Why is beef jerky so Expensive?

Let's stop crying about crypto for a minute and riddle me this :

why is beef jerky 10times more expensive in Europe than the states?
This shit is a amazing but its making me more poor than investing into shitcoin or beanie babies

Also excuse the potato pic, just Googled something on mobile for that

Have you tried making it yourself?
Still comes out quite costly,
Also, small market?

Not sure, would eat it more often if it was cheaper here.

How much does it cost?

its pretty expensive to make tbqh DESU

also its a way to preserve meat, it was never meant to be a dish or snack

I payed about 7 euros for 100 gram store bought in Luxembourg where i was on holiday.
It may be more expensive there, I'm not sure.

How's the beef price in Europe? Is the jerky mostly made in the US and shipped over there? Part of it could just be that's the price that people are willing to pay for a luxury item, but beef jerky isn't exactly cheap in the States if you ask me.

5 bucks for 50 grams, pal in the us quotes 14ish bucks for 500

For reference, weed is ~10€ per gram afaik

Amazon had a jack link's price mistake last year and I loaded up about $300 worth.

It came out to about 80 cents a pound and I had 8 garbage bag full of it.

This is my remaining bag and I have really gotten tired of it.

i have two different bags and from the UK.
one is 30g at £1.50
the other is £2.95 for 50g
kinda expensive desu but i like the 50g bag it's pretty good.

Send it to me please....

>you will never survive the zombie apocalypse by eating jerky out of a huge garbage bag you haul on your back

That's because Amerilards are sold guts mixed with plastic and all other kinds of toxic crap by their jew masters.

Meanwhile in Europe you get the real stuff because we have actual regulations and shit.

>Meanwhile in Europe you get the real stuff because we have actual regulations
Beef jerky is more expensive in Europe because they won't let you put horse meat in it.

god i know this feel. I am in canada where the only thing you can really buy here is that shit and some other nasty brands. I once ordered like 60$ worth of jerky from some place called blue ox jerky in america. Fuark that was good shit, that was my diet for a straight week. So the shits werent fun, but in that week i knew what real jerky tasted like. But honestly your best bet is just online retailers.

beef plants are native to north america so you are being upcharged because of importation costs

jack links is fucking disgusting.

South Africans do the best jerky.Biltong ftw

> I forgot what it's like to shit

It's pricey to make. You can DIY it cheaper than buying it, but you're still having to buy rump roast and dehydrate it.

Might be, pic us just random off Google
But my local store sells it too, some fitness places sell other brands (dunno why a place like that sell it, maybe it's low fat meat or some carb counting bs)
Can't Judge what I didn't eat sadly, I wish I had more and better selection of Beef jerky here, and cheaper ofc, don't care if it's horse meat, horse meat is good meat too

thats the shittest kind

This. It takes a fuckton of wet meat to make a little bags worth of dry.

>actually keeping it and not reselling for massive profit

do you even Veeky Forums?

Just HODL, it will moon

Beef jerky, the New crypto

>if it crashes you can always just eat it

Because America is fueled by beef. We have so much. Literally everything in between New York and Los Angeles is corn and beef.

>investing in beef jerky
Have fun being poor while those of us who invested in superior snacks ride our lambos. Pic related.

Go long on beef jerky.

>superior snacks
Pic related

Literally this.
Anyone not hodling atleast 1000 KPS deserves to b poor

Holy shit I love this thread, just turn beef jerky and knoppers into a crypto because Veeky Forums, im gonna print this and pin it on my wall holy shit you guys

Nice! Just bought 100k

Horse meat is very lean and would actually make great jerky.

Regarding horse meat;
You can slaughter horses for food in EU. But you can't in the US.

I think we are onto something Veeky Forums

We can do what the nignogs do and use tide as currency. Not even kidding. Google it

Prison currency m&m's

What exchange is it on?

bump

Farmersonly

In SA, Jerky is 4.55AUD
Like ~3.50USD

Asia has great jerky who knows what's in it pity the Aussie Gov are fascists when it comes to importing it :/ And it's fucking expensive here in comparison

Beef jerky is low in carbs, and high in protein and fat
Protein and fat are essential to a healthy human body, but carbs are just filler trash

>not carding beef jerky and other food

>2017

Elaborate

Beef jerky is still the most expensive snack aisle item in America that i can think of, even more costly than nuts despite you can’t eat half the bag cause it’s disgusting.
I use it to get my cat to come back inside and it works like a charm

Work with Zimbabweans, the one guy that doesn't exaggerate said none of this comes close to their jerky.

I've never had beef jerky before. Is it worth investing in?

MURICA

You bought nearly 400 pounds of jerky?

USA heavily subsidizes its farmers, and beef is one of the greatest beneficiaries. The burger is such a vital part of our identity that the government is fine pumping in billions of dollars just to ensure that Americans have a steady supply of beef. Beef jerky, of course, benefits due to the rising tide effect.

I make my own beef jerky and I live in Poland.

Jack Links (25g) is about $3 , other brand slightly cheaper. I'd say overall price would be around $80-100/kg

Cost of 1kg of good quality beef - $10. I usually get around 40% of weight after drying.

Overall cost of making 1kg of beef jerky at home (including other ingredients but not amortization of my $400 Excalibur dehydrator) - $34

Much cheaper and - without false modesty - much tastier than store bought.

He'd be right. They've got their shit together when it comes to jerky and you can't go back one you've had it.

what exchange is this on?

>white meat
>jerky

Bah kwa is like the Jack links of pork jerky.

Currently bagholding KPS when are we going to moon guys

Google "the pounder" wild ride jerky 20$ pretty gud imo

>you put everything into Lays in a beef market
JUST