This guy shows up in your village, how do you respond?

This guy shows up in your village, how do you respond?

Other urls found in this thread:

historyforatheists.blogspot.lt/2017/04/cats-black-death-and-pope.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ask how In can help and work as directed tirelessly until I die of plague or he leaves.

Start avoiding unclean odors

Don't let him any where near my family.

These guys probably did more to spread the disease than any one else. Their intentions may have been pure and clean, but their medical tools sure weren't.

Then go home and tell everyone that I had a vision from God that it was the fleas and the rats which were spreading the disease.

oh shit is that a motherfucking bloodborne reference

Lol!

You're somehow implying that the Doctors spread the plague...

But they showed up after the plague had arrived...

Which makes your basic premise an impossibility...

No it's not.

Bloodborne was an /x/ reference

>tfw will never get a cool 17th century rpg setting because everything cool like birdmaskguy has been pinched to spice up boring medieval settings

follow him around town and smack the back of his head, when I get bored I'll throw an empty beer can at him and steal his bird mask before running away

Mistake him for an emu and grab my superior gum-sab reinforced Woomera (spear-thrower to you gaijins)

They may not have initially spread the plague in a village, but the actions they took when they arrived spread it further. Learn basic English before replying to a post user jesus christ.

>doctor visits plague victims, treats them by draining their infected buboes with a knife
>doctor then immediately goes to his next non-plague patients and treats them by bleeding them with the same knife that hasn't been washed in any meaningful way
>plague doctor then goes home and stops by the market where he coughs and sneezes over everything and everyone
>doesn't spread the plague

So how come the plague doctors didn't get the plague genius?

Not sure if trolling...

God he's so weird

No seriously why wouldn't the doctors get the plague?

They did.

Because of their robes and stuff. They had their entire body covered. Fleas had a hard time biting them.

If you are draining oozing infected lymph nodes by pricking them with a scalpel, with no knowledge of germ theory to tell you to thoroughly clean your hands, clothes and equipment before taking them home for the day, being bitten by fleas is the least of your worries

>with no knowledge of germ theory to tell you to thoroughly clean your hands, clothes and equipment before taking them home for the day,
People didn't understand germ theory but they did understand that washing stuff was a good idea.

Yeah, that's why they didn't wash between treating patients...

Actually the discovery that it was a good idea for doctors to wash their hands was only made in the 19th Century.

and guy who tried to tell other to wash hands was ridiculed into suicide

They did though, there's plenty of mention of it in antique and medieval literature.

Please, provide a source for ancient and medieval surgeons and physicians washing between patients, rather than people washing in general.

What he said and I want the sources to include descriptions of how they thoroughly cleaned their clothes and equipment.

They honestly did not understand that there are germs or any agent spreading the sickness sticking to your hands, washing hands thouroughly after treating a patient was a waste of water, considering you get your hands dirty again. It already took a considerable time for people to distance themselves from the fervent belief that a sickness was some kind of curse or gods judgement and even after they did they believed in some kinds of essences spreading the sickness, not knowing exactly how they were spread and just assuming that contact with the patient might cause you to get sick.
If you would completely erase the idea of some organisms causing the sickness from you mind, you also would have a very difficult time explaining how the hell your patient always get sick without you getting sick.

historyforatheists.blogspot.lt/2017/04/cats-black-death-and-pope.html