Most Overrated Person in History?

Be Alexander the Great
>literally a filthy barbarian
>father conquers most of Greece
>father introduces phalanx
>father prepares conquest of Persia
>father dies
>Alexander takes father's tactics and conquers Persians who weren't much for strategy.
>Alexander wasn't much so a tactician himself, rather the generals who were already preparing for the invasion of Persia AND had experience in Thrace & Greece
>ie. Parmenion, Antipater
>numerous other great generals
>Alexander wasn't also very bright and logical like the Greeks
>extremely superstitious
>despite being exceptionally brave, Alexander's recklessness endangered himself and his army in battle
>Greece hates him
>Always sucking up to Athens as if the city is lover of his
>loses a lot of men fighting the frontiers of Persia where Cyrus died (somewhat more successful than Cyrus though)
>drags his army through the Gredrosian desert, losing countless men
>did not have to
>literally drinks himself to death not long after his boyfriend Hephaestion dies.
>at the end of his career, he was becoming a tyrannical cunt
>his death literally saved his image from being tarnished by his future career as a failed statesmen

Thoughts on overrated nerds in history?

Good Thread

That about sums it up, user.

Did we mention that he was a exceptionally cruel bastard from time to time?

I don't think you can be more overrated than Hitler between him being military genius and anti-christ of modern times.

I seriously have no idea why this site unironically worships the biggest failure ever. Literally killed more whites than anyone else ever.

But to be fair, Hitler doesn't have a glowing aura around him to society whereas Alexander is never shat on.

>Literally killed more whites than anyone else ever.
But that's EXACTLY why he's the most based person from the 20th century.

You got me

Damn, should've checked the catalog... Already Alexander BTFO thread

>Not being an Athensaboo

You are either the greatest or the worst their is absolutely no middle ground.

>You are either the greatest or the worst their is absolutely no middle ground.

Yeah, I mean you would think that Alexander just inherited an extremely competent council.

You would think that the scouting of the Persians, the previous encounters with the Persians, all the information gathered over the years, the techniques of preparation, the general vigilance through scouting the enemy, all of which stems from individuals and information that predates Alexanders birth...all of this was at his disposal.

I mean you would have to think that he didn't come up with the plan, as opposed to being presented with the information that "now" would be a good time to make a move.

Alexander was probably a tool for a broader council, that allowed him to be deitified (i dont think this is a word lol) but I mean he thought he was a son of the gods, the council probably used this to their advantage as a rumor to rally the people.....only he was obviously murdered by a group who apparently was done with him.

I wonder if Julius Caesar was a better general than he was...

Fwiw I don't know shit about Alexander outside of Oliver Stone lel

pls no bully

>filthy barbarian
>spoke Greek
U what mVII

MOST overrated? How about....

Said some shit, nobody knows for sure what he said and what was made up later. Got executed for it.

Paul develops a mystery cult out of it that makes him not only a god, but THE god.

Where is this from? Listverse? That place got really good recently or at least way more nonpartisan than Cracked. They even had articles like "Why Trump will be the best president" or "Why the suffragettes were real terrorists."

That's just how people were in those times.

While everyone concentrates on how he conquered land from Greece all the way to the Indus, in reality he only conquered like four "countries". Out of those four, Greece was already conquered by his father and he just finished it, Persia was conquered fair and square, the state of Pauravas was pretty much a shithole, and Taksashila was an even bigger shithole that went with him after a little willingly.

While Persia was large, he used existing infrastructure, and after the government collapsed he only had to fight regional satraps. While formidable, they weren't independent rulers for a reason. The conquests of Cyrus the Great and his successors who forged the empire from various disparate states were much more noteworthy.

your're mum

Theodore Roosevelt is the most overrated person in history.
>wow dude shooting guns and killing baby animals is like so cool
>haha yeah fuck thos spics and global peace
>What? You saying you don't love yellow stone and business regulations that are essentially null now? You fucking nazi!!1!1!

Teddy fags are literally the cancer that's killed America

They've also killed the rest of the world

>Non partisan
>Posts blatantly partisan examples
How do you lack this much self awareness

Because of course you won't escape politics but they publish articles from both sides unlike everybody else.

>7
That was an excellent way to solve the knot

Corporate oligarch detected

Ah, I see you watch John Green. Good goy, Alexander the Great sucks because calling a man "great" is sexist!

He wasn't great for his governance he was great for his military genius

Reported for garbage

alright buddy, it's gonna be alright
ask your mum to make you some tendies to help you calm down

Charlemagne is the same shit

His father and grandfather did all the dirty work, he took over already greatest power in the region, expanded it a bit further and now he gets all the fame. And the cultural reinessance was just inevitable in that situation and giving him the credit for it is retarded.