So who won Waterloo?

So who won Waterloo?

Prussia or Britain?

The bad guys

What matters is the French lost, and Boneyfags were eternally btfo

>Just because you have all been beaten by Wellington, you think he's a good general. I tell you Wellington is a bad general, the English are bad troops, and this affair is nothing more than eating breakfast

/thread

Napoleon was the good guy

If only the imperial guard knew the English were bad troops, they might not have run away!
I fucking love that Napoleon referred to the Brits as English to try and divide and conquer. It's embarrassing enough that he couldn't beat the UK, not being able to beat ENGLAND is truly humiliating.

The english did well enough to hold the field long enough for Blucher to arrive, but in the end it's Blucher who did the real work.

This

It was mostly Germans, and they had a huge advantage over Napoleon in this battle, which is a meme in the first place since the actual important battle was Leipzig.

>250,000 Frenchmen faced a coalition of about 850,000 soldiers

I hate how everyone cites this as somehow proof of Napoleon's incompetence. What was the alternative strategy to the attack? Fabian tactics only really work when one has a manpower advantage.

Is everyone somehow suggesting that Wellington could have, with 250,000 soldiers, defeated 850,000? Give me a break.

I can guarantee that if you actually put it to any one of these retards, they couldn't tell you what it is they like about Napoleon or what they thought would be better had he won

Meritocratic civil law and the metric system by the end of the bayonet
what's not to like

Metric system is garbage.

Now that's just false, the metric system is practically divine

T. fractional cretin

Both

>measurement based on one ten-millionth of the distance from the equator to the North Pole (because Science!™) that they got wrong anyway
>shit for factorising
>has actually had people killed (search "death by decimal point")
>divine

>factorising
Gee, I wonder what sort of english speaker is behind this post

I don't care fag, metric blows chunks. Worst mistake this country ever made was converting to it

Don't care eurocunt, metric blows chunks. Worst mistake this country ever made was converting to it

This. But even if Napoleon won Waterloo, he had a shitstorm of Austrians and Russians coming his way.

>2767672

those digits are trippy bruh

And most of those 250k french troops were green recruits to the boot.

I like the fact the guy was charismatic as fuck, even when authors 200 years after he died talk about him some of his grandeur seeps through. I read a biography, and the part just before Austerlitz gave me the fucking goosebumps. That ray of sun that led the French through the mist and up the plateau.

That's why I like boney.

Also the fact that he killed of the last remains of Feudalism and kickstarted the modern era with his laws.

Even the English army was mostly german, look it up. Only 20.000 or so soldiers were actual brits, the rest were Germans and Dutch-Belgians

Not any of those guys, but compared to the people he was fighting Napoleon was a saint.
He brought with him a modernised legal system and social mobility that hadn't existed in Europe prior to the revolution. Albeit he did most of it for his own ego but the results were largely positive for Western thought in the long-run. If it weren't for his actions, the Enlightenment wouldn't have consolidated in Western Europe. The continent would be much like Tsarist Russia in that sense.

eh blucher turned a bloody stalemate into a rout but the british 'did the real work' because by the time blucher arrived on the field the french had lost most of their cavalry and their infantr were battered as hell, tired and in no fit state to carry on a fight.

its lie if you had a heavywieght bxing match and subbed in anther heavy weight in the twelth round, sure hes gooing to win but the guy who fought the first 11 rounds did the work

clearly a masterpiece of reason and logic