I am an employee at a driving range/restaurant

I am an employee at a driving range/restaurant.
I am also about to start going to school for marketing.
Am trying to convince the managers at my bar to shell out the enormous fee for ppv of the big fight.
Just wondering if anybody knows the amount a typical bar restaurant would make for this type of thing?

Find out how much it costs for u to show it

From google on how much they charged people to show Paciao / Mayweather

"A sports bar can’t just pay the $89.95 pay-per-view fee, open the doors to a few hundred eager boxing fans, and then reap profits. That’s because bars have to purchase a special license from a company called J&J Productions, which handles selling the rights to the fight to commercial venues. And what do those licenses run? We put in a call to J&J and pretended to be a bar owner looking to buy the fight, and this is the quote we got:

“Prices are determined according to the fire code’s limit for the business. if it holds 200 people, this event will be $6,500. for 500 people it will be $15,500. We have a program that gives us a price when we put the fire code limit into it.”
That’s a lot of money, man. If a 200-capacity bar buys this fight, it would need to pack the house and then have each patron spend at least $32 in order to break even (and that’s setting aside the bar’s usual expenses)."

The maximum capacity is 200 people. And that will typically cost about 6'g$ the production company that handles that stuff is off today so can't get a definite price but from what I've seen that's the avarage.

Probably a losing proposition if just viewed as one night p/l. Could benefit you in the long run though driving patrons to your bar and establishing yourselves as a place to come and watch these sorts of events.

I wouldn't touch it, but you haven't really given out a lot of info about your place.

Amount of people that can fit into the bar * 2,5 drinks * profit from a drink - fee for ppv = maximum profit

Solve the equation for yourself. If you are sure that the amount of people is enough to at leadt cover the costs, then do it.

>I am also about to start going to school for marketing.

Marketingfag here. This is kind of off topic, but one of the absolute BEST things you can do for yourself is to start learning about Inbound Marketing.

Hubspot offers a free course with certification included. Go check it out.

See here's the thing I'm just. A lowly employee trying to propose this idea to higher ups. I don't even know if they'll go for something like this i just was hoping for some advice. And thank you. What other information would you like to know?

>shelling out dough for a 1st round knockout

This fight is a scam

What other info would be helpful?

Agreed but when i was in FL for the may/paq fight you could not get into a bar i finally found one 10 miles up the road and it was standing room only and had to pay 50 just to get into the door. This started by wanting to work the night of the fight then i was told we won't have it so I'm trying to see if it'd be worth it.

>Could benefit you in the long run though driving patrons to your bar and establishing yourselves as a place to come and watch these sorts of events.
This is true. There was only one bar in my college town (out of like 30) that would show big PPV fights, and it was packed wall-to-wall for every fight.

What's the theme of your place? Is it focused on being mostly a restaurant, or is there a large bar that is usually occupied? What's the capacity and what % of that is usually reached on a saturday night? Do you serve all types of alcohol or just beer and wine? Do you have bar food/what kind of food do you serve? Do you have security to handle rowdy drunk fight fans? What state are you in? Is the place doing well enough to spend money on possibly losing propositions? Can you really influence the managers to buy this ppv or are you just larping/overestimating your influence?

Those are just a few off the top of my head, but for fuck's sake man all info is helpful so please tell us as much as you can.

Thinking of some more:

Do you think your patrons would pay a cover charge to watch? even if it's just $5-10 you'll make some back. Will you try to advertise that you'll be showing the fight? printing off flyers and handing them out at a local campus, or similar place with lots of people. What's the average age of your patrons and what's the gender ratio?

I just read into this a bit and holy shit, this is one of the biggest goddamn rackets I've ever seen.

If I were one of the bars caught up in that bullshit I'd counter-sue that bullshit all the way to SCOTUS. Who the fuck are they to tell me what I can and cannot show in my bar on equipment I own?

Alright in order,
Mission statement good food and good times.
Golf vibes because well 1/2 driving range. (has screens outside)
Fridays are more popular than say but the Max ive seen is about 125/200 but we've never had an event like this.
It is more of a restaurant than a bar, but the bar is always packed.
We serve all types of alcohol, 5$ ipa's and like 6-8$ shots.
Food is good but a bit expensive talk in 14$ burgers glorified bar food for the most part specialty pizzas that sort of thing.
We deliver the food to the bar and to the golf bays.
No security, but once again these types of events haven't happened before to my knowledge.
Located in northern PA.
The place does very well financially.
People don't usually leave with less than 40$ checks for food alone.
I'm favored by about 3/4ths of the managers so i believe to have some sway if i can make a convincing enough argument.
I believe the patrons would pay a cover as long as it was advertised properly which i would try to oversee (as long as it would remain in my hands)
The age ratio varies but the average demographic would be male 30's well off with a group of friends in the same range.
Gender ratio is usually about 65/35.
Phew.

I don't think something like Top Golf is the best venue for a fight.

Not like top golf

Broadcasting rights, which is a thing in the US at least.
You'd get fucked six ways from sunday on those grounds alone, forget about the high-profile lawyers that they can send your way.

Of course, that happens only if they find out, which could happen if you're promoting the fight that is sure to pack your bar to an unusual occupancy.

Sounds like it to meeee

I would say go for it then.