MY FUCKING BITTREX GOT HACKED EVEN WITH TWO STEP WTF HOW. I had fourteen fucking thousand dollars in there whyyyy

MY FUCKING BITTREX GOT HACKED EVEN WITH TWO STEP WTF HOW. I had fourteen fucking thousand dollars in there whyyyy.

Other urls found in this thread:

1broker.me
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice! Just bought 100k.

What have you downloaded recently?

Fucking nothing, I literally use no programs on the laptop I trade on.

impossible

How? Did someone have access to your phone?

What about your phone?

Tell that to my emptied wallets and receipts for transactions I never made.

Have you tried contacting their support?

Post your USER ACTIVITY (LAST 100 ENTRIES)

Pretty sure they bleed it with small trades

Obviously. I don't know what I'm going to do that 14k was my rent for the god damn year.

Did you get drunk and forget about an order? Ive done that before and thought my account was hacked for like 15 seconds until I remembered.

Are you sure you didn't lend someone your Bittrex login to someone you know?

I don't drink.
Id never do that

And this is why you use a dedicated phone which you just use for 2fa

Never connect it to the internet and only charge it via a wall outlet

Do you have altfolio on your phone

I'll do that now I guess I learned my lesson.
No just blockfolio

any other crypto apps?

Did you use the API keys?

maybe you should start now that you are poor.

Either you're not telling the whole story and you did something stupid or this is a veiled begging thread.
OP is a fag as always.

Post a pic of your withdrawals or fuck off, larper

redpill me how somebody may hack your phone with, for example, android if you are not retarded (you dont install weird apps, have newest security updates etc.)

Op confirmed android fag

Don't worry, the Fed will bail you out.

When will people learn? Security first. Some exchanges are 100% manual, you have to wait hours for a withdrawal.

I heard of other such cases.

somehow hacks happen daily at bittrex
not at poloniex or tradesatoshi or yobit or novaexcyange or liqui or...
hmmmmmmmm

i don't know from a technical point of view, and you'll probably be safe but being paranoid about safety in crypto is a good thing to be. I had a spare phone lying around so I figured I'd use it because it's safer/just as safe as using your normal phone but definitely not more insecure

worst case, just browsing some sites which use an exploit of the browser to execute code, normal case is most of the time installing some weird shit (there is enough sketchy shit on the app store, not everything there is 100% save)

i dont even know which exploits are open atm but recently some CIA tools leaked which could be used by hackers, running newest version is keypoint here (and not just newest version of your carrier because thats probably old as shit)

This. Post your login history OP.

2fa for login? or just withdraw?

no proofs, op confirmed for fag

2FA with SMS is somewhat outdated already. Google announced this week to step off of SMS-based 2FA.

Why is it exactly outdated, you ask? Well, a viable attack vector is your telephony service provider. Remember the hack of some well-known YouTubers such as h3h3? 2FA with SMS was enabled.

I've seen this thread before

>Storing your rent money in crypto

Did you have 2fa via sms or app? What operating system?

Yes. Avoid 2FA with SMS at all costs. Also don't use Authy without first disabling the "Allow multi-device" feature.

Also, as others have said, OP is either completely lying or not mentioning something very significant because this kind of thing doesn't just happen for no reason, at least with 2FA enabled.

Fpbp

Stories like this are exactly why BTC will never get adopted by normies. OP get in touch with your local news this story could help drive prices down

Nice! Just stole 100k.

i have an old cellphone, should i just use it for google authenticator ? thid hack creeps the shit out of me

blockfolio takes another victim

>just browsing some sites which use an exploit of the browser to execute code
That's bullshit, modern browsers (eg. Firefox) are extremely secure, never allow any third party code to run on your PC without permission and get security updates automatically

where did you get this miserable pink wojack lol

Daily reminder that they wouldn't have been able to steal stock certificates, as those are easily traceable. Serves you right for buying a retarded asset

What does this have to do with blockfolio?

This is a fud thread but using an encrypted email service helps.

post proof you larping cunt

crypto is better than cash :^)

just use an old dumbphone instead of acting like a psycho

The only why I want to know is why would you keep 14k on an exchange.

why not
there are orders which are valued over 1M

>why not
Ever hear of a little thing called Mt Gox?

quiet you dumbo, shit like this is what gives us cheap coins.

do it
news loves a good sob/scam story
if you're a white male dont bother though.

14K is not that much money to keep on exchange. have good day sir

fuck this aids ridden lying fud faggot that is op

100%larp

Yeah, I get the "your account was logged into from a new IP" daily. So glad I never put money in there.

yup. bittrex doesn't get hacked, and nobody with 2FA gets their coins stolen. stfu

Did you IP restrict withdrawals and use Google authenticator?

Hey man. I also got my bittrex robbed, and as far as I recall I hadn't done anything that might cause that.

If you want, we can find others that have had the same thing happen to them, as one user suggested ot me that this seeemed to happen a lot. It might be someone inside bittrex doing this.

If you want, contact me at [email protected]

bittrex doing thus kind of sh1t ? that sucks. How can i make more secure my bittrex account ?

yeah, i think it's bittrex because you don't hear these stories with poloniex, etc. either that or someone has discovered a weakness with bittrex and is exploiting it.

m8 I have 11 logins from IP addresses I didn't use, all different IPs. Luckily I had no money in it or it'd be gOps. Will prove when I'm on my computer again.

Public wifi?
Man in the middle attack?

So what exchange do you use if not Bittrex
I've heard serious non-security complaints about Polo and Bitfinex

Do you use the same password for other services?

OP didn't provide any proof. He is a troll.

fucking kek

This.

Ive done this before wew lad.
Ive also had everything in tether, check my wallet and see zero dollars wewew i was scared but usdt isnt calculated

ITT: natural selection

The way exchanges estimate your account value is bullshit, instead of multiplying each coin amount by the highest bid they use the lowest ask. You look like you're worth more than you would be if you tried to cash out.
This gets retarded on Nova where many shitcoins don't have any bids - they estimate I've got 3+ btc when I've actually got .15.

Whoever is in charge at Bittrex can't be assed to divide USDT by the lowest ask, they just skip it entirely. It would me 5 minutes to change their code to show you an accurate account balance.

What's the purpose of these threads ? Who the fuck makes them ? Why do you never see it for other exchanges ?

Fuck off already, Bittrex is fine, and if you keep your money at an exchange you are retarded in the first place.

you're fucking mental if you think they are going to link the production order books up to balance values like that. It would be a criminal waste of server resources and would only leave room for errors and bugs to happen.

>78 posts
>still no proof

Firefox is trash security wise.
It still doesn't have a sandbox.

Plenty of 0day in web browsers.

t. security researcher

>use for 2fa
>without connecting it to the internet

Yeah, that's why they literally get pwned every single year in a single day by a kit for a meme event.

dude do you even know what a fucking computer is?

>he's not using firejail

Address or gtfo

I'm not saying they calculate exactly how you'd fill orders, I'm saying they're using the ask (or possibly the last) instead of the bid - the estimate isn't what you'd get if you cashed out, it's what you could possibly get. I'd rather have a conservative estimate. Bittrex just needs to add USDT / USDT-BTC's ask to your btc balance to save everyone's sanity.

All the code generation is done locally.
You don't need a phone, any device that can run authy is fine. A shit computer or laptop will work.
Friends account recently broken in to on polo. No two factor and he had nothing in it so it didn't matter but still.

>All the code generation is done locally.
huh, looks like im kinda dum

Well this make me happy that I'm a poorfag with just 90 dollars. Lol. Nobody steals from the poor.

>can love bloom on the battlefield

>Nobody steals from the poor
LOL. Except for every single rich scumbag.

>not copying traders on 1broker.me to make profits instead

I put 1btc in this shit 2 months ago and now have 6btc just from copying multiple traders with .01btc each trade.

Stay not rich

Bittrex uses google authenticator, not sms

fuck off /leftycuck/ackler!

Woah deep bro

Yeah, tell that to OP.

>R: 91 / I: 7
>Proof: 0
i wonder who would profit from scaring away the newfags

Where do you guys keep your moneys? Paper wallet? Usb stick?

Mr Goldstein keeps them for me

I had my btc taken out of my account too and I had 2fa enabled. I was runing a pump and dump detector excell macro I downloaded. Big mistake. Lost all .09 of my btc.