L.A. Riots

Since the 1992 Los Angeles Riots are now over 25 years old, we can discuss it on this board.

What caused the riots?
What was it's lasting affect on society?
Did anyone win?
Were race relations worsened by this event or did America begin to wake up to racial injustice because of it?
How were the Latino, Black, and Korean communities affected?

Here's some viewing material on the riots:
youtube.com/watch?v=OCYT9Hew9ZU
youtube.com/watch?v=26ToSKdfeRY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZUQhs-UzYgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was living in Pasadena at the time and i could smell the smoke from there

Here's another good video about the Koreans defending themselves during the riots.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZUQhs-UzYgU

>Did anyone win?
Everyone lost

Prime example of why " minorities" are the problem

I live in Vegas and all the Koreans I know here left LA after the riots and are generally red-pilled.

You basically can't not politicize this.

i'm a trump supporter and conservative but i'll try to explain this objectively

There were legitimate issues with police brutality/corruption in LA, stemming from the crazy 70s/80s period where US cities were even more violent than they are today thanks to the social chaos caused from civil rights and attempts to bring blacks up to the level of whites in society. Police corruption in the big cities was a major issue during this period, and people around today cant really relate to the 70s stereotype of the sleazy coke-snorting cop taking bribes and tormenting those he doesn't like. The beating of Rodney King for a petty crime became a catalyst for this discontent formed from the brutality/corruption spilled over.

At the same time, there is a big issue with violence and gang activity in the black community. Blacks at all levels of societies have a disproportionate level of crime and violence associated with them due to this cultural issue.

The grievances + cultural violence boiled over into a general state of mayhem in LA, that saw blacks attack anything and everything. Ultimately it required the army to restore order.

Race riots in the US aren't all that rare, they were very common in the 60s/70s. However they had subsidied during the Reagan era, and their sudden revival combined with the scale of the riots led to a national shock.

It's similar to race riots subsiding during the bush-II era before making their return with the Ferguson and Baltimore riots

This

I still don't understand how riots get out of control, its like everyone loses their mind and goes apeshit. Even mundane things like the Canucks losing the Stanley cup can cause affluent white people to start flipping cars, setting them on fire, and then assaulting the first responders. Riots are fascinating. Hell, blacks KNEW about police brutality but they only rioted when they saw actual footage of it...

Canadians are not white and are in fact subhuman, more in par with plant matter. The Canuck riot does not count.

Ok well sports riots happen all the time in the US, with similar results...and in Europe....and South America
See: Boston, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, etc.

It wasn't just the act that caused the riots, it was what happened after as well. There was a very clear video of the police repeatedly beating Rodney King while he was on the ground, and the media made sure that everyone saw that video. It was the fact that all of the officers that were charged were acquitted that made the situation worse. Another problem was that the court case for the officers was moved to Similar valley, which is were a lot of retired cops live, and therefore the jury lives. There also want a single black person on the jury either which didn't help.

Are you 10? When you are in group you can do silly/destructive things.

That's how flash mobs and riot mobs function.

Bumping for interest. The Korean guy in your first video is a real badass.

Humans are social animals influenced by those around them, and groups getting loud and angry tends to spiral quickly out of control. Opportunists then use the chaos to loot.

Blacks commit crimes more crime on daily basis even accounting for population percentage
Police crack down on them harder because of that
Blacks steal from Asian stores because they don't "report to police"
Black criminal gets beat up by police
Black criminal gets shot by asian old woman

Black self-righteous anger burst. Blame Asians and Police. They target asians. Asians call police. Police refuse to come to asian aid because they're not American. Asians arm themselves with guns on roofs. Latins get in on this looting of Asian stores.

Media gets in on this frenzy. Blames asians for using guns to defend their stores. Blacks blame asians for creating this division.

Fast forward, they create a reconciliation program after this riot. Blacks/Latin communities benefit. Asians are excluded and left to their own. Asians then form their own political campaign party.

People (especially young men) tend to become more confident and aggressive when they have a bunch of like minded individuals backing them up. Combine this with booze and emotional fervor because of some recent event and you're likely to get violence. Once things kick off you get people who are just opportunistic or flat out malicious that decide to take things up a notch.

And now they're both looking at whites
Also the video with the news anchor condemning the Koreans defending their businesses with rifles is disgusting the blonde slut should be hanged then shot

Somehow blacks seem to be more suspectible to crowd effect, but that's just my confirmation bias speaking.

those store owners got fucking abandoned by the people who were supposed to enforce order, only to be arrested after the riots for daring to actually protect themselves.
still pisses me off to this day when people say "why do you own a gun? just wait for the cops".

Reminder to ignore asian """masculinity""" threads

t.chink