Mixed race peoples question/discussion thread

Is it we wuzzing to take pride in your ancestors' achievements if you are of mixed descent? If not, where is the line drawn? At 1%, 0.5%, 0.00005%??

For example, I'm half Persian half Slav/Northern European. I feel strange taking pride in the achievements of my ancestors on both sides, or even just assimilating into one of the cultures today, as I'm not fully one or the other.

This seems sort of like a /pol/ thread (besides uh, you know, the mixed dude making the thread) so to make it Veeky Forums related I had a backup question. How were mixed race people treated in the past? Speaking about Europe/Middle East, I already know about all the Spanish new world system with all the fractions and stuff.

Last thing: tell me stories about the achievements of the Persian Empire/Persians in general before Islamic conquest. Always wanted to learn more about that side, plus I need ammo against my /pol/tard friends in real life.

Thx guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations-next-gen/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_people
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PS: The one thing I am not proud of at all and I wish for people to never find out about is my Prussian heritage.

Daily Reminder: youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

>How were mixed race people treated in the past? Speaking about Europe/Middle East

They wuz Roman emperors n shit.

Pic related, half Italian half Punic
Septimus Severus

You have no heritage and if you are the shitskin kind of '''''persian''''' doubly you have none. You're the rootless individual who will belong to no tribe, you were unlucky not be some kind of mass-offspring between different races, like those mestizos or the Anglo-Indians. At least they had a community of other mudbloods of the same type to assimilate into.

>if you are of mixed descent

Everyone is of mixed descent.

>woah, a fucking white person the offspring of two white ethnicities

really activates my almonds

>Punics
>White

>half Persian half Slav/Northern European
Basically, you're Scythian

But Slavs and Pashtuns are the same people, you're not really mixed.

You know that the "shitskinned" Persians are genetically the same as the light skinned Persians, right?

No they're Arabs

>or the Anglo-Indians.
The Anglo-Indian community was actually pretty tiny.

> At least they had a community of other mudbloods of the same type to assimilate into.
Even then they moved back into Britain where they married the natives and anglo'd back into looking white.

>Haplogroups

When will this meme end? Compare their autosomal DNA instead pleb

Light-skinned Afghans are indistinguishable from Slavs.

>Be Sardinian
>Look indistinguishable from other Southern Europeans
>Have completely different DNA
What did they meme by this?

Slavs themselves look widely distinct.

>You have no heritage if you have two heritages!
>Real Persians were blonde haired and blue eyed, I swear! The few thousand Arabs who conquered Persia altered the genetic makeup of a population of millions beyond recognition!!
Thank you for activating my almonds, kind sir.
I mean significantly like 50/50, 75/25. I mentioned something about not knowing where the line should be drawn in the OP.

There are people who are mixed and you can't even tell. They will get into your ""tribe"" and you can't do anything about it.

Iranians are 56% Arab, which isn't surprising considering they're Middle Eastern:

genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations-next-gen/

Pashtun people genetically cluster to other Persians while Slavs cluster to Slavs. Not the same thing.

wtf. Have you ever met a Slav?

lol

>/pol/

>Have you ever met a Slav?
I have. Your point?

Purest curly-haired, hook-nosed, dark-haired, brown-skinned white.

She doesn't look Slav at all Her features are more Armenian/Middle Eastern.

She'd fit in America where everyone's a mixed mongrel but I can easily see she's not Slavic.

>curly-haired, hook-nosed, dark-haired, brown-skinned white.
The greatest race. Confirmed for btfoing everyone and advancing humanity more than anyone else.

>She'd fit in America
Have you ever seen an American?

Basically I look like this dude I found on google images, maybe a little darker skinned and younger. Tajik if curious. Also forgot to add I'm not fully Polish/Prussian, there is also some Lithuanian and Russian in there as well as Irish. Basically just a fuckton of random European ethnicities.

Looks don't matter though, and this haplogroup stuff interests me. Continue if you so please.

dammit I always forget

I think you have never seen a Slav.

>Her features are more Armenian/Middle Eastern.
Literally the least represented Group in America.

>it's another "/pol/ thinks they're expert biologists when they have zero education in it, look down on people who do, and can't even fathom the idea of variable phenotypes within even a genetically homogenous population" episode

>implying Americans can differentiate ethnicities
I'm not looking down on her or anything, but she doesn't have European features. Caucasian yeah but not Euro.

I'm partially Slavic myself. Her facial features are a bit too flat.

I hate this meme map because it doesn't account for population density at all. LA county alone has more people than like 5 of those "German" states combined.

>this haplogroup stuff interests me. Continue if you so please

Napoleon was African according haplomemes

>Napoleon Bonaparte belonged to haplogroup E1b1b1c1* (E-M34*). This haplogroup has its highest concentration in Ethiopia and in the Near East (Jordan).

Also it under represents Americans of British Isles descent. All those people of "American" ethnicity are probably some mix of English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh. A fair number of the "Irish" are also probably mostly Scottish or English who label themselves as Irish because it sounds more unique.

>facial features too flat
you mean like this guy?

I should have posted the 2010 Map. Regardless, it doesn't matter the population density of Idaho vs LA. People from LA don't to out in mass droves to Idaho and people from Idaho don't go out in mass droves to LA.

Also my point is, Americans (and i've lived here for 21 years) don't look like Middle Easterners, Armenians because they are of mixed European ethnic stock. That doesn't even make sense. Also keep in mind the Average White American has 98.6 percent European DNA, not like the Blacks here who have 20% European DNA.

Also it doesn't account for various mixes

>A guy is German + English + Irish + Ukrainian + Italian + Hungarian
>writes "German" on the census
This is typical in the midwest especially. My family has a German surname but we also have Irish and Croatian ancestry.

That woman doesn't look Armenian at all, though. Armenians look like this.

The 2010 map has people identifying as British. As for the self-described Americans, they've achieved ethno-genesis and just Americans.

>you were unlucky not be some kind of mass-offspring between different races

Lucky OP that mixes between middle easterners and europeans are the future

>she doesn't have European features. Caucasian yeah but not Euro.
also what? euros are caucasian and most white americans are related to western euro populations, who are in turn related to each other(within nationalities, like germans ,french, british, etc.) to say that euros have a distinctive look is a bit ridiculous considering that the two populations have never really diverged.

Putin doesn't actually look very Slavic, he looks mixed with something else, probably with Finns.

t. West Slav

Weren't Russians KHAN'd and Pashtuns TURK'd and then KHAN'd for centuries? It explains why they both have flatter faces than normal so I guess you're right.

Either way, light-skinned Afghan's aren't complete good representative of the Pashtun people.

>euros are caucasian and most white americans are related to western euro populations,
You can be Caucasian without being European. 'Caucasian' as in the normal definition and not the American meme tier one.

OP. I just would like to point out that this board moves at the PERFECT speed.

Elaborate? I don't think I'd count as that since my parents met in USA, so even if I'm similar to them racially still not part of the ethnicity.

Turkey was supposedly TURK'D and had a documented migration wave larger than most others. Yet ethnic Turks are on average less than 6% Central Asian. North Italy was supposedly GERMANIC'D for hundreds of years, to the point where one of its states was named after the Lombards (people who migrated from Scandanavia), yet the genetic cluster associated with north Germanic people peaks at 11% in the farthest reaches of northeeastern Italy and 5-6% elsewhere. This meme really needs to die.

yes but you can't be european without being caucasian. or caucasoid, i should rather say. either way im not sure of the dubious claim that euros have some sort of distinct facial morphology compared to their highly related american counterparts

>For example, I'm half Persian half Slav/Northern European. I feel strange taking pride in the achievements of my ancestors on both sides, or even just assimilating into one of the cultures today, as I'm not fully one or the other.
It's fine too. Just don't go full Elliot Rodger and glorify one and shit on the other.

>How were mixed race people treated in the past? Speaking about Europe/Middle East, I already know about all the Spanish new world system with all the fractions and stuff.
Much, much worse than you and yet some still prospered despite the odds.

>Last thing: tell me stories about the achievements of the Persian Empire/Persians in general before Islamic conquest. Always wanted to learn more about that side,
First cradle of civilization along with China and India
First civ to create a universal deceleration of human rights
You were kicking Greek ass and taking all their territories before Alexander arrived
Here's a good quote that summarizes what I'm trying to say
>"In Persia first arises that light which shines itself and illuminates what is around...The principle of development begins with the history of Persia; this constitutes, therefore, the beginning of history."

>plus I need ammo against my /pol/tard friends in real life.
Why do you even have /pol/tard friends? J-jon Tron?

>Much, much worse than you and yet some still prospered despite the odds.
Elaborate on this
>Why do you even have /pol/tard friends?
Uh, I introduced to Veeky Forums and it backfired somewhat. Plus we're southerners.

>Persia
>First cradle of civilization

>Elaborate on this
Back then, a lot of the times you would have been thought as of a different species if you were mixed race. You would have been barred from high position jobs a lot of the times among other things.

>Uh, I introduced to Veeky Forums and it backfired somewhat. Plus we're southerners.
That's your fault then.

>what is mespotomia

>Persia is Mesopotamian
Amerilard education

>That's your fault then.
Yes, I never claimed it wasn't. Hell I'd trade them being slightly racist to me (they're still partially in the /pol/ is satire phase) for the memes we share.

Thanks for the info.

I'd ditch them. They're only going to be more racist as you go along until you'll ""be one of the few good ones""/

But do you senpai

Yeah, I'm slowly drifting away

They're nice for the most part but these things escalate quickly. I've just gotta hope their art teachers don't fail them.

> Persian
> Slav
> Mixed race
But they are both white????

>Persian
>White
I assure you that I am not white. Under US law, yes, which sucks as I'm exempt from affirmative action, but no I'm not white.

Then you are not Persian but most likely another ethnic group likely Pashto or something from that area

Pashto is a language

*Pashtun

I'm half Tajik half European, as I've already stated. Read the thread. Persians aren't white.

Tajiks are Central Asians (Turkics) that speak Persian they are not Persians themselves

Another Persian shilling about being white jesus christ what is it with you people.

Pashtuns are a million times whiter than anything in Iran

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_people
>In contemporary terminology, people of Persian heritage native to present-dayAfghanistanandTajikistanare referred to asTajiks.[20]However, it is to be noted that the termsTajikandPersianwere historically synonyms that were used interchangeably,[21]and many of the most influential Persian figures hailed from outside of Iran's present-day borders to the northeast inCentral Asia andAfghanistan.
Fuck off.
It's not us, it's him.

>phoneshitter
Why are normies even ALLOWED to post here?

I just got up from my laptop to eat dinner

>I'm half Tajik
Why don't Tajiks identity with their own country. Literally all of the ones ive met say they're Afghan or Iranian/Persian like OP. I know they had the same heritage once but so do us and Brits (burger here) and I'd die before I call myself English.

Not b8ing. Srs question desu.

I'd rather have them say they're Tajik than Afghan. Afghan is a synonym of Pashtun.

t. Pashtuon

>their own country
Dude, that shitty country only became a thing in the 90s and there are more Tajiks living in Afghanistan than Tajikistan. I am half Afghan (halfghan if you will), I'm not going to identify with some random former soviet country that just has the same name as my ethnicity.

I don't know much about Tajikistan's culture but it is probably different from Afghanistan's.

>Is it we wuzzing to take pride in your ancestors' achievements if you are of mixed descent?

Putting aside the fact that fucking everyone is mixed descent, and can trace their ancestry to many different cultures that were contemporary, taking pride in your ancestors' achievements in the first place is Idiotic.

Why would you ever take pride in your ancestors' achievements? You aren't them, and they aren't you("hurp durp muh DNA" is not true, there have been numerous mutations and crossing over of DNA over the generations, and your DNA is still unique to you, whatever it's sources). They never knew you, and probably never knew anyone that ever knew you. You had absolutely zero influence in the lives of your ancestors.

The 'pride' you seek of is nothing but ancestor worship. You use the achievements of your ancestors as an ego boost. Might as well take pride in the fact that your ancestor crawled out of the sea on to land.

pic unrelated

Taking pride in something which you had no part in is ludicrous.

Semitic people are part of the Caucasoid racial sub type so...

>Iranians are 56% Arab
No they aren't. There is literally zero proof of this, here's the obligatory (You) though.

You are a moron.

>I assure you that I am not white.
If that's how *you* want to define yourself, then be that way. I know plenty of Iranians who look and can pass as white and identify as such.

It is wewuzzing to take pride in anything you aren't directly or indirectly responsible of.

Tbh blood quantum is dumb, but I can say too that I have an affectionate connection to my Malagasy roots I spite of the very old connection to them.

But it goes back to a woman whose mother was of Malagasy, West African and Native American descent from the plantations of Virginia my own father knew. It made me realize while the words were lost there was a direct connection to my past that most black Americans don't have and I only have because this great-great grandmother of mine lived to be 99 and her mother until 102.

I think of my heritage, honestly a small bit over all as one that ties one Diaspora to another and interweaves this Atlantic Creole identity to an Indo-Pacific Creoleness that I am glad to say I am the result of.

But individual acts, the works of kings and other things I can care less about. I focus on the folkways and lifeways that influenced say the formation of nations and economies. The Intellectual and knowledge bound labour of everyday peoples.

>genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations-next-gen/
You are retarded. This isn't even based on factual evidence of current genetic admixtures at all but rather the extremely limited sample size of volunteers they have and its further skewed by comparisons that don't specifically go into autosomal DNA at all.

Might as well start listing sources from /pol/ because that's the only other way you'll find "evidence" with even less credibility then the one your trying to pass off with this.

No latinos are native

That's pretty cool user.