Thanks bill

youtu.be/xuCn8ux2gbs
thanks bill

Pure Kino

Based

omg i thought the japan was a one off

>yfw I literally waited EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY until he makes another history, after a year I lost hope

welp, i guess I'm excited.

This is actually really good. I'm shocked.

Just finished watching it a second time

I liked the Japan one better desu

This one felt like it was going through everything way too fast, I didn't learn shit that I didn't already know

The information is extremely generalized that it's worthless desu.

In the Jap vid you could actually learn things you didn't know but in world history most people (who are going to watch something like this) already know the basic stuff.

>the sun is a deadly lazer
I kek'd

Japan was x1000 better.

Because of
and

Still fun as entertainment

Sure but less funny than the first one.

It's too reddit

>"hey lets rape Africa"
>"racism is bad, mkay"
>napoleon but no bismark
>anti semitism was the cause of ww2 as opposed the treaty of versailles
>europeans are evil colonizers and exploiters, but the mudslimes and mongols were totally cool you guys

Jesus Christ! Did John Green sponsor this?

This

It was good though in that even if it told you things you already know it gives a sense of perspective regarding what's happening around the same time in different places. It's easy to compartmentalize history and not realize where exactly in the global time line different things on opposite sides of the world fit.

Why do you weirdos pretend that thinking racism is bad is some sjw thing?

There is literally nothing wrong with being a racist, all the cool kids are doing it.

Racism is bad. That goes without saying. My gripe with the video is that starting in the 1600 it pushes "the evil white european" narrative, or rather approaching everything that came before and all other civilizations with some sort of moral relativism by not mentioning their barbarism, while constantly shitting on the west. This is a carbon copy of the narrative many people who grew up in the late 90s / early 2000s were told and is partially responsible for the SJW phenomenon. Just because we were better at fucking over other people doesn't make us any more evil than those who failed. And no, I'm not defending late 19th century colonialism here. I just feel like this video is either misinformed or just straight up ""leftist"" treehugger propaganda. Also that fact the he mentioned the UN but not the league of nations triggered my suspicion detector even more.

Not him and I agree 100% with you, can I ask why UN and LoN difference is relevant to the SJW nu-left agenda?

>can I ask why UN and LoN difference is relevant to the SJW nu-left agenda?
It's more like globalist propaganda. The UN is a complete fucking joke. Human Rights? Saudi Arabia is on the council (and now women's rights, too, lmao). Peace keeping missions? The Tutsi and Bosniaks will surly appreciate their good will. The United Nations is The League of Nations 2.0 in every single way, only somehow an even bigger joke. Mentioning the UN, "world peace" and "technological progress" is just vapid optimism, which reminds me of the early 1900s and the 1920s. The UN seems a lot less impressive and the world a lot less "progressive" if you know shit about history, the part of history (1870-1939) this video just completely glosses over.

>African blacks actually had civilizations

Im so triggered holy shit!

if you're watching this for education , you're a moron. at most it'll spark an interest but it's better enjoyed when you have a basic understanding already. also learn to pause the video

They all collapsed, being conquered by mudslimes and ultimately the west. Nothing of importance. That's what happens when your entire continent consists of desert and jungle. Also technically Egypt was in Africa.

>"then he discovered the indies and japan"
>zooms out to reveal the carribean

fucking mint

I think you're exaggerating how he treats the west compared to the east. This is the history of the entire world, he's not going to stop to detail anything. Reading too far into some tongue-in-cheek remark like a short comment about colonialism being bad doesn't mean he's your political opponent.

>Not understanding jokes

You realize that some simplifications are made for the sake of humor?

this

Agreed. Communism is only mentioned once and every other atrocity in history is "lol history" while MUH RACISM is center stage. Spare me.

>i-its a joke

Even accounting for that his bias is obvious.

>that knock on habsburg inbreeding

heh

>center stage

No it isn't

Communism was only 80 years long

>mentioned blacks selling slaves

>Doesn't waste time talking about every insignificant empire

>Mentions how white inventions propelled the entire world

>Says slavery and anti semitism are bad

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Seriously can you guys take a break from getting triggered for 2 seconds

A FUCKING NORMIE!

You can make a religion out of th-

No don't.

Do /pol/tards just exist in a constant state of discomfort?

It's a fucking comedic interpretation of world history. Chill out. It's just as annoying as SJWs whining about lack of diversity in some TV show

>spends more time talking about Israel than about Germany
this kills the /pol/

We could make a religion out of this.

It's fucking hilarious. As far as their concerned if you're not constantly fellating Western Civ 24/7 you're some sort of anti-white cuck.

I saw this video before the thread and I already knew the reaction I'd see.

>Do /pol/tards just exist in a constant state of discomfort?
I didn't choose the reee life, the reee life chose me.

It's a good introduction to big history honestly. I imagine they'll end up showing this to high school kids if they aren't going to get stingy over some occasional swears.

how do you know

> if they aren't going to get stingy over some occasional swears.

Does he swear in the video?

Several times

Lmao he referenced a line of the video xD

That was actually good. I hope he puts out more frequently now.

how john green tier is this video?

See

Did you not catch the "seems legit"? The video agrees with you about the UN.

It bugged me how he inadvertently put the blame for the Haitain massacre of the French on L'Ouverture.

I like that his response to everyone screaming "DO A HISTORY OF [country] VIDEO" is to just do one for the entire world. Wonder if he'll do any more.

this

This was fantastic. Obviously it was less informative to me than the history of Japan, only because I know fuck all about Japan. But that doesn't take away from the entertainment and educational quality of it.

The fact that this is currently #1 on trending gives me some hope. Trending videos on youtube are usually such fucking cancer, just clickbait and corporate shit.

commies were mentioned at least twice tho USSR and China.

>But that's bullshit, said Portugal, spiceless

Bullshit is a swear?

>opposed the treaty of versailles

>I'm not defending it, but...

I think he says fuck it in the first few seconds

nice, also nice is that just like in the japan video ads are disabled

A school would probably consider it a swear.

/thread

i think someone broke china again

Is this the Kuomintang surge?

You do realise the whole joke is that he over exaggerates and oversimplifies everything.

You have to be a complete moron to even consider the video as actually anything more than entertainment.

It's generalized but it's good for reminding you that stuff was going on outside of europe and the middle east.

Obligatory autistic screeching: not enough south america, tie-ins to japan video.

>anime reaction image
>expecting the poster to be capable of picking up on social cues

I fucking loved cuba=japan.

I think you guys are vastly overestimating the knowledge level of most people.