Sword

>sword
>useless weapon that can't even slice through leather armour and is completely worthless against mounted opponents

>spear
>can easily pierce even the strongest of armours and brings down horsemen with ease

spears are patrician and swords are for plebs

Swords seem more versatile, you can slash and stab.

don't know shit about weapons so prove me wrong

>pistol
>useless weapon that isn't even accurate past 50 meters

>rifle
>can easily hit targets 300 m away

This is how retarded you sound.

>implying pistols are ever actually used in combat
No, it is you who is the retard

but they are used in majority of self defense shootings.

its like a sports car vs an offroad truck.

you cant take the sports car into the woods and you cant drive as fast or handle well in an offroad truck.

hope this simple metaphore gets thru that numbskull of yours.

Pistols we're used heavily for a period, especially during the golden age of sail in the carriibbean as a versatile support weapon that could be used in close combat

Can fucktards like you only see things in black and white?

That was my point, swords are self defense back up weapons.

Swedes used them quite a lot for their shock cavalry

Depends on the type of sword user, and what kind of fighting you're doing. Fighting dudes on horseback means a spear is hella useful because you can reach up and poke the fuckers, but in a one-on-one engagement it could go either way. If you're a Greek Hoplite you're rocking both because one you lock your shield with the enemy asshats your spear becomes too much of an encumberance with all those bodies pressing up against you.

As for types, long swords are, well, long so you get the reach, and great swords are massive SOBs that can cut through shit or just crush 'em outright. Spears are also succeptible to breaking shafts, snapping when shoved into a shield or cut by some jackass who dodged your thrusts. They're also not worth a damn once you get in licking distance with the bad guy.

sure ill just fucking holster my spear and walk around all day. I hope my attacker is standing 8 feet away from me.

>Rondel
>Can pry apart plates and punch through mail or leather with proper application of force

>Sword
>Is a rondel with 3 feet of handle for insane leverage
>Can parry and strike from nearly the same distance as a spear
>Comes with a built in hammer for fucking niggas up
>And if you want to end him rightly, unscrew the pommel and throw it at him

A spear is a weapon, a sword is a side-arm. The guy with a sword will ALSO have a spear.

>grenade
>useless explosive that can barely kill one man

>tsar bomba
>can turn entire city to ash in seconds killing millions

How can grenadeshitters even compete?

Nice try Lancer

Homo

*blocks your path*

>easily
No.

What is trench raiding

If I remember correctly the first US death in Afghanistan was a CIA agent who killed 19 Taliban with a pistol

What was he like

Pistols were used a lot by cavalry. Horsemen would ride up to pikemen and fire pistols and then retreat. Kinda doing the whole lancer Schick, but with pistols instead of lances.