How does it look in general, in AUS btw

Other urls found in this thread:

hongkiat.com/blog/editable-resume-template/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>education first
>it's just a bachelors
>in progress
wait what

i guess it's fine for your field, but i'm not connecting the dots for why you have all those miscellaneous tasks. unless it's an entry level role you want to be focused in your resume and be specific about the impact you made rather than just the routine responsibilities you had. you'd do list of responsibilities if it was highly skilled work. the first thing you have written down is that you "handled scheduling" and took phone calls. who are you trying to get to hire you, somebody's slow grandpa?

you wrote "directed an 10 person team" please don't do this.

2 page resume from a kid in still in school with a social science degree who needs to write about his experience as a sandblaster? am i getting trolled?

1. Too much blank space right in the middle of the first page.
2, Agree with previous post on highlighting the impact you made.
3.No one cares about your interests get rid of them.

I have bonded with interviewers over my interests, like playing guitar and music theory. I think he mainly needs to condense his work experience.

I've mentiond how I have impected on the company such as "maximizing the storage" , what would be a better way to word it?

Ive switched to social work this semester btw, I enrolled this morning, social science is the shitter version of social work and less beneficial so it will be changed
BTW sand blasting as one of my jobs when I was about 20

is a "career objective" NECESSARY ???

chick at the uni told me to put it on :/

why dont you edit all the personal info with pretend names?

Increased inventory turnover by X% or Implemented process changes to cut average pick time by X

Way too long, people in H.R. receive dozens of resumes everyday. They want concise and simple. 4 bullet points under each job max, if you are trying to be a social worker, sandblasting has nothing to do with that at all.

Gotta agree with other user putting interests on resume is kinda lame. Think some HR bitch is going to give a shit that you are a gamer?

I'm being honest, it's terrible.

First of all you need a picture of yourself.

Second of all it's like everyone else's fucking resume

This is what your resume should look like. It should be in a template like this. I forget the website that has them for free... let me look around if I can see it.

hongkiat.com/blog/editable-resume-template/

This place seems like it has some good ones. Find one you like. The only point of your resume is to get an interview. All the heavy lifting is done in the interview.

Are you in America or some shit because I've useto interview people when I was shif supervisor and I've never seen a resume like that

Also you should be tailoring your resume for each place you send it out to, there's no reason to send it out more than 3-4 times if it's good. You should get an interview everytime, and if you know how to interview , you should get a job offer everytime

You definitely do not need a picture of yourself, keeping that on linkedin is fine. And the resume you posted is pretty tacky. 1/6th of the page just to give yourself 5 stars in every category? I'd rather see a list of web dev libraries, tools, and languages that you use.

Yeah, I'm in America... Let me do some editing on my resume and post it, I'm an entrepreneur and runnning my business so I don't need one, but I always keep one handy just in case a juciy 100k-200k job drops on my doorstep

That's not my resume numb nuts, just an idea of what he should be doing.

t. Hire people for a living as a business owner
t. Best friend is high up in HR for IBM
t. Last 3 times I submitted my resume I got interviews and job offers but not enough $$ for me to give up my lifestyle plus I hate having bosses

How much fkn mony do people need. I would be happy with my shitty 55k inventory job

Does anyone know and free ebooks or mentoring you tube bids etc to up my knowledge?

Don't have more than one page, don't put your credentials about HS (unless this is some requirement of the job in which case, i guess you have to. Whittle down the "Work & Leadership experience" section to the latest 2-4 jobs, and cut out bullet points so no job has more than 4. Also I think the Career Objective could do without 90% of the first sentence talking about you. Just include what you want out of this new job.

Yeah , Dan Pena, read his books, watch every youtube video, soak the attitude in

obvious troll is obv

that is called a cover letter

do you have a condom in case Ariana Grande is begging for your cock?

What bullet points should be cut out?

Ok ill have a read

Those resumes on the website you posted or pretty unique, but I get what you mean they sell yourself, would'nt an employer look at that and think "what a douche" with the shitty experience I have?

It's not about how much money you need but understanding your market value for the skills you have and the work you can do.

If you're able to land multi-million dollar software or hardware sales deal, you should be paid for that (juicy commissions too)
If you're able to manage and lead 20 people doing sales deals that's a valuable skill.
If you're able to identify inefficiencies in current businesses that save them millions of dollars a year, well you just saved a company millions, what does that make you worth?

There's an old story of John Rockefeller, who was arguable the best American business man to ever live. He would go around constantly through his oil refineries looking for any kind of improvement to make. He noticed they were using 40 drops of solder to seal the oil drums, when he asked the engineer why they used 40 drops of solder, the engineer didn't have a good answer. He told them to start using 38 drops. Well some of the drums started leaking, so they then tried using just 39 drops per oil drum. No more leaks. They saved a single drop of solder on each oil drum, but when that was extrapolated over 40 years it saved him 10s of millions of dollars.

No absolutely not, if you do it right they will think "Wow this person is not like everyone else we should atleast give him an interview"

Like I said, the only point of your resume is to get an interview, that is where the heavy lifting is done.

Obvious broke fuck wagecuck is obvious

>has career goals or introduction
>Starts with education
>Bunch of random unrelated jobs, some with barely any info others are like a damn book.
>Unnecessary bull shit like photos, date of birth, various like stars or quotes, irrelevant awards, section titles because employer is to retarded to see difference between education and work history.
>Unique resume style or design.

In the trash it goes!

1. Put your name on top, make it 14p font.
2. Put your contact info under that. 10p font.
3. Skip a line.
4. Put your current or most recent job title - company name on the left and then indent location and begin/end dates to the right of the page. Hit enter, put bulletin points for the shit you do in your job. Better yet, find the original or similar listing and copy and paste it. Condense it. Done.
5. Repeat #4 bunch of times.
6. Skip a line.
7. Add one, ONE line for each degree or cert you have.
8. Skip a line.
9. Add a section for skills. THIS IS FUCKING IMPORTANT. Add keywords for the job your applying to. They want an office assistant who is great at Excel, fax machines, and answering phones? Literally just add that like this: Proficiencies: Excel, fax machines, rolling calls, answering phones, etc...

Why is number nine so important? If you're applying to a company with it's own HR or uses a job board like taleo, they will use software to auto filter your piece of shit resume to the trashcan. It filters the dates so if they ask for 3 years of experience, they will only see that. It filters key words so if they need someone who can use a fax machine, as said in the job listing, they will only see resumes with that key word on there.

Most important employers are looking for someone who can start day one and do the fucking job. They're not a charity, they probably won't train you until your already hired and they then have to train you.

This shit works. Listen to me. I easily get 20+ interviews in a month, some twice in a day.

can I get a template of this?

durr put a picture on your resume, not even most autistic tard would think that is a good idea. Are you even old enough to work?

Sure, here's someone's resume I edited. Theirs was for the entertainment industry.

IN AUSTRALIA

ok so education down the botton?

Who else agrees?

Agree unless you are right out of college and your degree is your best marketable accomplishment. Your most relevant and marketable experience should be the first thing.

What about for poorfag 22 year old who has only worked retail? i have a bachelors in finance but i dont even have it on my resume. In miami and i cant find a fucking job in my MAJOR.

This. Most important thing in the real world is experience, most jobs require a degree just to weed out morons. Always lead with what's most impressive.

While you were in college why didn't you get an internship or entry level job in Finance? Sounds like you fucked yourself. Now you have to battle 2nd year college students for finance internships, while you already have a degree.

Remove your career objective. Combine the trade assistant and inventory controller jobs with the other two positions you have on there. Condense some of your job responsibilities. It's more important that you qualify/quantify what you did at your job rather than just listing what inane shit you did. HR or whoever's reading your resume needs to be able to grab the bulk of whatever is on your resume in 10 seconds or less. If you yourself can't do that, don't expect anyone else to.