Modern Indian Contriutions

Serious question. If you exclude Pakistan/Afghan/Nepal regions, did modern day Indian ethnic groups ever contribute anything significant to the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_inventions_and_discoveries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viswanathan_Anand
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satya_Nadella
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundar_Pichai
m.indiatoday.in/story/north-india-vs-south-india-who-is-doing-better-report-says-south-india/1/269761.html
google.co.uk/amp/wap.business-standard.com/article-amp/opinion/madhukar-sabnavis-the-new-two-indias-113120501027_1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>'Alexanders invasion and defeat at Jhelum'

Is this some Indian WEWUZing about a battle that never happened? Just so they can say they defeated Alexander, which they (or anyone else) never did?

Or do Indians legit believe that the Battle of the Hydaspes was something other than a crushing Macedonian victory?

Indian numerals.

Inb4 some faggot claims they're "Arabic numerals".

t. pashtun

Pakistan Aryan masterrace

Apparently I have ancestors from pic related. Wuz we kangz?

North is Aryan south is Tamil
Indus civilization wasn't Aryan

Literal island niggers

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_inventions_and_discoveries

I think the whole point being highlighted here is that Indians never fought anyone. Alexander never made it to India. Indians like to take credit for kingdoms of neighbouring countries

I am sure Alexander fled/handed territory back/reimbursed the local kings/left them in power because he won. Sure, lets go with that.

Once again, Gandhara is not India. never was.

Majority of those are from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal, South East Asia (what they like to call Indo-China)

Modern Indian ethnic groups can claim nothing of this.

Once this colonial naming convention is btfo, Indians will be known as the frauds of Asia. All they invented was We Were Kangz, way before others.

Indians are very smart and one day (precisely in the year 2030) they will show their worth.

t. Not Indian

They still have Aryan blood in them!

Pan-Indo-European alliance when?

Delicious food

Too much Australoid mix in India. Based Pak/Afghan region was the centre of everything known as Ancient India. Modern Indians steal this because muslims stopped giving a shit.

Punjabi cuisine.
Majority of real Indian cuisine is vegetarian.

>vegetarian food can't be delicious

explain then why Southern India which still speaks dravidian languages is the most developed part of the subcontinent (including Pakistan)

and many of the smartest Indians of this century and the last ones were from the south

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viswanathan_Anand
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satya_Nadella
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundar_Pichai

the northern the lighter the better doesnt apply to India

Reddit >>> that way

>Serious question. If you exclude Pakistan/Afghan/Nepal regions, did modern day Indian ethnic groups ever contribute anything significant to the world?
Hinduism, the first organized religion?
Kama Sutra, the book of sex?
All those water reservoirs, baths, early cities?

Thats just the numerical concept of "zero", but its still relevant.

Top 5 Indian inventions:

1. Open Air Toilet
2. Bangalore Streetshitting Derby
3. Cowpiss Soda
4. Diarrhea
5. Gypsies

Most Indian food is vegetarian and smells and tastes like hot shit.

Unless you count Pakistani or Muslim North Indian cuisine, which heavily features meat and can be quite good.

target practice for the chinks and the paks next door

also, a free open testing ground for the pharmaceutical industry to test out their new dangerous drugs (not to mention deodorants)

>All those water reservoirs, baths, early cities?
Indus Valley. Not India

>Thats just the numerical concept of "zero", but its still relevant.
Ghandara. Also not India

>world's oldest university
That's Bologna, stop appropriating my culture.

Bologna 1088 AD

Taxila, Pakistan: fifth century BC

>Or do Indians legit believe that the Battle of the Hydaspes was something other than a crushing Macedonian victory?
It was crushing because the main Indian offence was defused by the rain (superior arrows)

Even then they completely destroyed their moral lmao

Taxila University is from 1975.
You can't establish a university by some ancient site and call it the first to claim we wuz points, I've seen it done by a bunch of people and it's always pathetic.

Damascus steel? Iron cased rockets which were then developed by the Brit's to become the beginning of modern rockets? Superior HDI level?

That's the modern one. The ancient one was made in 5th century BC and then later burned down by the Turk's in 1100 AD

The ancient one wasn't a university.

Damascus steel? Iron cased rockets which were the basis of the Brit's developing of the modern rockets? Superior HDI level?

#
That's the modern one. The ancient one was made in 5th century BC and then later burned down by the Turk's in 1100 AD

Not an official one but the first of its kind and very similar

Citation Needed

>ITT: Islamic Mughal inbred rape babies trying to claim they were the Aryan race who built the Indus Valley Civilization

Nice joke. Now go back to fucking goats Achmed.

> Australoid Ganges-spawned Pujeets trying to claim they built the Pakistan based Indus Valley civilisation and kingdoms.

Even better joke. Go back to decorating your designated street Dinesh.

>believes in the 'Aryan Invasion Theory'
>yet believes that Aryans created the Indus Valley

Inbred logic

"aryan" fetishists don't like to pay attention to facts that get in the way of their role playing.

Look it up.

>if you exclude
>Afghanistan
Afghanistan was never Indian.

Because those are the areas more densely populated and which benefited the most from commerce during the age of discovery/colonialism, plus the brits had it split along that line.
And it still doesn't hold because the northernmost region is also rich.

I never mentioned Aryan-anything you shitgargling hindu. Only your fellow pujeets need entire ethnic groups to migrate in order to be kangz.

Every pujeet historian considers Pashtun lands as part of Ancient India. i.e Ghandara was exclusively synonymous with Pashtun regions of eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.

There is a migration theory for this too, I am sure.

no
they're abos who got semi civilized by Indus valley civilization

You can just say you haven't had enough Indian food

If it was simply a matter of population density then why is it that north india the part of india which does by far the most street shitting?

Why is it that bangalore and mumbai (in the south half of the country) are india's san francisco and new york respectively while New Delhi (in the north of the country) is more like India's Johannesburg with far more rapes and street harrassment per capita?

these aren't explained simply by population density.

It's also a difference in culture between different parts of india. One would reason that the north of india would be more influenced by backwards paki/afghan tribal culture than the south.

m.indiatoday.in/story/north-india-vs-south-india-who-is-doing-better-report-says-south-india/1/269761.html

google.co.uk/amp/wap.business-standard.com/article-amp/opinion/madhukar-sabnavis-the-new-two-indias-113120501027_1.html
>The average monthly per-capita household expenditure for North India across the states in both urban and rural regions is much lower than the India average of Rs 1,984 and Rs 1,054 respectively, while for the four southern states, it's largely higher.

>The same is true about the penetration of consumer items like televisions and two-wheelers - and for latrines within the premises too.

You do realize the two maps overlap perfectly, either both are related to population density or India's development is based on shitting in the streets.

Why do you act like the border with nepal is the north and not the obviously aryan punjab and kashmir area?

>Someone have actually made statistics how much people shit in public

I looked up Punjabi cuisine and I noticed that they have a high consumption of dairy products. I am a Dutchman myself and we also have a high dairy consumption. I was wondering if people from the Punjab area are also taller than the average Indian due to their diet, a similar link has been made with my people.

"Pakistan" is a literal artifical country that always a part of India for thousands of years. Paki identity is joke since they're nothing more than Muslim Indians.

>b-but India is a made up country too
No. Unlike Pakistan and really all of the Sub-Continent in general, India was always a unified land with the centralized India being a thing numerous times. And guess what? Pakistan was a part of it too all those times. It was Islam that cause the schism between Pakis and Indians.

Claiming Indus River is not Indian is like saying Minoans or Etruscans weren't European. Language means shit.

>India was always a unified land
>India being a thing numerous times

KEK

90% of history, the subcontinent has been a collection of kingdoms and empires. Pakistan can barely claim to have been a unified region, but Pakistan and its ethnic groups are synonymous with Indus Valley region, whether you like it or not. There has been East, West Indus divide at times, but mostly Pashtuns and Punjabis have shared the valleys.

At this point I am not even sure which one of the 20 definitions of India you are referring to but I suspect its a retarded version of the British empire.

Indus River is Punjabi, Pashtun and Sindhi. Go beg for an identity elsewhere. Surely Ganges still resembles a river...

POO

They developed wootz steel in like 5th or 6th century bce right? That's pretty cool.

I think every Iranian laughs at these claims.

Sure, let me give you a sampler:
Srinivasa Ramanujan - maybe not in the top tier of greatest mathematicians of all time (although some would argue that he is), but certainly at least in the second tier.
Satyendra Nath Bose - did important work in quantum mechanics
Nikhil Banerjee - IMO, one of the greatest musicians of all time

I've actually met someone from there, absolute dear she was. Wonderful gal.

>inb4 he claims these too are actually Pakis or that they didn't actually contribute anything

Why bother responding to him, we all know he's delusional, he's just getting a kick out of posting these threads.

The Pashtun side of Pakistan was Indian land historically before it got invaded a few centuries back desu.

Not only is this not true, but the point of this entire thread is that "Indian land" is such a loose fucking term that it can mean anything. On top of that, delusional pujeets even claim the heritage of Afghans and Pakistanis based on these bullshit territorial claims.

Indians are literally contributing to outdated orientalist western views of Asia, where laziness ensure that everything conveniently falls in two categories. Ancient China and Ancient India, (and the gem called indo-china) because fuck everyone else.
Meanwhile in Europe, you better not confuse the 5 Danish dialects spoken in the the Island of Bornholm (population 40k) because the groups are sufficiently different in terms of traditions and history.

kek.

India could justifiably called the Confederate states of India and there are continual separatist movements throughout the country, so the government prioritizes emphasizing the historical unity of the subcontinent. This phenomenon is strengthened by the fact that the ruling party in India has been for some decades now Hindu nationalists who desire to reclaim the Aryavarta.

I think you could draw some parallels between the Hindu desire to reclaim the Indus river valley and the European crusader's desire to "reclaim" the holy land.

What the fuck is this thread even about? What the hell are these changing definitions of what constitutes "India" and what doesn't?

It's clear as fuck that this vague notion of "India" has, over the span of human culture, contributed a metric fuckton. To say otherwise is to be some sort of weird fake geneticist.

It's like asking "What have Americans contributed to the world?" and then when people bring up NASA, medicine, philosophy, etc. you respond by saying "well those are all just Europeans in denial. What about the Americans from the midwest, who have a more distinct culture?" Then when someone brings up a list of influential statesmen, scientists, actors, etc. born from the midwest, you say "no I'm actually talking about people from the rural towns out in the cornfields. All the big cities in the midwest are just mini-European enclaves."

It's just dishonest. Get real, Veeky Forums.

Or developed regions don't shit in the streets, incredible I know.
Kerala, the most developed state, has 860/km2 and doesn't even have any city above 1 million or metro areas above 2 million people. Bihar in the shitty north has 1,102/km2, similar to Bangladesh.

I should have just used this. As you can see, the correlation between development and population density seems rather weak, and should not be expected to be too positive since the less developed India regions tend to suffer from that problem where poor people pop out a zillion kids and overpopulate. Meanwhile in Kerala, "the rate of population growth is India's lowest, and the decadal growth of 4.9% in 2011 is less than one third of the all-India average of 17.64%"

underappreciated post

>mixing poo with steel
>we wuz inventerz n shyt
you fool.

>What the fuck is this thread even about?
> Proceeds with shitposting

Your analogy is beyond shit. The subcontinent is defined very clearly with distinct ethnic groups. There is no conceivable way modern Indians should be claiming historical contributions by people who weren't called Indians then and are not called Indians now.

>I think you could draw some parallels between the Hindu desire to reclaim the Indus river valley and the European crusader's desire to "reclaim" the holy land.

This is a much better analogy. Indians might identify with the Indus Valley for various reasons, but the people of Indus Valley are largely Muslim now. It doesnt change peoples heritage.

Picture is crude, but pretty much sums up Indian mentality.

This is the reason India went to war with China over a barren, uninhabited desert, historically part of Tibet, called Aksai Chin.
They have no historical sense of nationhood. Even hinduism is hard to define and pin down as a religion, which itself revolves around pushing each other down.

Chinese use Buddhist civilisations to rally their nationhood.
Pakistanis use Islam and Mughal empire, with some Indus Valley ancient history too.

India just went with a secular version of the British Indian empire, borrowed bits and pieces from others including their name and ended up clashing with Pakistan, China and Sri Lanka.

Pakistans founder was allegedly furious and confused about Indian logic of continuing to use their colonial name. Its only going to get worse for India as they clash over Kashmir and Tibet with their nuclear neighbours

This is purely anecdotal evidence but most indians ive met were mildly shorter than average, with the exception of the 2 punjabis ive met, both of which were over 6 ft

Sri Lanka is actually pretty good by most metrics. HDI is somewhere between Turkey and Albania, GDP per capita (PPP) is between Jordan and Albania again, nominal GDP per capita between Algeria and Tunisia etc.
I mean, that's roughly as good as it gets outside of Europe and East Asia.

>Indus is Punjabi, Pashtun and Sindhi.

Also Kashmiri

>t.poo

Indus valley people were Dravidian, displaced by indo Aryans In north India and Pakistan

Their descendents are more in India than Pakistan

That pic doesn't even make any sense

Source?
I dont think you have any.

Modern Pakistanis are not the ones who lived in Indus valley. Over 60% of the current population is displaced from India during partition.
Also the Indus valley civilization was the only and first civilization India, claiming that they have no connection to modern India is stupid, considering most of India is formed of their descendants.

>Gandhara
I dont know how you reached that conclusion, but I have never read anything which implies indian numerals were invented in Gandhara.
It would be better if you provide sources, otherwise you would just be considered a loud idiot.

No, they would be an Isolate. The Dravidians hadn't expanded that far east at that point. The Aryans wouldn't even meet Dravidians until they got into India proper, ffs.

>Modern Pakistanis are not the ones who lived in Indus valley. Over 60% of the current population is displaced from India during partition.

90% of Pakistanis are native to Indus Valley you revisionist piece of shit. We call the migrant people Muhajirs. They make up 7% of the population

>Also the Indus valley civilization was the only and first civilization India, claiming that they have no connection to modern India is stupid, considering most of India is formed of their descendants.

Most of Indians have no idea where they came from. Just picking the oldest civilisation in your neighbouring country and inventing migration theories is shit tier desperation.

Indus Valley descendants are Pashtun, Punjabis and Sindhis.

>Their descendents are more in India than Pakistan

What a happy coincidence. Kangz indeed.
Back in the real world, Indus Valley descendants are Pashtun, Punjabis and Sindhis.

>That pic doesn't even make any sense
Yes it does. Your fellow Pujeets are making a real good example ITT.

Panini, Pingala who are attributed with most of the work were from Taxila/Swat valley.

>mad descended paki thinks he was KANGS when most of their population is literally descended from the rapes the people they claim they hate
kek
Im not even Indian and this thread his hilarious.

I thought I told you to cite sources.
As a matter of fact the first inscripted numerals in the world were found during ashoka's reign.

>Im not even Indian
>descended from the rapes
>but I will screech like an autist anyway.

Ok Rajesh.

Not being Indian doesnt mean you have to be anglo, mehmet.

>I am a Cali boy

Not witshtanding that taxila invited lots of scholars from all over india and beyond, along with nalanda, there is also no information where they actually were from.
I dont know how you can spout bullshit with such confidence, must be because of general muslim culture.

Qouting youtube

Some proposals have attempted to date Pāṇini from references within the text. The first proposal is based on sutra 2.1.70 of Panini, which mentionskumara-sramanawith the wordsramanainterpreted to imply that he may have had "Buddhist nuns" in mind, and therefore he should be placed after theBuddha. Other scholars question this theory because nuns in the Indian traditions existed outside of and before Buddhism, such as inJainism.The second proposal is based on the occurrence of the wordyavanānī(in 4.1.49, either "Greek woman", or "Greek alphabet").[20]This occurrence ofyavanānī, some suggest aterminus post quemas 519 BCE, i.e. the time ofDarius I'sBehistun Inscriptionthat included the province ofGandhara(IAST:Gandhāra). However,Max Mullerin 1862, objected to this interpretation with the statement that there is no reason to assume thatyavanameant "Greek" before and in the century Panini lived, and it could as well might have been a reference in a Semitic or a South Indian context.[21]More recently, Patrick Olivelle – a professor of Sanskrit and Indian religions, concurs and states that the termyonaoryavanain Panini is "merely linguistic and does not necessarily indicate that he knew or was in contact with Greek settlers", adding that while Panini is generally estimated around the 5th century BCE, placing Panini in a century "is an educated guess".[22]

> Wow, it was multi national, multi cultural and secular too.

This really shows your desperation. Ghandara was largely centered to Pashtun areas of Pakistan.

Around 2.5 to 3 % of Indians can genuinely claim to be descendants of Indus Valley, i.e Punjabis and Sindhis.

And also Pingala did his work during Maurya's reign, and there is also no knowledge of him working in Taxila, similar to Panini.
did a quick search and quoted wikipedia, I hope you will try to do the same.
You too, if you're not the same person.

Your claims are bewildering and not based on any fact.

According to George Cardonna, the tradition believes that Panini came from Salatura in northwest part of the Indian subcontinent.[3] This is likely to be ancient Gandhara.[2]
Frits Staal (1965), Euclid and Pāṇini, Philosophy East and West, Vol. 15, No. 2 (Apr., 1965), pp. 99-116
^ Jump up to: a b c Cardona, George (1998), Pāṇini: A Survey of Research, Motilal Banarsidass, p. 268, ISBN 978-81-208-1494-3

Although it is known that Panini (c. 450 - 350 BCE) was born in Shalatula, a small town near Attock on the northwestern Indian peninsula in what is now Pakistan, historians remain uncertain as to the exact dates of Panini's birth and death. One theory, supported by internal references that indicate Panini had contact with or was at least aware of Greek civilization, place his life after the year 327 BCE, when Macedonian Alexander the Great reached northwestern India. However, historical evidence supports limited contact between the two civilizations as early as the sixth century BCE.

Also, Panini and Pingala were either brothers or cousins.

I think I already covered that in my youtube quote, Cardonna just made a guess, and he accepts this in his work, which you also seem to quote but willfully ignore. Max Muller did a much more solid work on Indian history and is much more widely accepted.

>just made a guess

There is uncertainty around the era, not the fucking place. Typical

Pakis must be very conflicted, on one hand they want to undermine everything Indian and hope to be as arabic as they can be, and on other hand they can never be arabic and will always be considered dirty by arabs and so they try to cling their actual roots, which they have been brainwashed to hate since they were born.

There is, why do you refuse to read?

No conflict. Pakistani roots are from the Indus Valley. Neither Indian nor Arab.

Does this trigger you Rajesh?

>Although it is known that Panini (c. 450 - 350 BCE) was born in Shalatula, a small town near Attock on the northwestern Indian peninsula in what is now Pakistan, historians remain uncertain as to the exact dates of Panini's birth and death.
This has been considered to be based on false theory by many notable Historians.

And so are the rest of the indian subcontinent which you hate, but Im pretty sure you'll proceed to deny that soon.

Lol you are indian rapebaby.

>> We were kangz too.

India was already populated at this point in time. How does that even make sense.