

Based Jimmy Carter

Only became president by default
Nobody wanted this four eyed geek boy

>red baiting this hard
American foreign policy is the hole that keeps getting deeper

he was worse

>Morgenthau plan

On one hand I kind of understand the vindictiveness and in light of the Kraut pulling shit for a third goddamn time in 100 years I can sympathize with wanting to turn Germany into a potato-field but Morgenthau was an idiot to be bantying around such a draconian measure before the war was won.

I wonder what was the driving force behind that plan

>Morgenthau was born into a prominent Jewish family in New York City, the son of Henry Morgenthau, Sr., a real estate mogul and diplomat, and Josephine Sykes. He had three sisters. He attended the Dwight School, then studied architecture and agriculture at Cornell University. In 1913, he met and became friends with Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt. He operated a farm named Fishkill Farms near the Roosevelt estate in upstate New York, specializing, like FDR, in growing Christmas trees.[3]

Oh neat, a nepotist Jew in government dishing out revenge.

>good person
>vaporized thousands of children

Shut up it had to be done. I bet you've got yellow fever don't you, little worm?

>sometimes, you just HAVE to kill people

literally why we can't have nice things

>Drop nukes
>Pontificate about the duty to stop others dropping nukes

Who would have thought about this?!

> Napoleon complex.
wat. macarthur was the one with the napoleon complex. it wouldn't even make sense to say truman had one because it was macharthur who was the military figure and truman the civilian one.

hint: napoleon gained power through a military coup

Huh? ONLY good people can be good leaders. For example, Obama. A terrible person who in turn couldn't lead anybody.

Machiavelli would like a word

The CIA I will admit was a good idea that Truman meant well, BUT it has overstepped its boundaries throughout its creation.

I will admit that those do put a small stain on his legacy but the good he did overpowers the bad.

>ended American military isolationism.
I'm pretty sure Thomas Jefferson did that.

Shitty president but I don't hate him and Ford for the hands they were dealt.

>At the 1948 convention some Democratic politicians from the south approached him and offered their support if he would soften his stance on civil rights. He responded: "My forebears were Confederates. Every factor and influence in my background would foster the belief that you are right. But my very stomach turned over when I learned that Negro soldiers, just back from overseas, were being dumped out of army trucks in Mississippi and beaten. Whatever my inclination as a native of Missouri might have been, as president I know this is bad. I shall fight to end evils like this."

Will there ever be another president as plain spoken, honest, and moral? He also served in WW1 and became a respected veteran commander of his unit despite being a soft-voiced bespectacled manlet. This guy seems like literally the perfect role model.

> In an event memorialized in battery lore as the "Battle of Who Run", his soldiers began to flee during a sudden attack by the Germans in the Vosges Mountains; Truman succeeded at ordering his men to stay and fight, using profanity that he had first heard while working on the Santa Fe Railroad. The men were so surprised to hear Truman use such language that they immediately obeyed.[33]

> Truman's unit joined in a massive pre-arranged assault barrage on September 26, 1918, at the opening of the Meuse-Argonne Offensive. They advanced with difficulty over pitted terrain to follow the infantry, and they set up an observation post west of Cheppy. On September 27, Truman saw through his binoculars an enemy artillery battery setting up across a river in a position allowing them to fire upon the neighboring 28th Division. Truman's orders limited him to targets facing the 35th Division, but he ignored this and patiently waited until the Germans had walked their horses well away from their guns, ensuring that they could not relocate out of range of Truman's battery. He then ordered his men to open fire, and destroyed the enemy battery.[42][43]

>literally caused the cold war

should've posted Eisenhower

;^)

Jefferson did it to keep America relevant and on good trade relations. Truman did it because he was a petty stooge happy to clean up the messes France and the UK left in Vietnam and Iran respectively.

>Yellows Dindu Nuffin

Weebs/polfags/SJWs need to leave.

>Iran was Truman
>implying Truman didn't tell the British to fuck off

It's obvious, but everyone here is too cowardly to give it thought. Jewish interference and control of US politics for Jewish profit and aims has been happening for decades.

>implying the normalization of nukes being dropped wouldn't give the soviets a justification for using nuclear weapons on the US