Find a better trading service that this

Find a better trading service that this.
Pro tip: Ya cant haters

Do you enjoy knowing you're stop levels are sold to hedge funds?

Damn. That's cold.

>tfw never use stops, just stare at chart all day
Danger is my name.

Could you explain exactly how hedge funds profit from your stops?

its a fuckin phone app, so anything on a real website with real chart tools is obviously better

>buy stock X at $10
>set stop loss at $5 and take profit at $20
>hedge fund decides stock X will go down
>hedge fund also sees a thousand people have set a stop loss at $5 (courtesy of Robinhood)
>hedge fund knows that if they can push price down to $5, they will trigger a cascade of sell orders (ie. your stop loss is hit), which pushes price further down
>hedge fund profits off of everyone's stop being triggered

This is called stop hunting.

so normie it hurts

God you're fucking retarded.

anyhting where you can to you actual charts, technical indicators (what virtually everyone with a clue trades based off of), watchlists, alerts, is worth $5 trade fee. Unless you're poverty tier and $5 represents more than 1% of your total investment.

well, this applies to every exchange that has limits, in every market right? is something wrong with robinhood? they can actually see where people have the stops?!

Also you get to build your own screeners to find random tickers you never would otherwise that are prime for a break out.

pic related is how I found a company to buy yesterday that I didn't and still don't know virtully anything about but is up 12%. The only "chart" on robinjew is literally retard teir and tells you absolutely nothing

That sounds like it should be illegal.

Yes, they can see exactly where the stops are. Whatever stop loss value you entered when placing the trade, the hedge fund can see. Without this data hedge funds still go stop hunting, but they don't know which targets to hit exactly. Turns out your stops are really valuable information, which is why Robinhood can provide commission free trading by selling it.

>downloading an app
>entering all of your info
>using their trading platform completely free
uhhhhh dat my info. dat shood be illegal. dat not fair

Just saying that it sounds a lot like market manipulation.

Perhaps it's illegal if it's you're broker that is triggering your stops, but that's not what is happening with Robinhood.

thats such bullshit dude, money really brings out the worse out of people, fuck, how can you take advantage of your customers like that?!

Robinhood is just smart. They decided they can make more money selling data and offering free trades, and few people bother asking why it's free.

Switch to a broker that doesn't sell your data.

Idk I like my prime pretty well

>stop levels are sold to hedge funds
What's the sauce of this info?

>They decided they can make more money selling data
That would be illegal, right?

Check their terms and conditions. I read it the first time I heard of Robinhood a couple of months ago. I remember them saying they make content available, which includes your positions.

responded to the wrong one.

see

>includes your positions.
But that would be illegal.

it says it right there in their terms and conditions. I don't know what you want me to say.