I know everything about Steve Jobs AMA

Go on, ask away. I've been autistically studying Steve Jobs for 2 years now.
Give me all your Veeky Forums questions about the man who turned Apple around into the highest market-cap company ever and managed to successfully IPO a cartoon studio on the back of one film they didn't own the rights to.

>No, I don't own any Apple products

Did he actually die from AIDS?

Why did he cannibalize Next to get back into Apple?

why does the apple logo have a bite in it? does it represent something?

why not a full apple?

how did he manipulate his way into founding / controlling so much of apple with almost no technical savvy?

what are his tricks?
was it based on penis size.
what was the size of his penis, both length and circumfrence.

is his son gay?

1. His connections with the state (feds, government, states government etc.)
2. Was he really such an inspiring and impressive leader, or had he just employed a ton of monkeys and pajeets to instruct and write speeches for him
3. Alpha or beta

This is a serious question btw

Because if it didn't have a bite you wouldn't be able to tell if it was an apple or a cherry.

But the company is call Apple?

lmao

No. He died from pancreatic cancer that he probably could have prevented, but I'm not an oncologist. But considering he was convinced since his early 20's that he'd die at 40, he felt he was on borrowed time anyway.

Pride and money. Apple bought out NeXT

Full Apple isn't as mnemonically distinct as the bitten Apple.
His first girlfriend opined that it probably was a 'forbidden fruit/knowledge' reference. Jobs likes to compare the personal computer to Prometheus stealing fire form the gods

He was the rainmaker.
Compare to other famous co-founder duos
Shane Smith and Gavin McInnes at Vice
Patrizio Bertelli and Miuccia Prada at Prada
Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks at Disney

Smith, Bertelli, Disney and Jobs were the marketing/investment guys. McInnes wrote all the articles, Prada designed the bags then clothes, Iwerks actually drew the cartoons, Woz actually designed the circutboads

It didn't have to do with his penis, although he did once ask an ex out of the blue if she would try tantric sex with him: testing boundaries was one of his tricks. If you know where a person's boundaries are you can take advantage of them

1. Being a celebrity he was on good terms with Barak Obama and Rupert Murdoch, but he wasn't part of the deep state or anything. He just lawyered up real good. Look up the stock options controversy
2. He was Machiavellian. He wrote all his own speeches, but it took him about 15 years to master that craft
3. first beta, then alpha

They wanted something that could stand alone without the word

Tell me about the ipo, how did he get the hint on Pixar and what motivated him to become majority share holder?

It's a very long story... you have to remember that Pixar was originally a hardware company that George Lucas founded to produce the machines that he could run ILM's visual effects stuff off.

Jobs bought it for a steal when Lucas was cashstrapped from a divorce, but the company hardly made any sales of it's machines. I think he was just looking for something to take revenge on Apple with...
Jobs literally paid all of the expenses out of his own personal checkbook for almost 10 years, burning through the money he made selling his Apple stock.

At first they only had John Lasseter as the only animator, and he was just there to make demoreels to show off what the machines could do, eventaully thought they started making CGI TV commercials. In the early 90's And when Lasseter was headhunted by Disney to direct animated films form them, Jobs saw he had leverage.

That's when they made the deal for Toy Story, Lasseter was very loyal to Pixar and wouldn't leave. Disney took like 85% of the box office, and owned the sequal rights... but even though it was a bad deal, it meant that Jobs didn't have to start paying expenses out fo his own pocket. They stopped making hardware and re-pivoted to being a content and merchandising company.

Jobs took a gamble, with an actual strategy and business model for the first time in Pixar's life, he organized to have it IPO shortly after Toy Story came out. When Toy Story was a box office smash, it was just pandemonium.

Wait I just remember. He never cannibalized NeXT. By the time he sold it they were strictly a software company, and even when they were a hardware company they were geared towards education and business, not Personal computing.

>See the product drift similarity between Pixar and NeXT?

I think it might have also had something to do with the fact that Ross Perot and Canon had dumped hundreds of millions of dollars into the company, I'm not sure if it was equity or loans though...

What's the size of his penis and how many people sucked it?

>pancreatic cancer
Sci grad here. If I remember correctly, that shit kills you in 4 months, one of the most aggressive cancers.

Metaphorically like the Kendrick song, or literally?

i must be wrong then. He had cancer for yeeeeeeeeeeeears and I remember he needed a liver transplant, so maybe the cancer spread from his liver to his pancreas?

>Jobs likes to compare the personal computer to Prometheus stealing fire form the gods

so he was insane?

Although he did sometime believe his own myth I don't think he believed it, it fits the pattern of him pushing the boundaries to see just how much he could get away with.

There is a story about when he was 17 blatantly lieing to a friend saying "last night Bob Dylan sent a Lear Jet to take me to his concert in Scotland"
He didn't believe it himself, but he wanted to see how big of a claim he could get away with.

Self Bump... any actual business questions, not about his benis?

do you think he is a cruel businessman?

Oh yeah! In fact what's quite disturbing about him is that I gather he was only "cruel" to people who had low self-esteem or poor sense of boundaries and so would let him get away with it.
Jean-Louis Gassée and Alvy Ray Smith were two guys who simply didn't put up with Jobs's crap and I'm sure once they stood up to him, they never got yelled at again.

steve jobs was a complete scumbag fucking clown

the fact that retarded autists worship him is embarrassing

literally just a hype conman

An addendum to that, a sad fact of life is that if you really care sometimes you have to be cruel, you have to push people mentally in ways that you aren't proud of.
There's a saying that "greatness doesn't ask for permission", you have to bend the rules, sometimes fuck people over to achieve greatness
However Jobs didn't do it because he cared about what he was creating, he was infamously mean to waiters and PAs, he did it because he _could_

was he even aware that he was being mean?

yes, no doubt.

Looks like someone has been drinking too much of the kool-aid.

Here's a fact: Without a personality type like Steve Jobs had great companies like Apple CAN NOT be built. Only strong men who are willing to bend the rules and break other people are able to make great changes in reality.