Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r6OQCncAiC8
youtube.com/watch?v=oSQJ2ULuhb8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Project_Number_One
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>liberals are leftist

I want this meme to end

>Leftist
What the fuck happened to calling someone left leaning or just 'the left'?

Why does everything have to be an -ism now?

God I hate modern politics

t. /leftypol/

You birthed this cancer and you will live with it until the end of your days.

Almost all artists are leftists. The famous ones you hear about, anyways.

Yo dude chill, I've never even been on /leftypol/, I'm just saying I don't like this trend of turning everything into an -ism.

>Why are musicians usually leftist?
Fear

the rise of /pol/ and their worldview has done colossal damage to political discourse

Political discourse doesn't exist, only war

just typical bleeding heart retardation for the most part.

Eric Clapton got drunk one night in the 80s and said Enoch Powell was right though

Right wingers can't into art

The best writers are right-wing. Chesterton, Tolkien, Hawthorne, Lovecraft
, etc . And this isn't even getting into the pre-French revolution era.

>The best writers are right-wing. Chesterton, Tolkien, Hawthorne, Lovecraft
Horrible taste.

You could have at least said someone like Goethe.

>Tolkien
>right wing
what? He said he leaned mostly towards anarchy, plus he hated the nazis

youtube.com/watch?v=r6OQCncAiC8

but by all means, your shitty pop music is much better. SUPPORT THE EU!

>usually leftist
[citation needed]
Just golly

>pic related

lol reminds me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=oSQJ2ULuhb8

>The best writers are right-wing. >Chesterton, Tolkien, Hawthorne, Lovecraft
>

I enjoy ripping on /pol/ too, but this has been going on a long time.

Because the music industry is Jewish.

inb4 "I know one gentile in the music industry"
inb4 "I know one non-leftist Jew"

Fuck off with your anecdotal 'evidence'

What is it you want, a dump of conservative musicians? Or are you expecting people to take your generalisation seriously?

It's probably a young person thing. Generally young people are more enthusiastic about music and maybe social about it, going to concerts and participating in musical culture. The same is true of a lot of leftist activism. It's something people have a nice time with, but then do something else with their lives when they get older, typically. But it's usually the same age group in the audience at concerts and at activist marches. That's probably it.

Monarchical anarchism some would say. He was very anti-state but that does not automatically make him a commie.

define leftism

go on.

Daily reminder that Roger Waters IS NOT a fan of the State of Israel.

because they're not business managers nor economists nor number-oriented-people

Most none liberal artists are smart enough to keep their fucking mouths shut.

Can't be creative and be a prudish utilitarian at the same time.

Two of those guys aren't right wing and Chesterton helped influence the Nazi ideology. I'll agree with Lovecraft though.

That's the wrong question to ask. The correct question is:

Why are leftist musicians advertised and promoted?

Tolkien was a hardcore traditionalist. Because most people are ignorant they conflate traditionalism with authoritarianism or totalitarianism when in reality the amount of freedoms the traditional man had would blow our mind compared to today.

>Two of those guys aren't right win
Which two? Not traditionalist catholic Tolkien or Right-wing Hawthorne.

>Tolkien
see >Hawthorne
He despised the puritans and was all about the shame he felt for being related to them.

That post is wrong. Tolkien was a traditionalist catholic.

>He despised the puritans and was all about the shame he felt for being related to them.
Which has nothing to do with his political leanings which were right-wing.

>literal white guilt is right wing

>hating anti-traditionalist protestants somehow is White guilt
hating puritans is one of the most right wing things you could do.

>Chesterton helped influence Nazi idealogy

care to explain?

Hawthorne is right wing because he was a conservative with reactionary tendency. However he felt about puritans had little to do with that as puritans are just a weird group in history.

All four of those guys are right wing. Study them.

Neither are a lot of Jews.

Most intellectuals are leftist because leftism gives power, money and influence to intellectuals.

During the New Deal, for example, the Works Progress Administration subsidized musicians, among other artists.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Project_Number_One

See And pretty much anyone else worth his salt. The exception might be American revolutionary writers like Ben Franklin who might have been seen as liberal by their time. Though by today's standards they'd be far right.

They weren't, prior to the 1950's.

>Federal Music Project
>In addition to performing thousands of concerts, offering music classes, organizing the Composers Forum Laboratory, hosting music festivals and creating 34 new orchestras, employees of the FMP researched American traditional music and folk songs, a practice now called ethnomusicology.
Seems like important cultural work.

Is some rural bard playing tarantella left wing? I think OP your premise is false.

Because they're fans are dumb children of baby boomers 80% of famous musicians is smart marketing theory

But I'm confused. Doesn't leftist economics give more power and influence to the poor and oppressed? That's what they always fight for.

>tfw favorite band usually stays far away from politics
>mfw they recently joined a planned parenthood benefit
Kill me

>what is beach boys
>what is Neil young
>what is the animals
>what is jimi Hendrix
>what is bob Dylan
Yea no

New Deal isn't "leftist economics"

My unsubstantiated guess is that the new and novel is what brings artists to succeed, and new political ideas appeal to the same type of person as new art styles and interpretations.

>believing this
Lmaoooo

People who don't understand economics are left-wing by default, and very few musicians have an understanding of economics. The more economic understand a person has, the more they drift to the right.

Yea that's why they have 5 different accountants and lose all their money by 40 even right wing artists don't get it

For this to be an adequate rebuttal, there would need to be a total of no more than 10 musicians/bands in the world.

Who

I heard John Lennon was right wing and all that hippie talk was oppurtunist drivel $$$

Not to turn this into a /mu/ thread, but Foo Fighters

Most intelligent folks are.
Conservatives in the US are regressive as fuck and typically less well educated.
Conservative voters tend to see the world in black and white, think long arguments and expertise are evidence of conspiracy rather than an effort to explain nuanced reality.
I'm just being honest.

>Foo Fighters
>favorite band

I got made fun of in the 8th grade for saying this.

By the 9th grade, I'd discovered Nirvana

I find it difficult to comprehend how somebody could be an adult and have the Foo Fighters as their favorite band.

They aren't even bad, they're just extremely vanilla. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Unironically this.

Also, the reason they hate academia and "mainstream media" is primarily because those are institutions that exist to find independent truth and that interferes with the right wing's identity politics.

There's more to the right-wing than just typical religious conservatives. Free-market advocates, as well as nationalist reactionaries, both tend to be more intelligent than normal liberals.

>hey your opinions are wrong hehe
Like I said, not trying to turn this into a /mu/ thread. Arguing over what music is better is like me trying to convince you what flavor of ice cream you like the most.

Where even is leftypol? I type that in the url and nothing comes up. It's not even listed on the sites front page.

I'm not even telling you your opinions are wrong, just unexpected.

Trump got the majority of college educated whites

Traditionalism =/= rightwing

If it seems like most "intelligent folks" are leftists, it's because the current climate in the US and the West supports the leftist worldview. Most educated, intelligent people in places such as Japan would be considered far-right fascists in the West because of their xenophobia. The culture of Japan has not embraced multiculutralism like the West and so the intellectuals in Japan do not embrace it. The most intelligent people in a culture are usually just a reflection of the culture's values.

Traditionalism is right wing. Capitalism and liberalism aren't.

No traditionalism is not on the spectrum. There are leftist tradionalists and nationalists.

>There are leftist tradionalists and nationalists.
The original dichotomy was right wing = monarchism, left wing = liberalism. People have attempted to twist it ever since but if right-wing has any meaning at all it's synonymous with reactionary and traditionalist ideology.

Please, my cousin is Japanese born and raised there. He's a damn genius, but his views are pretty typical leftist. He even complained that Japan is not diverse enough.

>anecdotal story
That's nice but has no value to the discussion.

right-wing and left-wing literally have no meaning anymore

the world would be better off if we dumped this useless spectrum into the dustbin of history

Reminder that anime posters can be safely ignored

t.underagers

Radical centrism is the future.

In Japan theres a pretty big generational difference in political views, and it leans either apolitical or leftist. The only reason they have a rightwing government is cause young people don't vote.

Purging of sjw and pol when?

Lots of money and a complete lack of real world experience in regular jobs.

Roger Waters is very anti-Israel and has been frequently condemned by various Jewish groups in Britain.

Fuck off to /pol/ with your victim mentality.

>implying Roger doesn't want to gas the kikes.

Get woke faggot.

Because artists are generally leftist.

The reason for this is that the majority of artists is poor and even the successful ones were usually poor at some point in their lives and always in the position to justify their existence to their family and friends who'd rather have them do something "proper" that pays the bills - which is the conservative position - rather than take the risk of chasing their "unrealistic" dreams; this alone alienates artists from conservatives.
The political left wants to make life easier for the poor and install social safety nets that make sure that people won't fall as hard if things don't work out. Naturally this appeals to people who do something of which they don't yet know whether it will pay their bills.

>The best writers
>Chesterton, Tolkien, Hawthorne, Lovecraft
*tips fedora*

Music, acting and the arts in general are professions where the majority of people don't make it. In order to make it, you usually have to spend a lot of time in a very precarious position, which people are often willing to do because such professions inspire dedication in a way that others don't. This is also why these industries are comparatively very under unionized.

I am not certain, but it seems like living in a position of hardship like that for a while and knowing lots of people still in that position will lead people to think handouts from the state are a good thing, even when the thing that necessitates them is self inflicted. I imagine they think their own time would have been easier with handouts, and don't think beyond that immediate consequence.

Other than that it goes without saying it's far easier for celebrities to support "liberal" political views in public without getting attacked by everyone. Why the media establishment attacks non-liberal views is unclear, but it might have something to do with a big state being in the interests of big businesses, who hold all the influence here.

Because the industry is left leaning, duh.

their careers depend on being popular, no one finds being told what they need to hear entertaining

Creative ability lends itself to being against the status quo.

Creatives are often against the political systems of the day, regardless of what it is. They always take the edgiest shit. In times of liberalism, creatives are either leftists or fascists.

If leftism continues to become more dominant, you will likely see a new breed of creatives who have anti-left ideas, as we are already starting to see.

Of course, artists promoted by the establishment will often share establishment values (but not always)

Simple reason, the arts simply can't exist with patronage. It never has existed. Sure, under capitalism, some, very few, artists manage to survive in the market place, but that is becoming increasingly hard, especially for artists and musicians with creative integrity who don't just want to make mass marketable crap.

Back in the old days, artists and musicians were usually funded by one or two wealthy patrons, nobles.

Now, artists and musicians have to rely on state welfare and/or grants to fund their development of a skill.

Expert artists don't really don't have time for full time day jobs. It is a myth to say that all artists should have a day job. They often do, but if learning your skill or talent, practising it, and promoting it, is AT LEAST a part time job in itself.

>they are creatyv special snowflakes

Artists are bad politicians though. At best they are just glorified cheerleaders, introducing people into non-mainstream topics. At worst they kill reason and turn people to useless melancholia (like, a lot of critically-acclaimed rock albums are nihilist and decadent, quite powerfully so). They are actually very dangerous for leftist politics because they often inspire more on the 'emotional' side rather than the 'rational' side of the debate. This is simply because art and politics have totally different logic. Someone who is good at one thing isn't necessarily good at another thing. The biggest example actually didn't come from left-wing politics, but from the Nazi. Hitler was an artist, and envisioned Germany from an aestheticization of politics.

>Hitler was an artist
He wasn't very good at it though.

Mussolini probably would have made a better artist than a politician (although obviously he had skill as a politician). Mussolini had the right appreciation of aesthetics. You could tell by the way he approached life, wrote, and dressed.

Because they tend to be high in Trait Openness, which predicts liberalism, but the right hardly has a liberal wing these days, so they go to the left. They may also be unconscientious.

I know you think left wing luminaries like jk Rowling and Steven king are good but they really aren't
I forgot to add Orson Scott Card and Frank Herbert. I'm telling you man, the best writers are right wing.

> I'm telling you man, the best writers right wing.

They haven't been since at least the 1930s.

So that's why modern writers are shit.