What are some arguments against eugenics...

What are some arguments against eugenics? I feel as though the vast majority of people would turn their kids into chads or Stacys which would stagnant humanity to a degree.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fz8OkIPNhpw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Asians with tits
One of my fetishes. Post more.

Answer the question first.

Do you even know what eugenics is?

>Do you even know what eugenics is?
I have a vague idea it's using technological methods to alter and select the genes of your offspring. Is this wrong?

eugenics was more about creating specialized classes of workers, like miners that can live underground etc.

Yes, information such as this is freely available on the Interwebs, have you heard of a site called 'Google'?

probably outdated now that we have robots that can do the same thing.

That's genetic engineering. Eugenics is basically selection, like with dog breeding. Still, there are different kinds of eugenics, and some are widely used, e.g. women often abort pregnancies if they learn that the child will have serious defects.

Let me rephase the question here than as you can't delete threads. Only mods can.

What are some arguments against genetic engineering?

>What are some arguments against eugenics?

Regression to the mean makes it nigh useless.

Okay then.

>I feel as though the vast majority of people would turn their kids into chads or Stacys which would stagnant humanity to a degree.
Personally, I think this is a bullshit assumption. Why wouldn't they improve their children's intelligence as well if they can? One the other hand, what concerns me is that there will be many "perfect" people and very few unique ones.

>Regression to the mean makes it nigh useless.
How exactly?

Because the people in charge of the enterprise inevitably end up using bad data to make decisions, develop God complexes, or both.

Feelings, but it's okay to abort undesirable fetuses, because that's different

I think he means that if you can no longer continue to enforce it, within a couple generation you lose all your progress. You have to control who people are allowed to have kids with, which is an unethical position to most anyways.

>muh unique individual
>muh comparative greatness

>eugenics
>implying that human mate selection is random
>implying that people don't instinctively select the best mate available in the vast majority of cases

OP meant genetic engineering.

Some gay shit about ethics

Unironically, Rau le Creuset, a fictional character from Gundam Seed.

youtube.com/watch?v=fz8OkIPNhpw

I think the movie Gattaca confronts an interesting reality we'd probably face when it came to genetic engineering.

As soon as you started making genetically tailored people, the people who were not made that way (in Gattaca's case the choice of the parent, but it could also be due to povery/etc) will be strongly disadvantaged. It can reach a point where you would need proper genes to be eligible for certain opportunities as modified people completely shift the standard. Would these modified people be able to participate in athletic tournaments against normies? It raises a lot of issues, mostly between modified and unmodified groups and who the treatments are available to. Imagine a world where you have a legitimate provable standing to say you're genetically better than poor people, and what kind of fucked up political theories it could spawn.

Still, in terms of long-term human improvement I think it's a net positive. It sucks to be the guy who was born without the magical genetic cure to heart disease or alzheimers, but you shouldn't just let people get preventable diseases because you don't want to make someone feel bad.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY

Eugenics was about removing the disabled from the population, and because crime was seen as a mental illness then criminals would get sterilised so they wouldn't have shitty kids
There's nothing wrong with passive eugenics as long as you aren't killing cripples but just funding the superior

Informative, but the presentationis really patroniseing and obnoxious.

death of diversity and people will start to engineer humans for certain occupations.

It's Gong Li, a famous Chinese actress.