Guns as investments

1. Low cost
2. Hold their value
3. Pay for themselves after a few hunting trips
4. Can get you out of sticky situations
5. More practical than gold or silver if the economy collapses
6. Can always kys if buying a gun was a bad investment

Is buying a gun a good idea? I was thinking about getting gold, but then realized buying metal just because its shiny is retarded

It will be more useful than gold if gold ever becomes relevant again. Gold hodlers without firepower are retards

>live in california before 2017
>buy ar15
>can only have one "feature" at a time to be legal
>fine, better than no gun
>one year later
>ar15 with any features at all now considered assault weapons
>once legal gun now illegal
>must register with state or forfeit gun
>don't register
>now a felon

They made gold illegal once, they can make guns illegal too. Not a good investment if you ever want to sell it later. They also depreciate in value with time unless it's a rare or unique gun.

>Live in california
I've found the problem.

Just machine your own gun or buy parts across state lines and stash it. Better to have it and not need it than to need it because the world is collapsing and not fucking have it so your whole family gets raped and killed by cannibal road gangs.

Yeah, just an example. Can happen literally anywhere although it may be unlikely.

if you're hoarding guns and gold you better also be hoarding an enormous amount of food and potable water if you want it to matter at all. you can't eat metal.

true, which is why i own guns. op was asking if guns were a good investment in a biz forum. answer is fucking no.

you guys are aware that it is perfectly legal in the usa to build your own gun from scratch...aka 80% lowers. legal since something like 1967 or 1968, federal law, search it. I keep a hard copy of the law with every weapon I built from scratch. Thankfully I live in an area where everyone has a college degree, and has shot guns since age 12 or so.

Avoid that california bullshit, I dont and never would live in a communist liberal state like that. If I did, I'd have 80% built ar's and 1911's all over the place, and would probably be in jail by now for having a gun in my own home, in the off chance someone broke in and I shot them.

That being said, you can build your own and no one would know, although I wouldnt recommend that in california.

As an investment, not a great one, unless you get very rare weapon, or know certain things will be banned. years ago when clinton was in, 30rd+ mags were selling for many times their prior purchase value, as does ammo come every election season, especially fun or rare ammo.

Hell look at the pre ban M4/m16, what, $30k each now in the usa?

illegally, im sure there is a market there, but, you'd probably be in jail for eternity over a couple grand profit each. NOT worth it.

If you're buying incase of the SHTF scenario, guns are no good without lots of ammo, and that will cost a lot more than the guns in most cases. You dont really need the food supply, you can grow seeds and hunt, or you can just go take what the liberals have since they hate guns until you figure out your sustainability.

Gold will buy you refuge in a non war torn country.

In a sane non SHTF scenario, there are only a small handful of guns worth buying as an investment, and the more rounds ran through them the lower the value.

As an investment in fun memories, sure, a financial one, you better know what you're doing in the gun market.

Just hoard a couple crates of Mosin-Nagants.

They have only gone up in price in recent years.

>>/pol/
>>/k/

this is for digital coins only

>must register with state or forfeit gun
>implying they'll be able to find my stash

have a (you) I kek'd

Why do you faggots always point out /pol/? Most of the successful guys on here started out on /pol/, likely because they have more disciple and live the type of lives that relate to their ideology.

Everybody knows that /pol/, /k/, and Veeky Forums are the holy trinity of Veeky Forums and the saviors of our generation.

check em.

a few good years of democratic turn out and boom, your investment is taken away. or conversely Emperor trump opens up all the laws so your once very rare Russian bre-ban ak 74 is now available at Walmart for 350 trump bucks. Or howabout getting a cool out of production gimmicky gun that is loved, but overvalued, back into production for half the cost of an OG one, pic related.

the only thing that WAS a good investment was WW2 surplus, that shit is dried up and expensive now. Its looking unlikely that there is going to be another big boom of surplus anything hitting the market ever again so that gold rush is over.

>tfw all milsurp is getting sent to iraqi army just to be left behind as they run from isis.

Invest in guns. Worth it.

>dumb cunt, her sister, and her bf rob my house of $5000 worth of shit over something super petty
>tries on all my clothes and shoes, stretches that shit out cause she's too fat to fit.. went after all the designer shit. Stole a $2500 purse I had just bought.
>took this pic (yeah I'm not holding the gun right, I know how to shoot- I just wanted to show off my manicure- us bitches be petty like that)
>sent it to her and told that dumb ass cynt trespassing is illegal and reminded her of the laws about protecting persons and property in my state. Let her know my husband who is big (he can bear hug a washing machine with water in it and walk if up a flight of stairs) best be home if she comes back again cause tiny little me won't be able to beat her ass/ her bfs ass so I would have to use other means (pic related) to stop the threat.
>remind her she's fat and ugly and will never be beautiful, intelligent, or rich like me (I made my own money and right after she looted my place she has the gall to post on Facebook about people who get handed shit and how she hates them, because she assumed that it was all handed to me.) Also reminded her she'd never own a home or have a husband as lovely, attractive, or caring as mine.
> send her some other pics to show her I repurchased everything she stole
>post Instagram snaps a lot of my cat that she stuffed in a drawer, and all my designer clothes, shoes, and purses I buy while wearing them and looking hot. It kills her inside. I post a lot of ofther stuff too- I just know it eats her up.
>let her know I know where she lived
>got some revenge but I have to leave this part out of my post due to potential legal ramifications.
>bitch scared as FUCK of me.

But a lot of people are scared of me. She didn't know me that well.
She don't know about the cameras either.

Hilarious thing? They left my hoard of drugs that could have sold on the street for a couple grand. Dumb cunt and her dumb boyfriend.

I'm getting a savage 10 .308 winchester in about 3 months, can't wait.

imagining my cock in your hand tbqhwy that made me diamonds

Is savage the choice bolt gun?
non/k/fag here...

Crossbows would be a better investment

For someone allegedly well off you sure chose a modest gun (ruger 9mm $300-400).

Why not a nice stainless 1911? Or a nice Sig P226 with a tritium sight?

I am a small woman so the ruger 9e is easy to shoot. I have severe carpal tunnel from years of typing in college and at desk jobs and gymnastics from when I was a child. I tried to shoot the 1911 but could not. Before settling on this gun I actually played with about 20 9mm weapons- including a glock, and this one was the easiest on my wrist. Also it is designed so the weight of the gun, when fully loaded is balanced so that the dots line up really easy- you don't even have to blink you can aim so easily.

The Ruger 9E does the job. It's the perfect home defense weapon. I'm not looking to splay bullets everywhere althoughh my husband has the machinery to turn semi automatics into automatics and we could really collect a nice illegal stash if we wanted. This gun holds 18 (I think) rounds that's plenty to pop off on a pack of nignogs. Also my aim is spot on.

I also did try the sig- in fact that was my husbands first choice- but the Ruger 9e is just fits my needs better.

>holding guns
>implying that in itself isn't a source of food

what is a small gunner woman doing on Veeky Forums during the crypto era?

I trade crypto at night. I like to come here and see what most people are saying about the market.... but 9/10 times I think they're 19 year olds who don't know much about investing, day trading, etc. I see so many bad decisions made here and I warn people and they just tell me to fuck off. I get much better responses on twitter, sadly. Been a Veeky Forums user for 10 years and love being able to speak anonymously.

>I see so many bad decisions made here and I warn people and they just tell me to fuck off
That's because it's an anonymous board, 'tard

Yeah you got me there.

It just bothers me how people don't get it. I've been warning about Eth for the last few weeks while everyone was hyping it up. Oh well not my money.

yeah, but twitter isn't so good either, most of people there are larpers making bad calls and promoting scams groups. What coins are you into? have you been shorting the past few days over the recent bearish trend?

I am holding SNT, I know it is Eth related, but I think it is going to go up quite a bit. I think the ico was purposefully screwed up to devalue the coin so they could raise it up later. I suspect a whale bought a lot of SNT atl and once they get their shit together Is going to profit a whole lot. I suspect there will be an app that works and is integrated with google play, android, or apple within 2 years. Also holding vtc, potcoin, and thc. Pot and thc are going to rise because a lot of marijuana growers, distributors, retailers, and paraphernalia makers/ retailers in states where it is legal strugggle to get bank accounts and credit cards processors don't want them. I worked at my old job with a couple of small businesses that sold paraphernalia and they struggled with this. They're starting to use these coins because fiat has rejected them- and who wants to hoards tons of physical cash? That's asking to be robbed. Vtc I think is complimentary to LTC and eventually BTC will join in and they will complement each other.

Other than that I have been holding LTC since it was at about $24 because it was evident what was going to happen to bitcoin, the problems it faces, and the necessary actions. LTC has that all sorted out already. I think there is going to be a spike, temporarily, in LTC as BTC and Eth go through their market corrections. When the tide starts to turn i will turn it back to BTC. I made a post about this the other day and got railed on.

I also zip in and out of certain coins. Usually coins that are 5 digits long (like .00012345) that have at least a 300 sat spread between the bid and the ask. You can make money really fast doing that. I do this on bittrex, because if you read their tos it is your responsibility to report bittrex trades to the irs, if you get what they mean. Last 10 days I have been playing XEL a lot, and some others, but XEL has been fantastic. Really easy to zip in and out of and very predictable.

>he hoards guns and food openly and doesn't think it will all be confiscated when boston bombing door to door style kickdowns begin in an actual shtf happening.

If you havent buried stashes around the city you are just donating to the first government group that strolls through.

>he thinks hes rambo.
Kids would be dead in a week.

>19 yos
Rude I'm 19, making money w cryptos and I deal with the same retards you do.

I took mine apart so its not technically a gun anymore. If things ever get bad enough to need it I will just put it back together again.

I bought a small revolver to hold me over in the meantime, the Ruger LCR. I like it a lot. Commiefornia is unlikely to ban 5-shot revolvers for a while.

I'll drink to that!

You can always unload or buy a cheap gun user. Act as a pawn shop. Lown out cash and take guns as the collateral. If they cant pay u back u get a cheap or free gun. Not sure on that legal aspect tho since i dont do it.

I know guys that vuy cheap guns and tag them with what theu spent. Then when anyone is looking for 1 they just price gouge or trade and always come ahead or sit on it for 19 uears.

>you can't eat metal.

Speak for yourself fuckboi!

You can get gold with guns

Not trying to meat-ride you too much but you sound like one bad bitch, your hubs is a lucky dude.

Thank you :) I think I'm luckier I have him than he has me. Love him to death.

>being a guncuck in 2017

Yeah, no

This guide will help you get armed on a budget.

You probably dont need a giant rifle. A simple and small pistol is portable and easy to handle, and will absolutely smoke any bastard trying to steal your tendies.

How do I find a woman who isn't afraid of guns and also tells me she wants the perfect one for her for nignog defense

Who the fuck is supposed to read that itty bitty text.

Sorry fucker I don't feel like going to get a magnifying glass to zoom in on that shit.

Open it in another tab

Oh shit, my bad. I didn't realize just how huge that image is.

I would but guns arent legal here and alphabay is down, gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for a solid alternative before I can buy some guns

middle click it you mong

like hold your mouse over it and push in on the wheel

I bet you are an arkie

>he doesn't hold ark

>>got some revenge but I have to leave this part out of my post due to potential legal ramifications.
m8 you're on Veeky Forums lmao just post it

>MFW my russian made ak has a higher return on investment because of the import ban than my crypto has

Guns can be a very good investment if you know what to buy. Even if you don't know what you're buying, if you buy something at fair value, it'll hold value even if it doesn't moon. Don't buy popular shit. Buy obscure shit and shit that flops. Go and like, fucking long R51s or some shit. In a few decades they'll be collectors items. It's the guns that are the rarest that end up typically being worth the most.

aside from the 6.5 Creedmoor size, it is hands down the best money can buy for non-rugerboltriflefags. Thats right, i just said ruger bolt rifles were for fags. suck my nuts fags

also not forgot:
bullets
spam (super good)
tank of clean water (for survive chemical atack)