Veeky Forums I fucked up. I didn't back up my bittrex 2FA code and I lost my phone and now I can't access my account...

Veeky Forums I fucked up. I didn't back up my bittrex 2FA code and I lost my phone and now I can't access my account, am i /fucked/?

I have 20k sitting in there and yes OP is indeed retarded and a stupid faggot.

you are fucked m8

How do you even back up 2fa when you use google authenticator?

Holy shit I am terrified of this happening now

You're ok. Bittrex specifically says you can email them from the email you signed up with and they'll reset it.

kek 20k but no money for a hardware wallet uses exchange to store his coins.

OP you brought this upon yourself

don't worry user just contact bittrex, they'll help you.

You copy down the QR code or take a screenshot of the QR code.
Godamn are Veeky Forums full of idiots

Wut are you talking about? The code is constantly changing

Qr code doesnt show, it just says bittrex and the changing digits. I assume you can just email them as the other user mentioned.

The code behind that changing code doesn't change.
Don't fucking reply to me ever again you idiot.

no dude... when you set up the 2fact, you scan the QR code...that's the code you want.

Wait. Never mind im a retard, copy the code from bittrex to scan on your new phone. Got it.

user believe it or not it happens all the time. email bittrex theyll open a support ticket

lmao have fun waiting 7weeks fucking kek

Its friday man, im running slow today. To be honest i had never considered copying the QR code, ill do it when i get home from work and back that baby up.

No you're not fucked, you just need to contact help desk and proof your identity

you're a stupid kunt that deserves to lose your coins for losing your phone ....go kunt go kunt

Wtf are you supposed to do when you buy a new phone?

For fuck sake, please save the Bittrex 2FA secret key and use Authy instead of Google Authenticator

Why no google

Doesn't have recovery facilities, so if you like OP who didn't copy the auth key you are fucked with google

i can't remember setting it up, but with blizzard auth you set it up on multiple platforms

You use the auth keys you saved and punch them into the new device

Contact Customer Service you idiot.

USE AUTHY RETARDS. I WAS ABLE TO RECOVER MY 2FA CODES. SHITS CASH YO

hadn't done this and just went back through and did it for every account, thank you 2FA Jesus

cant u just backup your 2fa authenticator?

what a thread full of idiots

I did this too OP, watched my waves crash from 4.50