Armor & Weapons

Lets get an armor and weapons thread, its been a while since we had one. Post the best pictures or illustrations you have.

This is the weapon that conquered Lower Egypt circa 3,500 B.C.

Sticks and stones eh

I give you the Koteka. African penis armor because when you're a real badass you only need to protect one thing from calamity.

now that's what I call a sword fight

Im getting a serious boner for renaissance armor which ive never had before

Lazy, uninspired, and churlish.
"the real horn of africa" would work much better

Lol is his twig and berries in some kind of special cock pocket?

That bulge is obviously artistic liscence

now that's what I call a sticky situation

IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING

>That bulge is obviously artistic liscence

I think its a cod piece

I saw on a documentary that those things ruing their penises because of lack of hygiene, they get diseases, one guy had his entire dick covered in wart like things, it was fucking disgusting.

The fact that 16th-17th century tercio and troops of the line shot and stabbed each other with absolutely no armor, has to be pure stupidity from a military tactics standpoint.

>save tens of thousands of dollars on armor cost and upkeep
>save money but not having to transport armor
>save money but not having the soldiers get worn out quicker and have needing more food

Uh, what? I can't speak for the entire era, but Tercios almost always wore helmets and breastplates, and I believe most troopers did really up until the line infantry era.

>craftsman, this codpiece surely isn't ample enough
>b-but my leige the measurements were precise
>but my codpiece is so much smaller than Lord Enemesis' codpiece...
>Ah. Well my Lord I think I have just the thing

>caring what women find visually appealing
>implying the warts aren't just tactical ribbing

This thread has to live

Imagine being Hannibal and seeing hundreds of thousands of these bad ass mothafuckers charging him down lol

Please be joking

Winged hussars are obligatory

Norman knights in harness

>light cavalryman
>13th
>full mail armor

Typical osprey bullshit.

Byzantine=Best Empire

What's he wearing

aventails are cool

What is that made of? some kind of plant?

1) Arming cap. Prevents the metal coif and helmet from being uncomfy and crushing into your skull when struck
2,3,4) Mail coif with aventail
6,9) Gambeson, a padded jacket that is very important in preventing your mail armor from crushing your skin when it gets struck
10,11) mail chausses to protect the legs. Not sure what 12 is
14) His underwear and pants with suspension for the leg armor.

>man clearly wearing Breton heraldry
>"French"

GALLAOUED GET OUT

BREIZH ATAO

BREIZH DIEUB

REEEEEEEEEE

>Not sure what 12 is

Could 12 be extra protection for the knee because of the shield? Or to make it more comfortable when the shield hits your knee.

12 looks like a knee brace, which any weight lifter can tell you is very handy when you need your legs to stand firm, for instance in a pushing melee

Best melee weapon coming through

*laughs in plate mail*

This is the armor worn by the Maratha Empire.

the helmet

The weapons they used

WE

And what they would look like in general

>Koteka
That's New Guinean

I see you fellas like Osprey, well so do I

>Typical osprey bullshit.
Don't get me started on their medieval Chinese volumes.

fpbp

I honestly wish osprey posters would commit suicide.
I've had to argue with people who thought plate was impossible ot move in an only worn by "kings and castle guards" and that you'd be "swarmed by a man in chain".

Their source?
Fucking osprey.

Shaquelle is lost in between worlds of academia and the hood. In between defending his thesis on King Arthur and talking his best friend Mo'Shawn out of robbing the local 7-11, he lives a life of nonstop excitement. One night during an epic study binge, Mo'Shawn drags Shaquelle off to an IHOP, not knowing that there Mo'Shawn has planned a robbery. There, Shaquelle is accidentally shot in the head. Shaquelle finds himself transporting to another realm, and finds himself actually on the round table of King Arthur. Can he use his knowledge of the hood to lead the knights to victory? Time is ticking as he has hours to live in the ICU, and his thesis is due in the morning; and in Arthur's court he will learn about true friendship, solve the nagging question of his sexuality, experience the secrets of his thesis first hand, and seek the holy chalice that will heal him and bring him back to his reality. But if Shaquelle can transport from modern times to King Arthur's realm, perhaps Merlin come to Brooklyn, and terrorize the modern police force using ancient magic? And who better to serve Merlin than Mo'Shawn. Together, they solve the nagging question of their sexuality, and in the end, we learn that maybe reality and fantasy are not all they are cracked up to be, and that the best kept secrets are right in front of you.

>""versatile""

It depends on the historian writing it. More poorly documented periods of history also seem to attract worse historians.

>what is a cod piece

kill yourselves

reminder that aesthetic>protection

Why not combine the two

Plate and Gambeson > Plate, mail and gambeson
If you git gud you don't need mail at all
Also mail is ugly as fuck when worn with plate

>mail is ugly as fuck when worn with plate

fucking pleb

When is say plate I mean European Plate

Hamata>Segmentata

Looks elvish

Turkish*

you mean turks stole the byzantine look

The Hat on Emperor Manuel is very Turkic.

You see the same similar hat in Tartars and in the Turkic invaders of late Jin/Fragmentation Period China.

Elements of Turkic fashion have been incorporated in Byzantine fashion, where they are called something like "Skythikoi" meaning "Scythian."

Since as far as the Byzantines were concerned, every bow-twanging, horsenigger barbarian culture is Scythian.

true it does like very tartar, I mainly thoughed you where refering to the armor though not the hat. Can't argue about the hat

Yeah, was talking about the hat, bb.

WUZ

Byzantines under heavy Sassanid influence

not best but certainly the most aesthetically pleasing

Why do people find that aesthetic? Its garbage

Do any of you faggots even own arms and armor?
If so post em'!