Memes aside was he a good leader?

Memes aside was he a good leader?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icebreaker_(Suvorov)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was fantastic at obtaining and consolidating power. The ends to which he directed that absolute power were disastrous

No, he was an obsessed ideologue populist who destroyed his country in 5 years.
>muh racial theories
>muh anti-communism
>muh lebensraum and muh volk
>fuck what the generals say
>starts a war on all fronts that is bound to drain Germany's resources
>has to keep conquering stuff cause of need for more resources to conquer more stuff
>oh shit I'm in too deep, let's invade the USSR too :^)
>Germany gets gangraped by everyone and he kills himself
What do you think?

>anticommunism is a bad thing

Excellent leader

>muh anti-communism
nothing wrong with anti-communism

It is when it's your sole motivation for launching an invasion into the USSR that's bound to end in disaster. The fucker could have listened to his generals and gone for middle eastern oil, but noooo.

You

tell

me.

literally propaganda

so, no, he had no endgame other than "well, let's deal with these people now. and now these. and now - where is my army?" should have focused on destruction of beady eyed people, then destroying russia up to kyiv and then holding fast.

no, he lost and then killed himself

You dumbass, the soviets were on the verge of breaking the pact they had with Germany and attack Germans. Hitler attack the Soviets preemptively.

How is this even a question? He got Germany involved in an almost unwinnable war that killed millions of Germans and got part of the nation occupied by the Soviets for decades. Of course he wasn't a good leader.

Commieboos always get their panties in a bunch whenever Hitler is mentioned.

Shows you how well they have been subverted and subjugated to propaganda.

>You dumbass, the soviets were on the verge of breaking the pact they had with Germany and attack Germans. Hitler attack the Soviets preemptively.

Reddit.

Literally no evidence of this whatsoever. Good luck proving it when countless millions have tried before you.

Go read some stuff that isn't stormfag propaganda.

>he fucker could have listened to his generals and gone for middle eastern oil, but noooo.

1) His generals didn't recommend that
2) The middle-east wasn't that big of a producer of oil back then
3) He was in no position to drive the Brits out of North Africa anyway.

They were still recovering from the purges. The Soviets estimated that their army would not recover until at least 1945. It was a pre-emptive strike in the same way that punching a man with a broken leg will prevent him from maybe kicking you later.

Unproven hypothesizing, there's no record of anything pointing that a Soviet attack was imminent. It would probably happen at some point, but a preemptive strike, at the worst possible timing and with such fuckery in tactics, can't be called "good".
>Being that big of a fuckup that 2 million soviets steamroll your capital
>lel propaganda, he was a good leader

>self projecting as a plebbit

Suits you well

Kikefag propagandist goy detected

Ooo... you showed me. I'm sure you have some good evidence of the supposed imminent Soviet attack, right?

Very good Leader he will go down in history books as a legend.

>defending communists

Doubting the idea of an imminent Soviet attack on Nazi Germany isn't defending communists, you retard.

>let your lackeys get away with ruining economic growth
>take women out of work to put men in thus causing profits to fall
>provided money for births rather than fit sons
Yeah great leader

But it is synonymous with stupidity.

Communists wanted to conquer everyone, you moron

It's quite the opposite you dump /pol/lock, claim that Russia wanted to attack Germany is nothing more than an attempt to hide the M-R pact and paint Russia as great saviour of Europe

Still no evidence of an imminent Soviet attack, I see... I'm waiting.

Sure, in their hopes and dreams they would have ruled the world. Doesn't mean that the Soviets had any plans to attack Nazi Germany.

>Communists wanted to conquer everyone, you moron

Communism is directly opposed to imperialism.

>Global revolution

The revolution is the responsibility of the proletariat within each individual nation. It isn't the product of an outside entity.

LaughingRedArmy.webm

In theory, but as we have seen, not in practice. The stormfags are idiots, but you're not helping by trying to defend communism in this way. Communism in general isn't imperialist, but the Bolsheviks certainly were - in practice at least.

They would have justified it with some "the world is becoming capitalist, we MUST liberate them"

Don't kid yourself

I sense a distinct lack of argument.

Show us some evidence that the USSR had any serious invasion planned prior to Molotov-Ribbentrop in 1939. And beyond that, provide evidence that Stalin had any intention of invading Germany prior to Operation Barbarossa in 1941.

Without Molotov-Ribbentrop, it is quite doubtful that there would have been any soviet invasions. Stalin wasn't dumb enough to think he could take on all of Europe by himself.

>I sense a distinct lack of argument.
Red army soldiers helping the proletariat from Finland to Czechoslovakia doesn't count as argument?

Never would have happened without Molotov-Ribbentrop.

Great leader.

However, he messed up strategy. Should have really made peace in 1942 and accepted a win without total final victory.

And I'm referring to the negotations between Ribentrop and Molotov via Sweden, not some made up 'he should have made peace'.

Wrong, he should have stopped at czechoslovakia

Neither would our little shitposting, point?

Even ignoring the retarded ideology and stupid strategic decisions, his leadership style itself was horrible. He was great at riling up bloodthirsty crowds, but terrible at actually managing his subordinates.

Seriously. If he had stopped at this point, he would have still controlled a huge amount a territory.

He isn't as bad as most people say and not as good as stormcucks say

No because he pooped his underwear during the time he was in power, and not just once!!!

How can anyone who destroys their own country and causes it to be divided for 60 years by foreign powers be considered a "good leader"

Not to mention his drug problems. Those were really something.

He was good at making people follow but bad at actually leading them

I'm one of the people who is arguing that the USSR probably wasn't planning to attack Nazi Germany. However, there is no doubt that the USSR was imperialist. They attacked a number of countries before 1941.

The last pair of pictures should be switched

He wasn't a good war time leader now were all his peacetime actions that wise.

No, he just happened to be so hands off that he happened to get extremely competent ministers who fixed his inadequacies. All in all he was more of a liability than an asset, except for his public persona.

He did it st least 5 times in the summer of 1941, which was documented by more than one person. They can't all be fabricating that fact. He did it so much that they had to make important military decisions without him for 2 weeks.

Basically all the economic miracles he supposedly did can be put squarely on the feet of Hjalmar Schacht who later got sacked for disagreeing with Hitler...

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icebreaker_(Suvorov)
Unless you consider this "stormfag propaganada"

Rezun is an ukrainian jew with no background in history.

>t. history pro

>Germany controlled Luxembourg in 1939

He was a meme leader.

>A noteworthy rebuttal of Suvorov's thesis is contained in Colonel David Glantz's work Stumbling Colossus: The Red Army on the Eve of World War. Glantz views Suvorov's argument as "incredible" on a variety of fronts: first, Suvorov rejects without examination classified ex-Soviet archival material, and makes highly selective picks from memoirs. Glantz points to this as a serious methodological flaw. Further, Glantz argues, Suvorov's thesis is strongly contradicted both by ex-Soviet and German archival material, and the facts do not support the argument that the Red Army was prepared to invade Germany.[1] On the contrary, the appalling lack of readiness, poor training level, and abysmal state of deployments show that the Red Army was unprepared for static defense, much less large-scale offensive operations. Glantz's conclusion is that "Stalin may well have been an unscrupulous tyrant, but he was not a lunatic."

>David Brandenberger notes that recently published pre-1941 German analysis of Soviet military readiness also does not support the major Icebreaker's thesis demonstrating that Soviet preparations were assessed to be "defensive" by German intelligence."

>Although Suvorov claims that an attack date of July 6, 1941 had been selected, this is contradicted by the evidence as presented by Glantz and others. There were no stockpiles of fuel, ammunition, and other stores held in forward areas as would have been needed if an invasion was about to be mounted. Major ground units were dispersed into small garrisons rather than being concentrated at railheads, as they would have been had they been preparing an invasion. Units were not co-located with their own transportation assets, leaving, for example, major artillery units immobile. Over 50% of all Soviet tanks required major maintenance on June 22, 1941. If an invasion were being planned, these maintenance tasks would have been completed.

No.

>propped up the entire economy by turning it into a military/industrial complex and it created countless jobs, which is all fine and dandy if you're at constant war, but if you're not, eventually tanks are gonna be worthless and your economy is gonna collapse. Germany would've been bankrupt by 1950(probably a lot sooner).
>Plunged the country and the world into another World War which cost the lives of 5 million Germans and destroyed the country
>Generally autistic. Sacked people who disagreed with him and surrounded himself with autistic yes men.

Such an unusual man! I hope I don't do it by the time I turn 56.

Excellent politician.
Terrible Strategist.