When I was still new to the royal palace, I looked out the window and saw a guard standing in the middle of a courtyard...

>When I was still new to the royal palace, I looked out the window and saw a guard standing in the middle of a courtyard, nothing to protect. Nothing to guard. No doors. I couldn't figure out what he was guarding. And so I asked around, no one knew. Not even the emperor. Finally they searched through the old records and found the truth: that 200 years before, as winter came to an end, the emperor's daughter saw the first flower growing up through the snow. To keep anyone from walking on it she assigned a guard to stand watch over it, everyday. After that she never gave it much thought, and thus never countermanded the order. As a result, every day, for 200 years, a guard would stand in that place, long after the flower was gone. Long after the reason had been forgotten. Long after the princess was gone. As I said, these things happen [in a monarchy].

And you guys say that this is the best form of government

I concur, we should let television shows dictate all of our political thought.

Of all the ways you can support your opinion, you quote a 20-year-old scifi show.

>As I said, these things happen [in a any traditionalist society].

The Romans during their republic had all sorts of totally fucking inane traditions that nobody remembered the reason for, but they did it because that's the way dad did it, that's the way Roma does it, and it worked out pretty well so far.

It's a good show though

Breaking Bad was a good show but that doesn't make Walter White a rolemodel for political theory.

it doesnt? we worship some politicians who were worse than WW

>it doesnt?

No.

>we worship some politicians who were worse than WW

Other people being fucking stupid doesn't make you less fucking stupid, except in relative terms.

Was Los Pollos Hermanos styled after the Roman Empire? Because the Centauri republic certainly was.

The Romans basically governed themselves like a glorified mafia syndicate so basically.

I didnt say if he would have been a good role model, just that he could have been one.

I think that's pretty cool and romantic desu

That's a cute story though.

In a democracy they would have built a parking lot where the flower stood, the guard would be jobless and smoking crack and the princess would be a foul-smelling hippie with dreadlocks because dad.

That's a beautiful tradition though. In a non-monarchy that moment of pure innocent joy would have been lost forever with no means of rediscovering it, leaving no sign that it ever happened.

In a monarchy even the flowers are remembered.

I've been interested in the idea of Anarcho-Monarchism ever since I read an article by David Bentley Hart on First Things.

Reminder that Centauri are Germans of B5, they should be wiped out and Galaxy would be safer.

Care to share it with us? I've never heard of that before.

The best way to describe it is through the game of Chess. The King can barely do anything, but for some reason he's what the game is all about. The King can take care of roads, bridges, and defense. Everything else is radically subsidized to the common folk. J.R.R. Tolkien espoused these ideas in a letter to his son. Anyone who mentions the word "State" or "Nation", he said, would be promptly executed.

Sound close to system what Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth was turning into

its no dumber than all the people I've seen say monarchy is good because "watch LOGH"

What is anarcho-monarchy? Is it like an irish tuath?

When there is state there can be no freedom, but when there is freedom there will be no state. Vladimir Lenin

>its no dumber than all the people I've seen say monarchy is good because "watch LOGH"

The funny thing is LotGH again and again makes clear why monarchy is a bad system due to the lack of systemic stability and checks and balances (as its even hinted that Reinhard wanted the Neue Reich to become semi-democratised).

If anything LotGH makes a good case for constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy (though the latter is never expressly stated, the structure of the Alliance government is obviously presidential in origin, and is very clearly meant to express the failings of democracy).

Daily reminder that the Narn holohoax never happened and "muh mass drivers" is a lie perpetuated by the eternal redeye to propagate their filthy agenda to decent civilized interstellar polities.

Shadows were right.

Shadows did nothing wrong.