BitBay General

No Information Edition

>tfw bay will not break 1k again

Still only one developer edition

> tfw it will

:^)

Fair enough, but Antshares only has two and everyone's losing their minds about it. Our platform *actually already works*

i bought this shit @ 1030 sats lmao i'm so fucking stupid

>it will
Not soon enough

Will there be any significant price pumps in the near future?

does anyone buy or sell on the marketplace?

I have set up the client but when i go to the market it is always empty, and search pulls up nothing

> investing in something you wouldn't be willing to hold

Good Job :^)

Let me ask my mom maybe her motherly intuition will help us predict the future

Is it sparse or entirely empty? Perhaps you need to update to the latest client

System keeps saying i'm spam?

New BitBay Telegram Community

t.me/bitbayofficial

>Is it sparse or entirely empty? Perhaps you need to update to the latest client

after restarting, now I see this in the market for all offers.

Is this really it?

You seem to be missing some stuff. Also, bear in mind some of our markets are private - you may start your own private market at any time as well!

That being said, we are not a bustling hive of activity just yet anyways - once the rolling peg is activated roughly Q4 2017 is when BitBay will become more viable for commercial use, in addition we've been discussing ways to incentivize vendors to give our platform a try.

is it possible to buy drugs on here? im looking for an alphabay alternative

In all seriousness see the Slack for BitBay's official stance on moderation of the marketplace. There was an inquiry on this very subject earlier today.

Bay is kill

In all seriousness what is the point of buying anything on Bitbay if its not illegal and can be bought elsewhere?

Can you gib me dats screenshot?

I'll pick some up at 300 sats, stupidly sold at 900

Public markets are moderated. We want to make Double Deposit Escrow the industry standard, and we want to maintain the public BitBay markets as consumer-friendly as possible. As private markets are essentially invisible to anyone who does not know their name, moderation keys of those markets will be distributed according to user consensus. The user will be responsible for keeping their marketplace clean. Outside of a catastrophic violation of the terms of use of BitBay, markets will remain unmoderated.

We can't even see what people are doing in the private markets unless we know the name of said market, not to mention laws vary from place to place - for example, laws regarding exotic animals vary between states. In order to prevent illicit usage of the market, we enable people to create private markets catered to their locality's rules and regulations.

>we expected the crypto anarchists to follow their local governments rules, we had no idea a main use would be illegal private markets

bought a shitload at 1540. im very, very worried. im hoping in 6 months it will be ok again

Sorry about that my man, if it helps soothe your nerves we certainly aren't going anywhere. The fundamentals haven't changed, I think it's just a typical bear attack. After the dust settles on August 1st I'm excited to see what happens.

I own 3m bay. I'm really excited for bay! The pegging will be the best thing in crypro this year. Tech wise it's huge. All the crypro news websites will do lots of articles on it too so everyone will know about it. Also just as we have seen on the last dip everyone bought into Tether but with Bitbays peg they can see their pegged coins rise in value also
It's a double win!
With stalabity issues sorted companies will want to adopt it

Fuarrk if had the cash I would have bought millions of BAY too. The rolling peg is just the best thing that crypto needs right now.

Rolling peg is one of my main problems with BAY. How is this going to work? What will it be pegged to and how?

Via freezing and unfreezing of coins per a rate determined by user consensus. Users may either vote via an algorithm or manual override with their preferred rate. Frozen coins may be traded with a month long "lock" i.e. You buy from me and it doesn't transmit fully thru the blockchain until 30 days later. I'll post an info graphic when I'm back from my run, it's a fairly simple but powerful method.

oh look another bitbay shill samefagging thread

I already used all my IPs at the library, house, and phone, and made it clear it was me each time.

This is an oldie but a goodie that should help you to understand.