The Bitcoin Hardfork Myth

Daily reminder for summerfags.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/_jonasschnelli_/status/885884662010322944
twitter.com/JackMallers/status/857357930777149440
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think people are trying to find a reason for why bitcoin has been dropping since $3000. What most likely happened was too much profit taking occurred around the time, and it started too much downward momentum.

Bitcoin will not need hardfork, that never was going to happen. But do you honestly think most people even knew it was an issue of contention? The answer is no. This selling off is happening because it's happening.

It is very stupid to believe that the miners will do something to harm them as if they do not like to make money.

> Itt smelly Romanian camelfucker thinks he is relevant and somehow more important than every bitcoin exchange and company

What do they have against Segwit2x outside the fact it's not from Core ?

As long as improvement are continually made to speeds and transaction costs, along with increasing adoption (of not just the blockchain concept, but of the the coin itself), and, a strong Asian market maintains itself, then crypto is still a fundamentally strong market. Just be patient for a recovery. And ignore media articles especially.

A lot of people visit bitcoin dot com which is filled with government propaganda.

XT, Classic, Unlimited, segwit2x... you name it. It's all government takeover attempts.

The bitcoin whales will put certain death on them as they have done every time.

Let's say that the government decides to sanction a certain fork, they can absorb any amount of whale dumps they want. Even if the market gets crashed to pennies over and over again they will just keep absorbing it.

You are invisible unless you have bitcoins. These corporations don't hold bitcoins, therefore they are invisible.

twitter.com/_jonasschnelli_/status/885884662010322944

Not to mention it creates 2 fucking bitcoins.

I think the problem are the newbies who either have weak hands or bought/mined their coins a long time ago and dumb them now in large amounts without thinking about their influence on the market.

This retarded LARPing on Dark Web and cryptocurrency conspiracies is truly the work of teenagers, NEETs and psychopathic manchilds.
I think I'll stick with FOREX instead of giving credit to obese basement dwellers.

>As long as improvement are continually made to speeds and transaction costs,
This is the main problem.
Core is paid off and are told to not do that since they lost all of their BTC in MT.GOX

The alternative is to back Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic who have already the solutions but no expertise or experience meaning you will get fucked real hard by price changes constantly as bugs arise.

>twitter.com/_jonasschnelli_/status/885884662010322944

I'm too technologically illiterate to understand what he implies.
Does he mean that the contributions on the project increasingly come from companies that are "hijacking" bitcoin ? If so how do they do it precisely ?

"Seeds are run by KYC companies rather then passioned devs, no public records if they conform to the policy document in btc1 sourcecode."

From I can see in the image, the seeds were first directed towards hosts who didn't run for profit or something and just were personal projects.

The changelog shows how they directed the seeds to Bitpay, Blockchain.info who can just refuse to give out logs. They are companies.

The truth of the situation is this: if Bitcoin is to have any real value in the future then it has to prove that it can survive an attack like this - non technical attack.

I don't give a fuck about BTC, when ripple is going to be the world currency. Those so called OG whales can hold their BTC forever.

We don't need to do shit. 1MB is good enough for the time being. Everytime the network had problems it was due spam.

>Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic
kys

Why am I still paying 2.5$ in fees then?

Recommended fee by my Bitcoin Core full node right now: $0.5152 USD so what the fuck are you talking about.

How many blocks. 2.5$ For next block

Lol@ the whale dump. You realize we already have a precedent with Ethereum/Ethereum Classic and the whales did not dump, in fact people got so excited at the prospect of doubling their money they were shilling both.

Exactly BTC is suited to act like gold, if anyone wants to mod it they should do another crypto. Bit148, SegWit, ANYTHING that tries to mod it is a mere scam to ala ICO marketing only instead of shilling an idea you and me knows its bullshit, they are trying to lurk BTC players by convincing and colluding media, forum adm, exchangers and miners.

Stop falling for this shit.
>Muh fast transactions
Use another crypto design to be light
>muh fair share
Use another crypto suit for your morals

BTC is potentially worth trillions how it is, if someone tries to mod it the real holders will dump everything and crash it because they know its shit.

Also stop holding your shit in online wallets goddammit.

but why? at that point just create fiatfaggotcoin tm and call it a day

I don't get the whole "slow transaction" meme. All of my BTC transactions so far were 2-verification transactions that took a few minutes at most.

Were you using exchanger to exchanger or any other online wallet? They trend to fast up transactions, verification outside that environment can take up 1 or 2 days at worst.

I like how the op in that pic is trying to act hard but is obviously scared as fuck his btc is going to be worthless soon.

this. whether or not you "understand game theory" (lol) if your holdings drop 30% in value then you fucked up.

Good move, Hymie.

this 30% is nothing wake me up when were under $1000 and no one is developing and investing in this space

>investing strategy:
>buy volatile asset
>fall asleep

ill agree that bitcoin is still way too high and it even has a chance of being hyped again to a new ATH. but for the time being, you had like a month to sell and are increasingly making dumber decisions as it declines.

Welcome to HODLing

>Exactly BTC is suited to act like gold, if anyone wants to mod it they should do another crypto. Bit148, SegWit, ANYTHING that tries to mod it is a mere scam to ala ICO marketing only instead of shilling an idea you and me knows its bullshit, they are trying to lurk BTC players by convincing and colluding media, forum adm, exchangers and miners.
The problem is bitcoin already has a brand name normies know and reasonable integration with various payment systems. I sort of think it might be better to just let bitcoin become mainstream it will propel crypto so far it won't matter much. One of the more modern coins can take over the market bitcoin occupied in the past.

The point stands that you, an "investor," are holding on because of qualitative faith. 30% is 30% and you would be wholly better off if you considered sentiment; it really doesn't matter whether hardfork is a myth or not--it matters if enough buyers and sellers believe at any given time.

BTC should be viewed as a commodity, not a currency. It doesn't fulfill the properties of money. So you're essentially saying bloat a portfolio with gold/oil and hold vs the haters.

Could work, but it's not a master stroke or some genius play.

I don't give a shit about whatever the fuck it is you're getting at, but you must be autistic as fuck to think I have any interest in ever using bitcoin as an actual currency. I'm here to eventually turn small amounts of fiat into large amounts of fiat. Have fun holding onto your meme literal fake money for eternity hoping it becomes real world useful. The only use bitcoin will ever have is buying drugs and transferring large sums of wealth across borders. You're never gonna be able to spend it in a store because people don't like buying stuff in obscure fractions and then waiting a few minutes at the checkout line to make sure their transaction was verified.

>yo dawg daytrade bitcoin so you can gamble while you gamble
I started buying bitcoin with money orders to bitinstant, charlie shrems old company
The ecosystem is HUGE now compared to back then
I've been around long enough this dip is nothing

I would rather go down with bitcoin than sell out
fuck your fiat fuck your lambodreams fuck you
this concept is bigger than me, and I'm not going to try and time the market for marginal gains

So if you're not in this for lambos, what are you in for?

Taking down the people who wish to make us debt slaves

As for me, I'm in it for both

Im thinking of things greater than Lambos.

Lambodreams and sovereign Bitcoin go hand in hand.

The value proposition for a non-sovereign Bitcoin is exactly 0.

The value proposition of a sovereign Bitcoin is everything.

Normies can use bitcoin throught the lightning network if segwit gets in without a hardfork.

twitter.com/JackMallers/status/857357930777149440

Imagine fast cheap transactions without any blocksize hardfork bullshit.

If it doesn't happen then oh well, LTC or any other altcoin will be it.

>People want decentralized money.
>Blockchain BTC concept is created.
>Guys look! Lets introduce banks on the blockchain!

Wtf nigger?

Why the fuck you need next block? Just the recommended fee estimated to happen within the next 10 blocks.

freedom

lmao this sounds like a deus ex storyline what the fuck

>I think people are trying to find a reason for why bitcoin has been dropping since $3000

The reason is because the crypto ponzi scheme is starting to unravel. The big investors are cashing out to fiat, thus bringing the price down. August 1st is just a smokescreen.