How didn't Brazil get small like other South American countries?

How didn't Brazil get small like other South American countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragamuffin_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation_of_the_Equator
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisplatine_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contestado_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Canudos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Americans
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Portugal moved its capital their for a while, making it a powerbase for the first time
That's kind of the reason, when the court moved back to portugal I believe they put a member of the royal family in brazil to rule it and obe day he said to the lisbon court that he'd become independent and he did, creating the Empire of Brazil

Was that good or bad?

What? Independence? Who am I to judge? All I can say is that the imperial era was apparently an era of economic growth and improvement.
Shit went south after.

Brazilians have lazy Portuguese and black genes, therefore they never do anything, whereas Hispanics have warlike and bloodthirsty Inca, Aztec and Conquistador genes, so they are always stirring shit.

A lot of Brazilians also have Amerindian genes.

Brazilian Indians were mere food for the sun god.

We were united, ruled by our Emperor. We also crushed all of the separatist movements. But the key factor was what mencioned. If we had become a republic as the other latin countries, we would probably have the same image as them now.

The republic was a mistake.

So why are your contries shit and Brazil have always been and still is nowadays the regional power?

Because Brazilians have their lazy bundas on top of a mountain of natural resources foreign corporations can explore in exchange of bribing the local politicians and creating some jobs and wealth as a side effect.

Brazil is tiny; just substract the amazon rainforest, which used to be worthless and unpopulable

So why despite having superior genes you guys are still worste than Brazil?

>that reading comprehension
Nowhere did I imply I was Hispanic or that Hispanic genes were "superior". I only said Brazilians are lazy and therefore nothing ever gets done in huezil. Hence why it never separated into smaller states.

Brazilians are Hispanic. Hispania = Iberian Peninsula.

I see now. But thinking that Brazil didnt separate beacause they were lazy is a clear sign of not knowing Brazil's story and what really happenned before and after its independence

I'm just shitposting. I don't know what really happened. Of course it's ludicrous to claim that.

Lel.
This is no /b/ my friendo, thought you were a /pol/tard.
But you really got me

Acshually Brazil had separatist movements both in the north and south but they failed.

lmao this fucking logic, stop talking about blood, talk about historical contexts. Incas weren't bloodthirsty despite what Disney or wherever you take your stereotypes from told you.

Portuguese and Spaniard blood are both hispanic too, so stfu.

Isn't more than half of Brazil uninhabited wilderness?

You should search about the historical figures of José Bonifácio and Duque de Caxias.

Both are the most important figures when talking about keeping Brazil from balkanizing.

Learn to read. Those are just some of the few separatist conflicts, and just after the independence of Brazil:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragamuffin_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation_of_the_Equator
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisplatine_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contestado_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Canudos

Because the Spanish Empire was North to South so the climates were pretty different. Splitting them up would be easier to manage. Brazil is pretty round and was just jungle or pampas.

In Brazil you can go from Hell on Earth to comfy snowy town.

What I wanna know is how come I don't hear much about Brazil even though it's a huge country with like 200,000,000 people? How come I have never seen any Brazilian immigrants in the U.S? I've actually never met a Brazilian in real life. Do they even exist? Brazil had millions more black slaves than we Americans did.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Americans

>371,529 0.11% of the US population in 2012

My city in South Florida has a ton of Brazilians. They're all over Broward County.

Portuguese are not Hispanic you illiterate ass

Too far away to hop the border, too poor to get a legal visa.

>There are an estimated 1.5 million Brazilians living abroad,[1] mainly in the U.S. (450,599),[7] Japan (~210,000), Paraguay (201,527), Portugal (~120.000), Spain (~120.000), Germany (~100.000), United Kingdom (100,000)[8] France (80,000), Italy (35,000), Switzerland (25,000), Angola (30,000), and another 100,000 are living in other European countries.

He is right though. Hispania was the name given by the Roman Empire to the Iberian Peninsula.

You don't hear much about Brazil because most people in G7 countries don't care about Brazil.
Same thing for Indonesia, 250 million people the vast majority of whom are Muslims, and almost never mentioned unless there's a terrorist attack.