Housing Market

When is the housing market going to crash again like it did in 2008? House prices are currently retarded in this cuck state and I've been hoping for a crash to buy a house (in foreclosure if possible) but the market seems too good at the moment

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/08/17/us/politics/obama-administration-warns-beijing-about-agents-operating-in-us.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As long as govs allow mass immigration and hot foreign money to buy up homes to launder money...not soon

Never?
Politicians are okay with open borders for a reason, and immigrants will need somewhere to stay

new home sales/new home starts/existing home sales will show a significant decline leading up to a crash. 2017 doesn't show such a decline.... perhaps next year

Want to know this also. I'm in the US.

For 250k now I can afford a 2bd shared wall condo. I would like a 3bd and a garage separated house but those cost 400k here.

the economy will crash in 2019-2020, be patient, don't rush to buy anything big

Are you in California by any chance? It burns me that the Syrian refugees get free apartments down the street but I have to live with parents because I make like $12/hour and can't afford even the cheapest apartment. Thinking about learning Arabic and larping as a refugee for the gibs

No. Metropolitan real estate areas are so expensive because of high demand, not because of a bubble. In the long run, housing may decline due to millennials having so many student loans. If they have this debt burden hanging over their heads, millennials may not buy houses and continue to rent.

if you only make 12 dollars a hour in california it means you're a tard who never went to college or did anything useful.

I'm in Jersey and houses are retarded in my area. I'm 23 and not trying to get a frickin mansion or anything. I want a simple 2 bedroom 2 car garage that's not old as shit. Looking for around 250k and the fact that it's hard to find one in this state is bullshit. I looked in ohio for shits and giggles and can get a gorgeous house for 250k easily

In HS many years ago somehow the administration thought I was a poor Mexican student. I never corrected them because I got free pizza on the regular.

Like in 2008 when illegals were reaching peaks
Like in 2008 when said immigrants needed a place to stay so they took out loans they couldn't afford to pay back

The only thing that's sustaining the boom is chinese money, without it, we would have seen a hard correction that makes housing prices normalize.

If chinks economy tanks, that's when US housing collapses.

What should an 18 year old invest in today if the market will just crash in a year or two? Should I just save my money then invest after the crash? I want to take advantage of compound interest while I'm young.

Time in the market beats timing the market. Just put your money in a Bogleheads three-fund portfolio. 75% US stocks (say, buy VTSMX which is an indexd fund with a

Somewhere between "three-fund portfolio" and "buy these two funds" I thought I had explained that I wouldn't bother with a bond fund as an 18 year old, but apparently I only imagined writing that.

It's not going to crash anytime soon. You're 18? Just put money into a vanguard s&p500 every month. You'll thank me when you're a richfag later in life.

Sage advice

If you seriously think a crash is coming, buy gold and silver. Just look at what happened to their prices last crash. Then you can sell when they peak during the crash, and buy cheap real estate.

Goddamned, this is cheap as fuck. Here 350k gets us a 1br apartment in a bad part of town. 3br + garage separated house start at 1m.

You can never sell it for a profit. Don't fall for the gold meme. It's just some scam shit for old guys that watch Fox News

WHO DO I BELIEVE

Look at the 30-year price history of precious metals. They spike from time to time and are otherwise flat. In other words, even if they were liquid and easy to obtain and store, they'd be a shitty investment. But they're not, as says you can't actually buy or sell small amounts of physical gold without getting an extremely shitty rate on both sides. Precious metals don't pay dividends, they have basically no use, and the markets are shallow and manipulated.

On the other hand look at the historic performance of the S&P, or the specific funds that I listed (though the funds are only a decade old or so). They pay dividends because they're investments in actual productive businesses.

Or just take a vote, you have me and and all saying to do the S&P thing, vs who only said "if you believe you can see the future, buy gold and silver".

do your own research.

I was going to say exactly this. The housing market is being fueled by foreign cash. It's why you're seeing so many Asian property buyers and 'american' LLCs that seem so interested in the property market. For some reason Cash is unwelcome in just about any market except for real-estate where you can still show up with 600,000 in small denominations and not look like a drug kingpin. Chinese drug money comes in, is used to buy houses in the US. Sell house to self, take laundered money back to China, claim a profit in American housing market. It's sad, many such cases. Of course, all it really does is drive up housing costs for regular Americans, not that our shit eating government gives a fuck about them. You just rinse and repeat until the Chinese government sends agents to the US to collect your drug dealing, corrupt, thieving ass. (see article)
nytimes.com/2015/08/17/us/politics/obama-administration-warns-beijing-about-agents-operating-in-us.html