Yo Albert Speer

>yo Albert Speer
>lets raze Berlin and rebuild it lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welthauptstadt_Germania
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He was clearly on drugs when this picture was taken!!!

one eye on Moscow, the other on London

Is this photo even really him? He looks like a potato.

>implying it all didn't work out according to plan

>"In ten years you will not recognize Berlin."
>-Adolf Hitler, 1935

If he did that it would've been the fascist Cultural Revolution.

The mao kind.

Looks spectacular but was impossible to built.

wew

>1939, Wehrmacht troops march in Warsaw
>1940, Wehrmacht troops march in Paris

>1945, Polish troops march to Berlin's Victory Column and fly 3 Polish flags from the top
>1945, French troops are given their own occupation zone in Germany
poetic justice

muh weather indoors
muh rain due to everyone breathing

Dubs confirm this

"I din known nuffin about no holocaust"

~albert speer 1945

yeah that always seemed like bullshit to me

I'd be more worried about the physics of the huge dome and the unstable foundations.

>much weather indoors
I think the problem is that Berlin is essentially a swamp and couldn't have accommodated so much weight.

This weather thing sounds interesting tho. Sauce?

the dome looks god awful tbqh. No sense of proportion.

>This weather thing sounds interesting tho. Sauce?
I heard it from a history channel documentary, from back in the day when they did those things. It had to with Speer/Hitler's vision for a new Berlin

Tell me about this plan for Berlin? I'm awfully interested.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welthauptstadt_Germania

>At the northern end of the boulevard, Speer planned to build the Volkshalle, a huge assembly hall with a dome which would have been over 700 feet (210 m) high, with floor space for 180,000 people. At the southern end of the avenue a great triumphal arch would rise; it would be almost 400 feet (120 m) high, and able to fit the Arc de Triomphe inside its opening.

>When Speer's father saw the model for the new Berlin, he said to his son, "You've all gone completely insane."[42]

kek

lol they even painted the evil looking clouds, did Hitler really believed he was an anime villian?

>Berlin is built on soft ground/marsh
>Those huge buildings would've literally sunk into the ground

Fuck you I like Germania. An imitation of ancient Rome is better than all of the soulless cosmopolitan indistinct generic crap that you can find in every city of the world nowadays. Super ambitious architecture and mass public work projects should come back.

Wonder who drew it

probably some rejected austrian artist

better or worse than its proposed soviet counterpart?

IIRC they literally built a giant concrete block to see if the ground could actually support any of these buildings

>that colossal monument to a filthy russian peasant

triggered

Hitler's greatest crime was interrupting the construction of this.

>Germania
Pathetic
Couldn't they have come up with an actually Germanic name? It only made them look like shitty larpers.

Reminds me of how in Poland some people want to name the Silesian metropolitan Area "Silesia" in Polish. Fucking cringe. It sounds awful. There are literally no placenames in Poland that have Latin origins. All are of Slavic, Germanic or Baltic origin.

>the nazis never got around to destroying Berlin's comfy pedestrian-oriented European city layout and replacing it with a cancerous Americanesq vehicle-oriented infrastructure

I'm glad tbqh

Just drill fuckhuge piles all the way down to the bedrock.