How do you cope being poor Veeky Forums?

How do you cope being poor Veeky Forums?

I know some of you are quite well to do, so let me share with you what it feels like to be poor.

You feel claustrophobic, like you are stuck in a barren dim room, the walls are closing in on you and the room starts feeling smaller and smaller, you are stuck in this room with 5 of the people you dislike the most in the entire world but you need each others performance to survive.

It is a constant feeling of anxiousness, anger and defeat.

Is crypto your way out?

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's a feeling of being limited. At the moment I'm too broke to buy groceries and my bank balance is in the negatives so I've not left the house since Friday when I got back from work and took the day off on Monday because I have no money for the train which will end up costing me even more because I'm not getting paid for that day.

Life is miserable.

I am in Germany and I have been living on less than 500 Euros per month for almost a year now (only 130 goes to daily expenses the rest are rent, health insurance, etc). I cope with it because I am working on improving my skills by spending my time reading books, networking, learning, and making a somebody out of myself. I know there is a way out and I don't intend to just give up and cry about it. God gave me a brain so I will use it to its maximum and beyond.

poor here too, feel the exact same way
>21 year old autist
>live with parents after failing out of college from partying
>try to get a job
>parents say no, they'll take care of my money needs and we have events to go to anyway
>dont have the heart to tell them i dont want to go
>barely any food in the house because they put 90% of the paycheck away for these events i hate going to (but feel bad for not because theyre nice)
>give me 50 dollars for 2 weeks of living
>always hungry, never enough cash to go drinking with friends
>apply to jobs without telling them
>mom cries and i decline the offers because i feel bad
I might just join the military and run away from it all, because im too much of a bitch to tell my parents no because while theyre idiots, i love them and they want to help.

I wish there was some way to earn money online, not much, just some would be nice.

Was thinking of learning jap and translating stuff, but I doubt there would be any real demand for it to make money.

Are you legitimately autistic? Seems like your parents are over protective for someone as old as you

>No mention of virginity.
Get out Chads. You don't know poverty unless you're poor and ugly as well.

Never been tested, but im always worried i am because something doesn't seem right. I dont have potato face though so i think im fine.
They fucked up my life pretty bad, think they just feel bad about it but i always tell them it's fine.

If I was American and in similar situation, I would totally join military. GL user

>"events"

sounds religious, elaborate maybe?

I cope by posting my address every few days. The idea that I might wake up to a bit of extra cash keeps me going.
1C7xce9bg4FQ6sH4HDgj7qURwxn3ELkGdk

>tfw not poor but not filthy rich either
is 20k bongs good savings for a 22yo

WTF man? No event with my parents would want me to do this. Is there sex involved?

Thanks mate, been saving the 50 dollars to take the entrance test.
Nah, they're religious but they've never made me go to church or anything.
They go to a really shitty beach apartment for the weekend, or to our home state for like 3 days (they pay like 300 dollars for a lady to watch the dogs when i could be doing it for free and not going). Dinner theater once, but i put my foot down on that because it was the worst 3 hours i've ever experienced.
sex with my parents? thats a negatory.

i'm poor
my mother works for 300 eur per month
i have no father
and I've been a neet for 3 years now due to health issues.
despite being chronically ill the social support system won't recognise me as an invalid as I lack 5 years of work experience, which is required for my age group
even if it does - i'd still be poor
most of the time I just want to kill myself
I'm actually past the point where I would envy rich people
I don't actually believe that I'll ever be happy
even with a lambo

Poverty is brutal but if... IF you escape it... the lessons it teaches you are things that spoiled richfags will never understand.

I have clawed my way up from poverty-- the worst is when I had no job, no income, and had to
depend on gf for everything... housing, groceries spending money. At that time I didn't feel like a man at all (let alone a "player" playing a woman for money)... just felt like the biggest scumbag loser of all time.

Also if you are younger count your blessings. When you are early 20s a certain level of poverty (not full multi-generational 3rd-world poverty, idk about that, I mean just failure to find work and no savings or money from parents) can be bohemian or an adventure. When you are older and your knees/back hurt and you are poor that is a whole different level of hell.

My mom raised 4 children on welfare, maybe around $800 a month was all we got plus food stamps.

The feeling of being poor means I will always feel different than everyone else. I've been in college for many years, and most of my classmates have been well off. Its hard to talk to normal people without lying. Nobody wants to hear "I'm poor" as an excuse.

Its something like being batman. I have to try to fit in with everyone else if I want to reach my goals and have a career, but at the same time I have to struggle and become stronger than what is expected so I can move forward and overcome all the bullshit being poor gives me.

I am poor. Life isn't easy. I can't have what I want. I must always work harder than others. When my teeth hurt, I take pain killers. When I want to leave work because I am having a really bad panic attack, I don't because I need the money.

Lol youre on social pay. Does your tax go to african immigrants too ?

>social pay
No I am not, I am a foreign student from a poor country and that alone makes me ineligible for any kind of social pay. I knew the risks when I came to Germany but it makes me very happy that my skills here are appreciated unlike the shithole I came from (currently doing my master thesis in data analytics). So it is only a matter of time before I graduate and start contributing back to this great nation.

I used to be a NEET, but then I learned webdev and now I have a job. I get 1600 euro (before taxes) per month. Not much, but better than neetbux.

Would you guys generally agree that being poor is usually linked to being dumb?

I don't really know any smart poor people. I'm personally very wealthy and definitely above average intellect.

>$50 to take entrance exam for military

I feel Crypto is a superficial option. It is not giving me any concrete gain but it gives me a sense of thrill in my otherwise dull world.

I hope this bear market ends soon.

There's definitely a significant correlation between intelligence and wealth and income. Not 1:1, obviously, but very significant. Sure, you've got super geniuses who are post-docs making $30k/year and multi-million/year hedge fund managers who are merely very bright, but there's a pretty strong correlation.

The funny thing is a lot of these minimum wage poorfags don't realize the extraordinary gap in intelligence between themselves and the top. The jobs they do can be done by 16 year olds with no special skills very well after a week of training. The positions they hold are entirely replaceable and involve following a rote set of tasks or being told what to do by supervisors who keep them under close scrutiny. These people tend to have mental functions closer to children and naturally they're treated that way, with lots of hand holding, close supervision and positions that are redundant and don't require too much responsibility.

It's not only intelligence however, it's a myriad of other factors that makes a wealthy person.

Mainly attitude, work ethic and connections. But its becoming more and more necessary to depend on connections to acquire enough opportunity to make money.

Being poor has a stigma to it in our society, it's the modern leprosy.

On mobile, but i definetly do have to take a test before i can join. They pre-tested me when i went to the recruitment office and said i did above average so i shouldnt have to study