Volume API

>Designing automated trading bot
>Can't find short-term volume API anywhere

Can someone please help a Veeky Forumsbro out? I want to use short term vol signals to anticipate pumps and make it to lamboland.

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/websocket-monitor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Second this.

Not using a bot. Just tired of copy/pasting all the volumes numbers from Bittrex every day.

Calculate from orders

what kind of bot? nn bot?

Even using volume indicators, how do you tell whether it's a dip or pump? Ie, how do you know whether to short or long just by short-term volume?

As in just count the sum of (order)x(amount traded) over a period of time? I would rather a less intensive way that does it for me so I don't have to sacrifice computing power. Obviously if I have to I'll go down that route.

It'll be on worthless memecoins that can only really go up

m8, just a simple Python bot that posts trades when certain criteria are met

Can probably make one for you. [email protected]. Need more info. Already pulling realtime bittrex and polo data

What's in this for you though?

Hi random user, mind sharing your information on getting realtime bittrex/polo data if I send you an email?

>I would rather a less intensive way that does it for me so I don't have to sacrifice computing power.
just use numpy and pandas dude, pretty sure there's even a method in pandas to convert raw tick data to ohlc

I don't know mate, if I save you a ton of time and effort maybe you can help me figure out algorithmic trading strategies?

BRAAAAAAPPPP

Yes I absolutely mind, because neither offer public apis for this and I don't want other people figuring it out and promoting them to shutdown what I'm using

Im writing a market scanner with auto trading functionality as a bachelor thesis.

I would give access to it for 0.05 btc / month when its done if anyone is interested let me know.

Its a vaadin webapp.

if (dip)
buy()
else
hodl();

Suppose that could work

Funnily enough I don't have a throwaway email, I'll probably get back to you in a few hours because I'm at work now (kek)

or we just go your university library and get the code

Well yeah but Im not publishing the critical parts doofus

class DGB:
def __init__(self, input):
if input=high:
buy&hold
else:
sell

def lowfunds(self):
pen_in_the_ass()

My throwaway email is [email protected], I'd pay for it once it's done if you can explain it to me

What do you expect from the program? Id like to have Ideas

I run such a bot written in VB.
Works like a charm but I won't share it with you hahahahahahahaha.

Hint: it is much more difficult than you think. It took me weeks to make it somewhat reliable. The market is too crazy to just check volume and price and compare.

Just scrape the volume every five minute into a csv if the don't write decent apis that have volume don't feel bad about it idk what they fucking expect

BASED

Why not call getmarkethistory on Bittrex every second? Use the Id to avoid counting the same trade twice. You could write a Python script that did this in a few minutes, it's just requests.get and .json() on the result.

get this: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/websocket-monitor/

and watch what happens when you watch a market on bittrex.
You can use their websocket API to get realtime data. The only issue is that they require a connection token to connect to the websocket, im not sure how long they are valid or how you could automate stealing it from your browser

Or you could just use their actual API and not worry about that spaghetti pajeet shit

>hacking is now spaghetti pajeet shit

Yes, I am sure synchronous REST calls to get data that you need to iterate over just to get basic info and need to take care of duplicates is a good idea.

if basic iteration and de-duping is too hard for you, you are pajeet

>addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/websocket-monitor/
nah the other guy was right and youre gay

the point isnt that its hard but that it costs you performance + will require you to keep a history of transactions.

If you want to watch out for realtime spikes in volume an event stream will be much better.

I mean sure, if you just wanna log transactions and don't mind potentially missing out on something then you can just use the REST api, it's good enough to get historical data.

And what are you going to do if you write a trade bot on it and they change the protocol?

And is their frontend really event based? Im guessing theyre also just pushing their shit every n sconds

>requires a history of transactions.
if you want to monitor for price action and volume spike, you'll need to keep some transactions anyways

>performance
lol the getmarketdata method literally returns transactions in sorted reverse chronological order, it's practically constant time

>and don't mind potentially missing out on something
Doesn't happen even on the highest volume markets.

>And what are you going to do if you write a trade bot on it and they change the protocol?

You don't use the websocket api to make trades, you just use it to get data. If they change the api you simply change it too, it's basically just 1 url you'd need to modify and 3-4 JSON message defitinions

>And is their frontend really event based? Im guessing theyre also just pushing their shit every n sconds

Do you even know what websockets are? Bittrex pushes out orders as they come in, they arrive at your browser in realtime (or as near realtime as can be). You can even see the orders in the stream before the UI elements in the browser are updated

getmarkethistory* method

actually, you're probably right that websockets outperforms, especially for stuff like getting order books but I have a volumefinder using the restful that works well enough for me right now -- identified quite a few pumps.