Inb4 I'm /pol

What does Veeky Forums think of a society that is homogeneous in most ways like race, religion, and culture? Has it ever existed in history before? (One place that comes to mind is Africa) Are there any benefits to have a state or nation that is homogeneous ?

>Has it ever existed in history before?

The only true homogeneous societies that have existed usually were in isolated areas with limited population growth.

I specified society, user. I understand countries haven't had this before, I was wondering if there are benefits if it was possible

Nigger 40 years ago everywhere was homogenous

I mean different states have varying degrees of homogeneity, but overall complete homogeneity probably hasn't existed outside of small tribal societies. The more complex a society becomes, the more foreigners it attracts (i.e. merchants, traders, etc.). Eventually they settle and mix with the locals and well the society is no longer homogenous.

The Guanche maybe.

Inderdasting user, I looked it up but I can't find anything, could you like some sources?
Well I understand that but I was wondering whether there were benefits and it's occurrences in history.

Well if you have a largely homogeneous society, you probably don't have significant relations with other countries. From an economic standpoint, that isn't exactly good.

>One place that comes to mind is Africa
Yeah an entire fucking continent with five native language families is totally homogenous. You fucking dummy.

That's a good point. I think it would also affect your ability to innovate or learn different ways to do something, One benefit I could think of is that I don't see a problem with hatred in this society, which would be really nice in my opinion.

I'm sorry user that I didn't specify but what I meant was the local tribes, I believe there are some tribes that are homogeneous. Forgive me for confusing you.

>One benefit I could think of is that I don't see a problem with hatred in this society, which would be really nice in my opinion.
Oh, you would still see plenty of hatred. It would just be based more on economic and social differences instead of ethnic and religious ones.

But this is a society that is all under on religion race and culture. You can't hate anyone except other countries based on race, and most popular religions don't promote hatred against others (unless the religion is no religion)

There is no such thing as a homogeneous culture - that only occurs within a specific time frame. It's a situation, not a lasting cultural identity - and a situation that can only arise in a tribal sense at that, unless they're isolated by geography, like the Rapa Nui or the secluded tribes in the Amazon.

>You can't hate anyone except other countries based on race, and most popular religions don't promote hatred against others (unless the religion is no religion)

You can't be this autistic.

Is it bad that when people call me names on a nigerian cutting board making image board I still feel bad?

both christianity and islam are supposed to be kind and nurturing to its own members and the poor, but human nature and history shows you the opposite effect.

I've seen ethno religious groups like jews and native americans act nicer to outsiders. look at the way christian americans in the south see christian mexicans.

If the incomes were also homogeneous would and the religion was one that treated men and women equally would this work to effectively eliminate discrimination?

I don't think that will happen. The average person is weak and needs an "other" to blame for their problems. If there is no other, they will usually create one, even if it doesn't actually exist.

>africa
>homogenous
are you fucking dense?

As in local tribes. It seems relatively easy to keep one of the small tribes there homogeneous