Best degrees for entrepreneurship

So first of all I realize of course that you don't need any degree at all to be an entrepreneur, however I feel that it could only be an advantage to have an education in whatever field you want to be an entrepreneur in. For example, if you want to start a software company, it might not be a bad idea to have done 4 years of CS in college. So with that in mind, which degrees will best equip you with the knowledge and critical thinking skills necessary to succeed in entrepreneurship (in your opinion)?

Personally I feel that physics, CS or electrical engineering might be the best choices. Physics for the unmatched problem-solving skills and general yet deep understanding of technology that you'll gain, CS for the logical way of thinking you'll develop and of course the practical applications of knowing how to program and finally EE just for the vast array of knowledge about electrical systems you'll gain that can be used in countless applications.

thoughts?

Business law and accounting. Being able to navigate contracts on your own and/or knowing how to do your own finances helps tremendously.

Honestly you're better off teaching yourself online and applying to pitch contest until you win money and can get accepted in an entrepreneurial accelerator.

CS is pretty useful since most startups these days are technology/software based

I atudy International Relations and I think it's pretty useful
includes economy and finances studies, political, law and history studies, and other social skills.
Also allows you to have a degree (in my country, don't know how it works everywhere yet) that let's you import and export goods, so you can work for others and gain money that can be invested, and eventually start your own business

or, if everything fails, you can get into diplomacy and get paid by your government/state to travel the world.

CS is a math junior degree that barely scratches the surface of programmng. Teach yourself.

What's your country?

I'm from Uruguay

I'd ride that

Good, I will be accepting crypto once I can get money to build the production build :)

As someone who owns and runs a startup I'd say without doubt that cs/software project management is the most useful.

Almost anything else can be outsourced, the people talking about law, accounting or international relations have no clue what they are on about.

your career is a 6month course of my career, well done

What is this? It looks like a PC bike hybrid.

Yeah OK I'm sure that you'd fit in at a tech company consider every single hire we have is either and has either masters in cs or is an engineer... I'm sure that you know exactly how to roll out a boosted CNN on a noisy abstract data set at scale.

You have a chance to learn useful skills that are harder to learn in the real world at University, don't waste on hobbies such as history or IR.

Don't waste it on*

Business Law is probably the most helpful
Software management can't be outsourced? Don't be so myopic

That's not really the point, anything can be outsourced, the question is what key competencies do you need in the first iteration of your business.

If it's a startup the answer is deep technical and industry knowledge. Sure you can start a business as a lawyer or someone a humanities degree but that's not something that is going to get you far or tech you things that are not easy to learn on the fly.

this

It's GNU/Bike

Outsourcing low level code monkey shit is generally not worth it unless you really need dirt cheap code and you don't care about quality. Outsourcing management would be a nightmare.

Nice, what are the specs for the computer hardware? Can't tell if its housing a bunch of vidya cards or hdds.

Nissan leaf batteries and a programmable controller haha.

What functions can it perform?

If you wrote a trading bot for it that connected to you accts off a tethered connection it would be the sickest ride on earth.