Is putting your IQ on your resume a smart idea?

Is putting your IQ on your resume a smart idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/05/060504082306.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

of course not you sperg

Definitely, when recruiters see your IQ is higher than average, they will hire you over any other candidate. It's just how the world works.

I know I definitely wouldn't hire someone who didn't put their IQ on their resume.

Elaborate, brainlet. IQ is the best measure of competence and intellectual capacity.

If you don't want to be employed, then yes.

>I have an IQ of 120
>I finished highschool with C's and work at McDonald's

Just put down what you have achieved, if there is any truth in then your achievements will showcase your IQ without you writing it like a sperg.

If you want to be that guy

IQ tests are pseudoscience.

Instead talk more about being able to problem solve on your own; that's all companies are looking for. Stress this aspect the most, and how it will benefit the company youre applying to.

Do you honestly think an employer gives a quarter shit about how well you score on a test?
They want to see that you can do the shit they're gonna pay you to do.
That should be evidenced from experience and achievements you SHOULD put on your resume, and impressive achievements should be relatively easy if you're not just a garden variety retard

If you have to ask the question then your is isn't high enough to impress anyone anyway.
Buy TransferCoin.

how exactly are IQ tests pseudoscience? exceptionally smart people consistently get genius level results. Average people consistently get average results.

If it were a pseudoscience you'd have the results all over the place

Richard Feynman supposedly had an IQ of only 125 yet he is one of the greatest physicists to have lived.

So then what IQ do you need to have to go down as a great intellectual?

125 IQ is a really good score, also intelligence isn't everything you need to be hard-working, perhaps lucky, too.

I knew one guy who did. His IQ was in the 160s. He was bragging on his CV how he was in the top percentile and how he was in MENSA and shit.

This, I get 135's on the free iq tests which probably puts me about 120 with this guy, I got expelled from high school and quit community college with two classes to go for a degree, and I'm a custodian.

I'm a good worker, pleasant to work with, and I rolled about a 7 on luck. There's more to success. It has to do with personal drive. I'm perfectly content in a brainlet job with my brainlet coworkers because I value free time and comfiness over whatever it is rich people want. Since I was a kid, I wanted free time to think about stuff and play legos and shit, read, whatever, just as long as I wasn't held to a schedule or deadline. Then came the magical weed. Oh I have to get a job? Alright, which ones don't drug test? And here we are today.

I doubt anyone can answer this question quantitatively. 125 is a good score compared to the average but is relatively low compared to people typically at the forefront of research (especially in the area of QED).

I suspect the days of being able to come up with a new idea that completely revolutionizes science is over and from here on out new discoveries will be achieved via collaboration. But for people like Richard Feynman, Einstein, Faraday etc., they were able to achieve what they did largely due to their creativity. It's like a musician. To become a successful musician (at least in the general, classical case) one must first master the theory and technique of music, and from that point on it's a creative process. The same is true in science. Clearly you need to have some underlying ability/interest to master and understand the current standard model but how well does an IQ test quantify creativity? Sorry I rambled on a bit I guess...

Never put your IQ. You'll immediately be flagged as a douche. At most if you're really high IQ you could put down that you're a Mensa member or something.

seeing their post on Veeky Forums doesnt count as "knowing" someone

That's cool man do what you want. But don't even second glance free online IQ tests, if you want an accurate representation you need to pay for one and set a few hours aside. Really good ones also test how your motor skills, and mechanical intuitions pair up to the rest of the world and they cost money because a lot of money has gone into them to be developed and maintained. I did the morrisby test which was actually pretty fun and was legit stuff

I wonder if they take bitcoin. :^)

I used to work at one of those IQ testing companies that faggot employers use before hiring, I cheated on my IQ test with a friend and my faggot employers thought i was a genius because we nearly aced the stupid test (I checked my results after they hired me)

they tend to laugh at retards who try too hard on their resume and toss it in the bin desu

You can probably mention Mensa membership, but it can make them think you're buffon. Mention it only if it's relevant for the job.

Got 116 on a real clinical iq test but wasnt even trying much which got noted down by the doc. Feeling smart enough to look down on the plebs but thankfully not having fullblown autism fedora tipping iq.

I'm involved in hiring at my company and look at resumes all the time, if somebody put their IQ on a resume I'd instantly throw it in the trash and assume they are a narcissistic fedora tipping douchebag

Only if > 140 and if you have some impressive degrees.

>I suspect the days of being able to come up with a new idea that completely revolutionizes science is over and from here on out new discoveries will be achieved via collaboration.

No, there's still shit ton of fields in physics and astrophysics that are virtually unknown or unexplored. Dark matter, dark energy, physics inside black holes, unifying quantum mechanis and regular mechanics, stuff like that.
IQ and being a successful sciencists both boils down for the most part to pattern recognision.

I had my IQ tested when I was 5 from a psychologist.
138 IQ,but I didn't even complete high school

This
An "serious" IQ test takes several months to prepare and calibrate, and it involves a full team of well trained psychologists. Most people tested for IQ are just baited into cheap 1 hours internet quizz level tests.
>"Good job user! Your IQ is 132!"
The simple fact you don't know what's behind theses kind of tests disqualify you for being part of intelligent people.
Anyway only Americans are meme'd by IQ tests pseudoscience

That's normal, IQ drops dramatically with age, 138 at 5 is average. 138 when adult is very gifted.

I don't think that is accurate...

sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/05/060504082306.htm

I thought I was special,I guess I'll cry myself to sleep tonight

Ask any well respected psychologist and they will tell you a high IQ is a handicap.

In a business, EQ and social skills are infinitely more important.

No HR-manager cares about IQ and if they want to know how smart you are, they will ask you questions and let you take assessment tests

only if you plan to take a career in fastfood or logistics. employers may be reassured you're going to stay and be easy to push around.

I'd only consider it if you'd done something with it, like e.g. putting you're a member of mensa on there at the end, which you need an IQ of 148 to join

Interesting read, thanks. I tested 134 when I was 16 but feel like I peaked that year and I've been getting increasingly dumb since. I'm a lot worse at quick maths in my head now, and I went from best GCSE's in my county effortlessly to struggling like fuck at uni

No one is special user, the faster you come to terms with it, the better you'll feel for the rest of your life.
If you want to be special you need to work for it, become special.

So basically what this is telling me, is that IQ-test are garbage at testing actual intelligence. Go figure

yeah, it's low, but it's still high if you get me. It's not a wonder how Feymann managed to achieve what he did.

And as for what you said about to be a successful musician you have to master the theory? I kek'd, you are clueless in this. I don't wanna come across as a douche but I am very musically talented and I have only really dabbled in theory after already being able to play. Technique sure, but that's also picked up while you play and is only crucial when you're trying a specific sound e.g doubles on the drums, or harmonica note bends.

also technique of "music" doesn't really make sense, there are techniques to certain instrument but not to music itself. As for theory, if you want to play drums taking classes in music theory won't really help at all.

You can literally just pick up instruments by winging it and throwing yourself into them, that's how I learnt guitar, drums, harmonica, and beatboxing. I did get lessons for piano firstly, but I only got really good years after I quit lessons and just played what I wanted.

And desu doing so I think helps foster your own style, there was this drummer in my school who was very "by the book" and played the scores exactly as written. So He got really good at sight reading but lacked his own unique style, I guess that was his style, but it was uninteresting.

Yes, if you're applying for the position of Chief Executive Autismo

>ability to reason overall = ability in a specific field
Poster confirmed for sub 110 IQ.

So I'd have to disagree with (you) there music is a creative process and then it is technique and theory.

Why this way? because I know in my head what sound would be good to make next, but to able to make the sound I need to have the technique to do it. However I guess you could say the knowing what sound to make next is an internal grasp of "theory" but mastering this is probably different to mastering an academic theory because it's more of a "feel" kind of thing.

>how well does an IQ test quantify creativity?
It's hard to say because I think there are different ways of being creative. Intelligence is very hard to define but I think IQ tests have done 70-80% of the defining. Creativity is definitely a big factor, but it can't be so easily determined because it relies on originality and IQ tests have clear-cut answers. But it does require imagination to deduct verbal reasoning and non verbal reasoning, but it is limited in assessing the subjects intellectual creativity because of the set answers

Such cringe.

If you've got a high IQ, you should be smart enough to figure this out, if you've got a low IQ, it probably isn't wise to put it on your resume anyway.

favourite piece?

I have an IQ of 152, tested by a psychologist. It makes me smart enough to know that IQ doesn't really mean anything.

All time favourite is Liebestraum. Atm it's dance of the sygnets.

yeah well I got an IQ score of 360, which makes me smart enough to know it does.

What do you mean it doesn't mean anything? existentially I guess not, but as an indicator if someone is smart/gifted or not, it does a pretty good job

Why didn't you add your dick size and no-fap record too?

Holy shit, you retards are worse than I taught.

Only if the job description requires an IQ in a certain range. Otherwise, not.

if you have to ask, yours isn't high enough to put on there

lol, no

the best you can so is to say you are transgender, or transracial

If you look at other people's resumes on sites like Indeed, none of them list IQ's. Doing something atypical will only make you look weird and out of touch.

IQ is actually a good way to predict if you can do anything.

This is a guaranteed way to get your CV tossed in the garbage. IQ, like money, is something one has, not something one discusses.