Why did 11th century Knights/crusading knights look like complete shit?

Why did 11th century Knights/crusading knights look like complete shit?

W-wheres the great helms and capes and...and pretty tabards/designs with partial plate? ;-;

No point dressing up to end up a war captive sucking Muslim dick.

>W-wheres the great helms
12th Century.

None of those things are really necessary, and focusing on primping themselves and their obsession with prestige, heritage, and material wealth is what began their downfall.

It was much more suited for their needs and affordable. Still think they look like shit but some of the chainmail helmets looked cool (pic related) and it was actually 1000 years ago so not much we can do tbqhwyf

Ironically the mid 11th century through to the mid 13th was the peak of knighthood, when Normans took Sicily, England, crusaded and adventured around the Mediterranean, the Iberian christian Kingdoms recovered, there were few threats to the knight and they truly were one of the finest warriors of the time and every lord needed knights to the point of allowing tales of courtly love and knights cucking lords and kings to predominate in culture.

We wuz 11th century knights n shiet

If you think mail chausses, hauberks, conical helms/spangenhelms and teardrop shields aren't cool, you've betrayed your complete lack of taste and no doubt you think a greathelm on 15th century plate armour looks 'cool'. Go back to r*ddit.

what retard would think a great helm looks good on a 15th century plate armor?

But those things look like ass user.

>conical helms and teardrop shields look like ass'
Are you dumb or pretending

It sucks it sucks it sucks

user you know it's good looking. With the right chainmail this piece of bad ass metal will get you all the infidels

All those things are also what the Saracens used to the point where for the first century or so it was hard to tell the difference between a knight and a faris. Say what you want about them, but they were an aesthetic folk.

>tfw die fighting shitskins far away from home and the people I died to protect comment on an Indonesian polygamy help board that my armor sucks

Please I didn't mean it like that!

I'm sorry!!!

It's okay user, just go slaughter the mudslimes

>flail
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK WAIT NO I POSTED THE WRONG IMAGE I SWEAR I'M A HISTORIAN

>ordinaries
>the best possible translation for normies
Wrong

Way more aesthetic than those 15th century gaybois.

Delet

kek

LGTSS:
>sword

*Block your path

Saladin was a Kurd tho.

LMAO

They slaughtered million of mudshits

give it a hundred years lad

>tfw get drunk with the squad and while messing around with our larp gear the autistic kid takes his actual sword and cuts of the jesters head

>and the people I died to protect
t. LARPer who doesn't know a thing about the motivations of Medieval knights.

>take back the holy land
>sacking
>other reasons
user I'm not retarded