You are transported to 17th century London

What do?

Move to Virginia since I am Virginian.
Sure I am likely to die of illness or starve to death, but the chance of building a nation greatly appeals to me.

I actually read a theory that despite the common belief of dying to illnesses, we would have a natural resistance to all of the diseases as we are descendants of people who lived trough them. It was pretty interesting but I'm not an expert on the topic so I don't know if it's true or not. So your sad time travel fantasy of dying to disease wouldn't necessarily come true.

>So your sad time travel fantasy of dying to disease
the fuck are you talking about m8

The thread is by all means about time travel. Haven't you met the smartasses who always mention they'd just die to disease? There's 2 in this thread already.

first make myself a smallpox vaccination, it is surprisingly easy to do that.
then prove my method
become rich with vaccinations and a member of the royal society
then invest heavily in the invention of textile machines
kickstart the industrial revolution early
By this create a dynasty of ultra-rich individuals who rule the world economy to this very day.

Since my senpai was minor noble make preperations to succeed in the industrial revolution instead of become a victim of it.

Move to Reading because I'm from Reading and Cromwell fucked us over so the land is cheap

>smallpox vaccine
you mean cow pox vaccine right

>it is surprisingly easy to do that.

>find newtom
>rape his tiny little boipussy
>kill him
>develop calculus
>expand upon it by incorporating 18th century mathematics to teach that german cookie faggot a lesson
>write up the theory of gravity
>love off a stipend and catch syphilis from fucking ugly anglo broads into my old age
>also, get drunk a lot

it is tho, you find some milk maids with cow pox, slice open their pustules with a clean knife, and smear the pus onto someones wrist

Why do you think developing vaccines even with modern technology is a slow and costly process if you could alternatively just "smear some pus"?

Exactly, an infection with the harmless cow pox will provide a protection against smallpox.
A bit of scurf or infected fluid from a cow or humans having smallpox will do the trick.

Thats by the way why the whole thing is called Vaccine and Vaccination coming from the latin word vaccinus (from the cow) and the whole process was figured out in the 18th century.

Just start your own cow pox culture, and apply it with a small cut into the skin of your patients and your done.

because in most cases it is much more complicated than in the case of cow-pox / small pox where you have a ready made micro-organism of the same family like smallpox, just with much less virulent and pathogenic effects.

Why don't you read a bit about the history of smallpox and vaccination and then come back when you know the facts?

Vaccines for smallpox aren't expensive, because you can just use cow pox as user suggested. OTOH, smallpox isn't what will kill any of us who travel back in time, since we're all already vaccinated against it. The plague will be the one to watch out for, as well as diseases such as the Red Death and the Flux, which are unknown to modern science but probably some variant of ebola.

Most of us are not vaccinated against smallpox anymore, at least not if you where born after the early sixties.
On the other hand, your ancestors survived all those plages and gave you part of their immune system as their inheritance. You likely have the most advanced immune system of the period.

so it that why Indians can bath in literal shit and not get sick? Their immune systems really must be the masterrace

i'm vaccinated.
develop the assembly line, steam engine, compressed air tools, hydraulic tools, minie ball, nirtrided paper, falling block breech loading, and percussion cap.

take my fortune and set up the industrial revolution in the colonies too.

>Before 1666
Move out of London
>After 1666
Make them believe that it was the French who where responsible for the fire and watch them kill each other

Hang out with Bill Shakespeare prolly. After a few years I'd probably open a comfy coffeeshop/tavern and start a fire to stop the plague and use it to introduce the concept of Property/Casualty insurance and sell it out of my coffeeshop/tavern.

>implying a time traveler didn't start the fire to put an end to the plague and use it to introduce the concept of Property/Casualty insurance.

Assassinate Oliver Cromwell

You make it sound simple but it's definitely not just smearing shit into wounds.

potato?

Get a ship

Yes, it is exactly that simple, save you don't use shit but infected tissue or body liquid.
Seriously hombre, go read that shit up!

>17th century London
>pic is clearly from 19th century

Wouldn't you need to actually administer the amount of pathogen too to make an efficient vaccine? No matter how I look at it, user messing shit up with a knife doesn't sound like a recipe for a success.

damn i never saw a case that bad

fuck a bunch of syphilis infested Pollies & Dorrises

Invent the Nuke

cow pox is closely related to small pox, an infection will trigger a mild reaction in the human body without serious effects, but it will adjust the immune system to the organism for life. this mechanism also protects from small pox because of the close relation.
Getting infected with cow pox is easy, go find a cow with cow pox, scrub of a bit infected tissue from a pustule, make a small incision into your own skin, rub in the scurf of the cow, and its done.

This was how vaccination was invented in the 18th century. Go read it up if you don't believe me.

I would become a mercenary, join the thirty years war and rape some german girls

grunt and walk angrily

keep calm and regicide

>regicide
Fetched from his prison cell on the morning of 28 March 1757, Damiens allegedly said "La journée sera rude" ("The day will be hard").He was first subjected to a torture in which his legs were painfully compressed by devices called "boots" He was then tortured with red-hot pincers; the hand with which he had held the knife during the attempted assassination was burned using sulphur; molten wax, molten lead, and boiling oil were poured into his wounds. He was then remanded to the royal executioner, Charles Henri Sanson, who harnessed horses to his arms and legs to be dismembered. But Damiens' limbs did not separate easily: the officiants ordered Sanson to cut Damiens' tendons, and once that was done the horses were able to perform the dismemberment.[8][9][10] Once Damiens was dismembered, to the applause of the crowd, his reportedly still-living torso was burnt at the stake.[11] (Some accounts say he died when his last remaining arm was removed.

they gonna get medieval on ya ass!

GOD SAVE KING CHARLES

THE AXE FALLS

become jack the ripper

I beg your pardon, but that's not the 17th century at all.

Right, it is the 18th century, you cannot expect them to be this clement in the 17th century, likely they will castrate you with a red glowing knife and also blind you. Maybe they also pour molten lead into your Anus.

They'll only make you Lord Protector.

Purchase a fire extinguisher.

touché

Did you know that there exists a comicbook series where Godzilla is the cause of this conflagration?

kill yourself

Join the Levellers