Invest 2500 € for my little boy

okay guys..

since monday im the father of a little boy

i want to long-term-invest (20-25 years) some money for him

Any suggestions how i should invest it? All at once or bit by bit? Fond? Shares? Bitcoins?

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleheads.org/wiki/Lazy_portfolios).
mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/
awealthofcommonsense.com/2014/02/worlds-worst-market-timer/
personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundIntExt=INT&FundId=0970
twitter.com/AnonBabble

put miney into something like a Total Stock fund or an S&P 500 fund. Every year/quarter/month/whatever, add a little moer. Dont try to time the market. It 15-20 years, convert 25-50% of it to bonds.

kneepads

I got you son future covered.
Put everything you have into ETH.

Vitalik

gold bullion and guns

nice just bought 100k! ;))

to lamboland i gues?

This but throw 500 € at BTC on the off chance it outperforms everything else 50 fold.

dgb, the money of the future, today.

im gunna be your sons 'daddy' in 20 years so don't worry about it, ill provide for him as long as he keeps my dick wet

well you could give me the money today allready

nah my dick isn't wet and if i tried to fuck your son right now id probably kill him, just make sure he grows up nice and strong and plays sports and ill make the investment worth both your while

ok

I'd pick big / hot stocks (netflix / tesla / apple / or whatever is cool now). Then put part in bitcoin & ethereum.

25 years I'd literally buy it all on bitbean and let it sprout. Your son will be in for a wild ride.
Sprouting for 25 years will get you to about 5 times as many bitbeans, if you consider that both bitbean and btc stay the same, you are going to have at leat 5x as much by then

Holy shit, that cat's adorable.

VTI

Mr Money Mustache

Bogleheads

markets will crash in the next 2 years.

?

okay simple rules, should do the trick

Yup, yup.

Slow and steady growth. Be prepared to reign in your emotion, as markets go through natural business cycles (bull/bear) so you will see your investments go down.

A Vanguard Target Date fund is supersimple, but you could also make your own portfolio (bogleheads.org/wiki/Lazy_portfolios).

This article is cool because it shows you the effect of saving: mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

Though increasing your income is often overlooked by MMM.

I have a tip for saving money. Say you want to buy a stupid burger somewhere. "If you got paid $5 to not eat it, would you do it?"
Of course you would. So make some eggs at home and put that $5 to your kids' savings fund.

Second trick, start by saving 1% of your income. Automatic bank transfer.
Then the next month 2%
Then 3%... and so on. 5% should be plenty to set your kid up comfortably, but you can keep going and use the rest for your personal retirement.

If you have a 401k or TSP, put that up high to at least company match.

Here's another cool article:
awealthofcommonsense.com/2014/02/worlds-worst-market-timer/

personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundIntExt=INT&FundId=0970

i wonder how much mmm is receiving from vanguard. Probably a lot

forgot to say im from germany, i looked up and couldnt find the vanguard VTI - but i get the idea

>making babies with a cat
Race traitor.

I thought that you referred to the cat as your "son" and I was about to point out that he will be dead in 25 years..

bonds
index fund
small amount in crypto, keep an eye on it

That is an Owl.