Prussians ruined Germany

Other urls found in this thread:

spectator.co.uk/2017/04/europes-best-hope/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It would have also never had such a famous history. Countries that conquered europa remain immortal as they are remembered forever

Doesn't Prussia TECHNICALLY still exist? like the western bit.

Link to the article?

You could just as easily argue this peaceful romantic Germany would've ended up being a seat cushion endlessy sat on by the French and the Russians taking turns though

Finally Veeky Forums is caughting up that their anti-German hatred is actually anti-Prussian hatred.

Poland and Russia split it between themselves.

French people should admit that they created this monster.

If they didn't love to invade Germany and burn the Rhineland so much, peaceful, liberty-loving Germans from the Holy Roman Empire wouldn't turn to the Prussians for protection.

spectator.co.uk/2017/04/europes-best-hope/

It's a boring book review. Only that paragraph is thought provoking.

>like Switzerland

Even without Prussia, Germany would have always been a huge force in European history (and hence the cause of much woe and violence) simply by virtue of how big and wealthy it was/is.

Voting for Die Linke is the last implicit stand of Prussian identity.

Nice try, Metternich.

What's that kind of cuck logic.

>if I don't protect my self they won't attack me

It's kind of weird how much of a reversal the image of Germany has taken over the centuries. If you go back not even that far (late 18th/early 19th Century), Germany was seen as this tranquil, mysterious land of love and romance and France was thought of as cold, cruel and "Oriental"

Wouldn't France be Occidental?

Yeah but it was used as perjorative

Without those warlike Prussians there were still th warlike Austrians. And without the warlike Austrians and Prussians, Germany would be known as Eastern France.

Prussia was mean back then too for destroying Poland-Lithuania

That is because during those periods France was the enemy of the eternal Anglo and Prussia was their ally. As the alliances shifted the characterizations of the people shifted with them.

>implying poland had anything to say about that

Yes but this was a perception on the part of French writers. Alfred de Musset comes to mind

I know Europa Universalis tries to teach me the truth, but it's still hard to wrap my head around France being the blood hungry tyrant of Europe.

Prussians CREATED Germany

No.

*destroys your country*

Y'all niggas just need to read Iron Kingdom, realize that Prussia was great with a fantastic history of state leadership, military success, education and philosophy and free your minds of your in-born biases brought about by a century of Anglo propaganda.

In this example of Veeky Forums knowing absolutely nothing about Germany whatsoever this user ignores the fact that Saxony was never part of Prussia while the Rhinelands were a core part of it and the amount of voting for Die Linke in eastern Germany comes from the fact that eastern Germany was under communist rule for decades.
Germany existed before 1871.
Can you point me to where exactly Prussians were more warlike than the rest of Germany or Europe? Can you point to me how exactly Prussia hijacked Germany under Bismarck? Can you point to me how the GDR was even in the slightest "where the ghost of Prussia lived on"?

"Puritanical Zeal"
Pretty sure that sums up the Thirty Years War.

Is Merkel Prussian?

Looking into it, father is a Berlin Native, mother is from Danzig. Father's father is a Polish-German from Posen, which was the seat of the South Prussian Province. How much Prussianization affected it or not I am not sure.

I still wish to believe the eternal Pomeranian-Prussian strikes again.