Ethereum:

Ethereum:
- Centralized
- Mutable, bailed out rich investors after a hack
- PoW now, PoS ONLY later
- Time bomb slowing block times
- PoW reward shrinking due to large block times, will be set to a static 3 ETH before PoS
- Inflationary, No Cap

Etheruem Classic:
- Decentralized
- Immutable
- PoW forever
- No Time Bomb
- PoW reward of 5 ETC
- Deflationary, 210 Million Coin Cap

Fundamentally similar code bases, with one leaning towards a hardcore Bitcoin/Litecoin-like approach that Satoshi's original vision stood for. But with Smart Contracts. Essentially ETH reversed a major mistake to bail out investors, and is moving towards an ENTIRELY different economic system (Inflationary), while ETC retains an immutable chain with the original crypto vision of deflation and coin caps.

DISCLOSURE: I hold significantly more ETH than ETC, but am accumulating more ETC recently for the long HODL.

Other urls found in this thread:

cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-classic-makes-its-way-onto-chinese-exchange-huobi
cryptoninjas.net/2017/07/12/okcoin-intl-launch-ethereum-classic-etc-support-july-15th/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh yeah, and ETC is picking up steam in China.

cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-classic-makes-its-way-onto-chinese-exchange-huobi

cryptoninjas.net/2017/07/12/okcoin-intl-launch-ethereum-classic-etc-support-july-15th/

You forgot an important thing:
>no competent enough devs behind ETC to reach its potential

Talk shit about Vitalik but he is a brainiac and probably the only one who can make something out of the concept.

>the disclosure meme
>on Veeky Forums
>the HODL meme
>on Veeky Forums

I considered that, and while I agree, I didn't dismiss ETC entirely because of it based on the fact that the majority of the changes are directly mergable from the original ETH, which is a good thing. ETC is a clone of ETH that keeps Bitcoin's original values. I think it can function fine just merging in ETH changes (which is what it has mostly been doing). It DOES have devs, but they could obviously be better - Vitalik is a god.

Also, normies don't give a fuck about competent devs. If ETC ever gets close to ETH they'll flock to it.

bump

moon

This

You forgot the fact any Development for eth can be ported to ETC but not the other way. It is basically ETH but better.

This is the main reason I'm bullish on ETC.

stop with the logic talk here, the eth fags want a no cap, centralized, fork to screw them over coin so they cry and whine when they loose $$ and want others to feel sorry for them

Bitcoin will always be king, but ETC seems alright. I think they can coexist. Deflationary currency is nice too.

How do you solve the scam ICO problem though? I mean, they both run smart contracts, right so ETC will be just as susceptible to scam ICOs on their platform as Eth is currently, right?

Yes, but that's not the problem ETC is trying to solve. That's a separate issue that both currencies can solve (and ETH's implementation can be carried over to ETC).

Word on the street is Litecoin will be adding smart contracts. Why would anyone ETH or ETC when that happens?

Spoken like someone who has never programmed anything in his life. OP "forgot" it because it's not true. You really think Vitalik is going to be like "hur dur this ETC innovation is pure genius, but I cant implement it in ETH for no fucking reason".

Litecoin has like 2 full time devs? Good luck starting an enormous new feature like smart contracts and then out innovating the Ethereum Foundation and EEA with the head start they got.

bump

I'm a full time programmer you retarded ETH shill.

I'm sure Vitalik can program ETC innovations, but that's likely not going to happen. ETC won't come out with anything good on its own. To me, this isn't a bad thing because ETC can literally steal all of ETH's innovation and port it over. It is literally ETH without the garbage.

Seems good to me.

>Development for eth can be ported to ETC but not the other way. It is basically ETH but better.

>I'm sure Vitalik can program ETC innovations, but that's likely not going to happen. ETC won't come out with anything good on its own.

Do you have Alzheimer's?

i just realized ETH will never be big because its name sounds sci fi, and no normie will buy it because its name does not sound like money

I'm not the one who made that statement, are you retarded?

So I've been away for a year, can anyone give me a quick rundown on why the fork happened? All I know is it had something to do with "DAO". I don't know what DAO is though.

>implying being deflationary is a good thing for a resource that is designed to be exchanged

really makes you think

When it comes to making money, your list is full of pros for ETH and cons for ETC.

Ideologically, I'd love for ETC to succeed. But emotions shouldn't play a part in your investment choices. Governments and corporations are deeply corrupt. Centralization, mutability and inflation are positive properties to them. Just like sports are a proxy for tribal violence, ETH replicates power structures of central banking while fooling young people into thinking they're funding a revolution.