I swore i would never rely on Veeky Forums for input, but here i am

i swore i would never rely on Veeky Forums for input, but here i am.

long story short: 6 months ago i hit rock bottom. i went to rehab. now i'm clean and sober. good for me. but i'm basically starting life over as a 27 year old wagecuck poorfag. $2,000 in savings. working at the zoo. living with my parents (which is admittedly not too bad since i have nearly zero expenses). and full disclosure: i have positions in ETH and ANS.

i still have aspirations, but it's overwhelming as fuck to look at the big picture right now. i fully expect a majority of you fags to tell me to kill myself, but there's always the rare bro actually trying to help. so user, what do?

First and foremost, make sure you stay sober. On the chart of your life, your first day of sobriety was one large green candlestick.

Your 2 options:

1) Mentally write off your investment in ETH and ANS. Forget they exist. Check back in a few years to see if your lotto tickets won.

2) Reduce your position so you're no more than 10-15% of your net worth in crypto. Cut your losses and begin day trading as a hobby. If you get good at it, slowly increase your investment as you build your net worth.

Best of luck, user.

>wagecuck poorfag
You already have $2,000 in savings. Add to that each paycheck. Set aside like $200-$300 dollars each paycheck that you can't touch. Don't blow all your money on risky investments that you can't afford to lose on. Don't risk more than you can afford to lose. Consider safer investments than crypto. Maybe ETH and ANS will pan out, you already have positions, just hold those and focus on something else.

Start with avoiding any cryptocurrencies like they're the plague, because that's what they are

>On the chart of your life, your first day of sobriety was one large green candlestick.

ty for this user, you get me

what if my paycheck is $200-300 :(

>On the chart of your life, your first day of sobriety was one large green candlestick.
Nicely said, user.

i was up 50% on my initial back in June and i held because i had rose-colored bull market glasses on. i don't think crypto's a plague but i also don't think it'll buy me a lambo overnight

>he still lives with his parents yet he unironically aspires to buy a lambo

I'm finally sober as well and making good $ off crypto. Feels like I've totally turned my life around. Out of debt, healthy and clean. Feelsgoodman!

So what do you guys use to day trade? Changelly? Bittrex? .5 Eth Lambogoblin asking.

nigga that's a joke about moontalk

1) Change your diet. Go whole foods, plant based. Do not eat sugar. You say you are clean and sober but dont realize that there are culturally ubiquitous drugs that are not considered drugs, namely sugar, caffiene, and cheese (Caseomorphins) . You're not sober until you're off all of these even if you quit the hard stuff already. Sugar had a month ling withdrawal period, it sucks. Your taste buds will change!!!!

2) Work out. This doesn't mean go to the gym either. I ride my bike to the train, then run to work from the train. It's insane the gains of energy and vigor I have found from these two things.

3) Do your absolute best at your job. It doesn't matter what it is currently. Have a great attitude, come in happy, leave happy, be a bright spot in people's lives. Im sure the zoo can be kind of sucky but my 1 year old son absolutely loves it, it makes his week to go there. Realize that there are other humans that appreciate your work. Find ways to improve your zoo and the way things are done around there and present them to the managers.

4) Start to develop highly marketable skills or develop your entrepreneurial spirit. Learn to code at night instead of video game. Learn real estate and get your license. Listen to some DAN PENA.

5) Stop giving a fuck about what anyone thinks of you, unless it's your parents or best friends, because they usually want the best for you and you should accept their inputs.

6) Find a relationship and actually care and love your partner. I met my wife while still living with my parents 4 years ago (i was 24). I moved in with her in under a year, we now have a family and I LOVE her.

Best of luck user, you'll make it.

fuck off, faggot

my hero. i'm assuming you're a trader not a holder. what platform do you use?

I normally use bittrex and I hold a few solid long term positions (6+ months). But ive been using cryptopia and yobit to try and flip shitcoins usually like $200 at a time.

The first half of your story is identical to mine. At 27 I had a horrible heroin addiction. Who gives a fuck about living with your parents. It doesn't feel cool, and its harder to get laid but it is the best place for you right now. Be patient, 4 years ago today I had nothing. Today I own a successful Cash for Gold business. Boat, House, Cars, Sexy girlfriend. I'm planning to spend the winter in south america. Life is good. I would strongly suggest attending a Narcotics Anonymous meeting in your area. It will teach you how to think about this world in a healthy way. For example: All you can really do is the next right thing. These things add up, and if you know to your self that the next right thing is all you have been striving for you will be free of the pain of regret. You will be free to focus on the present moment and do the best you can do rather than dwell on the past or anticipate the future.

>1) Mentally write off your investment in ETH and ANS. Forget they exist. Check back in a few years to see if your lotto tickets won.
Veeky Forums never ever.

I was in a similar situation 2 years ago. The thing that made it hard was a feeling that I was 25 and had already ruined my chances for a successful life. I was wrong.

Stay clean/sober is number 1. Next work your ass off. I mean keep working at the zoo, and start driving for uber part time or get another part time job. If you won't do that, then start taking classes or studying a trade/certification. Keep in mind though that these things are secondary to sobriety. Don't work 16 hour days if you can't handle it without drinking or getting high, it interferes with you going to meetings (if you do that), or any other way it might interfere with your sobriety.

TLDR:
Don't look at the big picture so much. Focus on doing a good job today. For you that's being healthy, earning money, and improving yourself. So each day just make sure you're doing those 3 things. Once those become a habit you'll be ok.

I got sober on July 11th 2015 and I worried my ass off for the first year because I thought I had let my life pass me by and I would never have a good career (no college degree). On July 11th 2016 I became CCNA certified and in October of that year I got an entry level job with SAIC making 43k with great benefits. I'm now making 55k and have more options if I choose to go somewhere else. Moral is, if it happened for me it can happen to you (I was a real bad drunk/druggie). Keep your head up and don't let your negative thoughts keep you from trying. You don't know the future, but you know what you're doing today.

Forgot to clarify that when I say "being healthy" I mean eating well and exercising regularly. Those are really important.

First off, big ups on six months of sobriety. The first year is really tough, that's why 95% of people fail. You have to ask yourself every day, do I want to be one of the 5%?

Without sobriety, nothing else matters. Take care of that first. Go to meetings. Help another addict. Volunteer to help at your home group. Get involved.

The next right thing is all you can focus on. Don't live in regret of the past or in fear of the future.

And whatever /biz says, take it with a grain of salt.

t. Sober oldfag who hangs out on /biz

ty guise, doing my best to avoid future-tripping. one day at a time. all that happy shit.

today Veeky Forums wasn't terrible