What are the TRULY ORIGINAL coins? Don't tell me about Bitcoin wannabes...

What are the TRULY ORIGINAL coins? Don't tell me about Bitcoin wannabes. I wanna know what are the coins that have unique features that may generate demand for them in the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.sia.tech/topic/21/sia-vs-storj-vs-maidsafe
jonhq.com/looking-at-the-top-100-altcoins-by-the-problems-theyre-looking-to-solve/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

niggercoin

Ethereum
Siacoin
Monero

Competitors to all of these coins are widely regarded as inferior

Bitbay

Pretty much this

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Monero

Literally every other coin is a worthless vaporware shitcoin.

>Siacoin
>Monero
What's original about them?

I mean, Storj does exactly what Siacoin does, right? Why is Siacoin better than Storj?

cuz its got a better team and better tech

Minereum.

Really? I've just downloaded the Siacoin UI and frankly it seems much less user friendly than Stoj's client. If I wanted to store my files in a cloud I'd pick Storj.

Blockchain storage is a meme. Encrypt it and store it locally or in the pre-existing cloud.

I don't own storage coins, but know i would not buy storj. lead dev left and says he has no confidence in the board. fuck buying into that drama.

This. Its the holy trifrcta

unironically
NMR
and QRL. it fills a niche that hasn't been realised

Just read their 3 page whitepaper. I don't see why this coin is needed... Yet another Ethereum wannabe with "a different mining approach". The average user doesn't care about mining, so I don't see demand surging for this coin in the near future.

>NMR
I've been participating in numer.ai contests for weeks now.

Aside from paying data scientists, I fail to see what other use this coin could have. Also, did they really need to create a token to pay data scientists? Why don't they pay prizes in bitcoin?

>Monero
What's the pitch for Monero? Privacy? Most people don't care about privacy (aside from those buying drugs on Silk Road, laundering money or hiding money from the IRS).

So I don't see what could generate demand for this coin, aside from the black market. Also, isn't Bitcoin private enough?

at the moment the payout is BTC and NMR afaik. from September they will be only paying out in NMR but %90 less than now. I presume the reason for not paying in BTC would be to increase the value of NMR as there is is also some scarcity to it the DS would want to hold it, as the value would likely increase.

also
think globally. not everybody has the headaches of the IRS.
think Venezuala

Avoiding the tax man and laundering money is pretty good

This. By supporting Monero you're supporting child slavery and drug trafficking.

It's a good business

what is cash numbnuts?
do you use cash?
criminals do all the time.

dude, its the coin pedos use and recommend to other pedos

theress quite a market for it

Siacoin make contracts between the data provider and the data holder, a better deal to the space seller (data holder) storj is so fucking disorganized its disgusting.

monero - most untraceable transactions (crypto is already private but this is the gold standard of privacy currently)

siacoin - better than competitors as explained here forum.sia.tech/topic/21/sia-vs-storj-vs-maidsafe

VRM/VRC one of a kind Binary chain, Cpu mine only...

Decred

>Avoiding the tax man and laundering money is pretty good
You realize that a currency that justifies itself for those purposes will never be adopted by the masses, right?

>think Venezuala
Can't Venezuelans hide their money in Bitcoin? I doubt the Venezuelan government would be able to trace Bitcoin transfers.

XRP
Monero
Siacoin
Bitshares

>siacoin - better than competitors
AS I said earlier, I downloaded the Sia UI but it isn't user friendly yet... I don't think the average user would give up their Dropbox or Google Drive accounts for Sia cloud storage.

Also, 'Siacoin' is a terrible brand. The average user won't trust it more than they trust Google or Dropbox.

you know a lot about it then huh?
true. It maybe an extreme and a shit example but if you were fleeing somewhere, would you want a possible trail back to you and your savings?.
I know user, not exactly mass adoption material.

>Won't have my funds for 2 more days
>Siacoin just keeps rising

wrong. ANS > ETH

>Decred
Nice brand. Excellent website. Well explained. Very democratic. Yet it looks like just another Bitcoin wannabe. Also, who the hell is developing it?

Devs are the guys who wrote BTCsuite. They are legit. Plan is to gradually switch over to DAO starting with a proposal system for spending of development funds. Already did a vote and had a successful UAHF but you don't see that anywhere.

Also it's not democracy. It's more like a share-holder governance in a corporation.

>ANS
What's original about it, aside from the fact that appeals to the chinks?

If PIGGY isn't on your radar then you're a fool, the coin (and exchanges which support it, like Nova) are poised to capture the education market for crypto when Devos kills common core and teachers are free to teach again.

You faggots never listen but PIGGIES love CAKES, it cannot be denied.

> it isn't user friendly yet

absolutely true, and the price/market cap reflects that.

>The average user won't trust it

I dont think its most promising use case is being the most trustworthy cloud storage system. People will use it to share media and make sure its available at all times (unlike torrents with no seeds) and cant be taken down by anyone (even illegal content)

Dont listen to the noobs
this is the list:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Litecoin
Chancoin (cuz community)

the rest is irrelevant hyped garbage

>Also it's not democracy. It's more like a share-holder governance in a corporation.
Seems like a recipe for disaster then... but I'll read their whitepaper, maybe I'm wrong.

>Litecoin
Interesting tech but to me it's just a Bitcoin wannabe. I suspect most people are holding it because of Aug 1st.

dont buy ANS then, not everyone can be rich

>Chancoin
Can't Veeky Forums users pay each other in Bitcoin?

The point of Decred's built-in governance system is to avoid the kind of conflicts BTC is currently dealing with. Personally I think August 1 will come and go without much drama, but that's not to say there won't be another conflict in BTC's future.

STEEM

it will replace facebook

ETH
BTC
SIA
XRP
FCT
WAVES
BLOCKS

Actually have profited a lot from trading ANS. But aside from being Chinese don't see anything original about it. Of course, we can take advantage of the fact that the Chinese buy it to make a profit, but sort of speculation isn't sustainable in the long run.

>August 1 will come and go without much drama
Nigga have you been living under a rock?!

The crypto market just had a massive crash

ETH dropped 50%

>Decred's built-in governance system
Will read more about it.

>reading the whitepaper
I thought this was Veeky Forums

Anyway, I don't like the term democracy because it's weighted by DCR ownership. Which is the way it should be IMO. Call it democracy and people get pissy when it's not 1 person = 1 vote. Votes require supermajority (75%) to prevent tyranny of the majority problem (51% vs 49%).

Regarding your earlier question (bitcoin wannabe), it is in many ways trying to be like bitcoin. If you believe the current scaling debate is all a show and will be resolved without a hitch, and there will never be another governance crisis again, and Bitmain & co will get along perfectly with Blockstream, then you can ignore Decred.

The average user doesn't even know what encryption is. Do you think they will trust a decentralized blockchain to store their private information more than they trust Google/Amazon/Microsoft?

Also, if you want to share data that can't be taken down you can already use bitTorrent.

I like the concept of blockchain cloud storage but I'm skeptical... Unless they make this really user friendly (something like Dropbox) and cheap, it won't catch on.

>votes weighted by DCR ownership
So people with more DCR would have more decision-making power to change the blockchain? What if they collude to benefit themselves?

lmao, you sold your ANS?

like I said, not everyone can be rich

Of course that's a possibility, but compared to the alternatives I think it's preferable:
>what if chinese miners collude to benefit themselves
>what if Vitalik colludes to benefit himself
>What if the federal reserve colludes

There's no rich list but I don't think there is enough DCR concentration to easily enable this. Even then if they colluded, their actions would be public and would probably kill the project.

I didn't. It was my bot. It bought low and sold high.

>I don't think there is enough DCR concentration to easily enable this
There will be in the future, as newcomers buy DCR. Early adopters will also have more than newcomers.

By the way, over time this weighting mechanism would discourage new people from buying Decred.

>eth
>ans
>etc
>ubq
Can the real smart contract platform please stand up

Also why has no one mentioned Lisk?

What do you mean? You would need a cabal to own more than 75% of all DCR.

>it's weighting mechanism would discourage new people from buying Decred.

That is possible, but the alternative would be absurd. Would you suggest that a random Veeky Forums user have as much voting power as one of the devs? Or that someone who put in their lives savings in 2017 should have the same say as someone who put their in lunch money in 2020?

nah, it's like an elite coin only we have that shit, no normies no jews no pump&dumpers etc

i can't wait, i'm going to buy so much bags when the prices hit the floor

Yeah, that's the market going nuts in anticipation of August 1. So all of that shit is already being priced in. August is still 3 weeks away.

Are you old enough to remember Y2K? Lots of drama and fear leading up to it, then nothing actually happened.

What type of algo are you using? I wrote a script last week to do some trading, simple momentum stuff

>People still shill the federal reserve style garbage that is ETH

Just because you made money on it, and it's a high price, doesn't mean it's worth a fucking cent. No one even uses it to pay for anything.

pro-sex trafficker pedophile enabler everybody

and investing in monero will enable sex trafficking and pedophilia how?

Monero

where do you buy?

mega noob here. what will happen August 1st?

Bitshares is the most underrated coin in the entire cryptoworld, the fact that you don't see people shilling it anywhere should be enough motivation to invest in it.

there's also this OP

jonhq.com/looking-at-the-top-100-altcoins-by-the-problems-theyre-looking-to-solve/

xexr.com
/scaling-bitcoin-block-size-debate/

so why does possible bitcoin split affect other currencies so much? also the article says if you hold the keys you'll possibly get both bitcoins after split, so if one is presumed to win the race shouldn't people invest in bitcoins? they either get one good outcome or both, unless the whole thing crashes of course but how likely is that in the long run?

This.

BTA, you should take a look into this one.

Thanks user. That's really useful. T. OP.

>so why does possible bitcoin split affect other currencies so much?

Because when most people get scared for their bitcoins they don't put it into other coins. They take their money out of the market completely and put it back in fiat. Which makes the overall market cap of cc go down which scares other people to sell too.

What is the redpill on Bitshares and Bitbay?

I think it was Jesus who said, "Monero is the way."

>The average user doesn't even know what encryption is.
Uh, yes they do. I mean they couldn't explain the difference between private and public keys, but they know roughly what the purpose is.

No one is really talking about it on biz, but in my opinion Zcash (ZEC) will be the next big thing. Their technology for privacy with zero knowledge proofs is just awesome. My guess is that ZEC will coexist with ETH to make real private transaktions in the future.

Monero is similar of course, different tech though. What makes one significantly better than another?

For starters, Monero isn't a premined shitcoin. But that also means that Monero gets basically zero advertising which is why it's so undervalued right now.

QRL Is literally just a shit version of NXS so no.

Not a single person here has mentioned ICN. It's like you all want to stay poor

Lisk and Decred are similar in that they rely on shareholder power Decred is more like BTC and Lisk like ETH. Would recommend buying both

this. just about everything else is a shitcoin with no future, and most of them based on ethereum. just buy ethereum.

>Bitcoin
>Ethereum
>Monero

Another vote for this.

Monero is very undervalued. In addition to the best goddamn privacy tech in all cryptospace, Monero already has dynamic block sizes which allows it to overcome scaling issues that eth and bitcoin have had in the past few weeks.

What are today's costs for storing 1 megabyte worth of files in the most popular blockchain cloud storage options?

I love how everyone ignores these simple facts about ETH, it's like they WANT to baghold.

zero

Yeah it's the original waves

Bitshares
Steem
Bitbean

Obama deletes bitcoin.

SHEEEEEIT

What's intersting about BTS?

how much money are you willing to throw?

op i gotta go out soon look at your thread and give me your email