What went wrong?

The CIA armed native rebels.

lack of migration brought about my lack of investment and lack of investment brought about by lack of migration. There was little incentive for american free blacks to migrate there since there wasn't really anything for them to do there, and there was no surplus population of americo-liberians that would make investment into liberia worthwhile. By the time Liberia had anything worth foreign powers spending on the period where it could have attracted migrants was largely over.

America sided with the 70 IQ monkey retard underclass against the black American ruling class just because the native leader called himself an anti-communist.

Well at least they still have a lower homicide rate than the US...
Literally

>pop. of liberia= 4.4 million
>pop. of USA= 318.86 million
yeah gee I wonder why they have a lower homicide rate

It's probably because they can't keep accurate records.

>he thinks a smaller population has anything to do with the RATE.

do you not understand the word "rate"

stop pretending the black population in America doesnt a problem with homicides

That's not how it works my man.

>There was little incentive for american free blacks to migrate there since
How about a country of your own to settle? A land free of racial discrimination and racial segregation. A new opportunity and a fresh start?

Plus if all or most of the American blacks went to Liberia and actually managed to make it "Black American land" and have semi-success America would have had a good ally in the region who could have been a leader in mediating between other African states and the West.

The only problem with that is that black Americans are so heavily invested in the United States, the average black American is actually more deeply rooted in America than the average white American. To abandon our investment of blood sweat and tears in America would be a tragedy. I do however believe we should take a more supportive stance in regard to Liberia. Similar to how the French deal with their African colonies.

>To abandon our investment of blood sweat and tears in America would be a tragedy.

All the American Blacks I know who immigrated out are much happier.

As a black American I've thought about investing in Liberia. How would that work? Would I even be allowed to?

>To abandon our investment of blood sweat and tears in America would be a tragedy.
the real tragedy is African Americans have relatively accomplished nothing

What country do you live in?

What went wrong is that Puerto Ricans are screeching drug abusing baboons.

afaik there aren't very many restrictions on FI in liberia, so go ahead

Not really. Black Americans get to essentially claim every American achievement, because they have always been major contributors to the larger society and are over represented in the federal government.

as someone who spent a large portion of his life around whites, blacks and latinos, i learned that the puerto ricans are actual subhumans.

yeah it doesnt work like that, African Americans cant claim going to the moon

Africa is dicey because there are so many convoluted relationship, and I wouldn't want to accidentally support people that are blackballed by the US gov, and have to face legal ramifications.

Can Irish-Americans? It was a German man who made it possible.

There are black people that work for NASA.

The same day America put a man on the moon some 18 year old black kid was killed in a Vietnamese jungle. They are Americans through and through.

Yeah but my daddy tol me yew niggers ruined thays country. even though my great gran-daddy fought a war against the union cuz they wuz infringan awn states rights.

Naht states rahts tah own slayves tho. The civil war wusn't 'bout slavery.

Latino here. Just about every Latino hates Puerto Ricans, followed by the Cubans.

I don't think South Americans care about puerto ricans.

>The only problem with that is that black Americans are so heavily invested in the United States, the average black American is actually more deeply rooted in America than the average white American.
They hate it here. Better if they went to their home continent.

Your fantasies aren't part of reality, user.

They don't hate it. They have their complaints, like any ethnic group, but they are literal products of American history, and at this point they could have no home but America.

You could, but you shouldn't, from both an economic and social perspective. Chances are any investments you do make will go up in smoke, as Liberia is in the top 5 failed states in the world. Plus any investment into Liberia that does not result in the creation of industry only further weakens its ability to be ecnomically succesful.

I can understand complaints about immigration in Europe and people telling them to go home. I can't understand people wanting black people who were brought by force and suffered a lot of shit to go back to a unfamiliar place after having assimilated and contributed to society.

Samuel Doe

>Black lives matter! But not enough for us to go live with other Black lives!
How could they not go to a new home? Throughout history people have found new homes. Including the Americans themselves. New homes are new opportunities.

Liberia, like a good few other african states, is an investors wild west. Low barriers to entry for foreign capital and investors and lots of options, but endemic corruption and the possibility of str8 up getting shot or robbed if one works hands-on in the place make it a risky place to consider starting ones entrepreneurial career.

I would do my homework.

I'm thinking along the lines of supporting certain leadership, and also making investments in infrastructure and businesses and what not. I would know who I am dealing with, and what I'm getting into. Liberia could have potential.

BLM is not in anyway representatives of most black Americans.

Do you think europeans came to america and settled inland just for a bit of fun

I wouldn't go there personally without a small army of a security detail. I believe there is a lot of untapped potential there, my only concern is that the US gov would have a problem with it.

>I wouldn't go there personally without a small army of a security detail.
You're over-exaggerating. Unless you've got the sort of capital that justifies that sort of overhead cost, in which case you shouldn't be on Veeky Forums.
> my only concern is that the US gov would have a problem with it.
Nah probably not, so long as you're not doing str8 up illegal shit. Nobodies gonna bat an eyelash if you do normal shit like setting up a construction company or something.

They are in a bastard state of nowhere. Neither a U.S state and neither independent. They are in some fucked colony like potion that's fucked them hard for years and fucked their heads hard.

PR's are basically what would happen to former euro colonies if they remained a colony to this day. Hell French Guinea is a hoepless mess.

Why the fuck are you bringing up BLM for no reason in an attempt to draw up a strawman?