Rwandan Genocide

Who was in the wrong here?

Belgians.

This.

Also, French.

Tutsis did nothing wrong and are the most noble of all the African peoples.

The Belgians were long gone by the time of the genocide m8

>literally the Jews of Africa

That's the Igbo

>Hutu are actually self-professed Christians
How come no one mentions this in "MUH RELIGION OF PEACE" threads?

>lel look at these people who had a loose race based hierarchy before white people even showed up that became even looser under Belgian rule, clearly white people are the reason they killed each other decades after all the white people left
kys post colonial scum

>did nothing wrong
>getting five million people killed because you couldn't be assed to put in a decent occupation government the first time is "nothing wrong"

Implying Jews are a martial pastoral race

Yes, because only those filthy Europeans are capable of harming other humans. All other people are completely harmless and have never fought wars, competed for territory, etc.

Read a fucking book, it is people like you who perpetuate the horrible racism that lingers today. We are all people and as such capable of horrible things but also beautiful things.

But the French actually are responsible for most of the bad things in history.

It's in their nature.

>ethnomasochism
Flagellate yourself all you want, it won't make up for your insecurities, user.

This

Tutsi wasn't necessaraly considered a race before the Belgians started handing out ID cards

It was more of a caste, though there was upwards mobility. I seem to recall that to be considered a Tutsi, one had to own a certain amount of cattle.

The Tutsi were the ruling class, but there wasn't as much friction between them and the Hutu because a Hutu could become a Tutsi

Also, the UN literally had boots on the ground in Rwanda and had intel that Hutus were stockpiling weapons, but did nothing to intervene because "muh neutral peacekeepers"

I'm not the kinda guy who thinks we should step into every third-world conflict, but if you've got troops there anyway at least DO SOMETHING

You misspelled "Jews"

Belgians blended the racial divide between the Hutus and Tutsis they implemented ID cards because they couldn't tell them apart any more, Belgians made the divide MORE fluid not less, it was far more rigid before the arrival of the Belgians im sick of this post colonial revisionism that blames everything on whitey

Everyone

If anything Belgium eased pre-existing tribal tensions. These people would have killed each other even if Europeans had never existed, just as they had been for centuries before. You blame an internal tribal struggle on Western intervention but then blame the Westerners for not intervening.

Whitey because he thought he could just leave Africa all of a sudden without any problems arising

That's bullshit you faggot. They got Id cards because the two groups were hard to identify because all the bullshit about Tutsis being X and Hutu's being Y failed since the two groups intermixed so heavily long ago. So since you have name tags that part of you identity is ALWAYS shoved in everyone faces and becomes a huge factor in daily life.

It turned a hierarchy into RACE because not only were both sides ID's, Belgians alsos introduced nonsense that effected both of the group and favored one of them for being "superior" based on really bad "science".

How the fuck is identifying groups making shit more fluid. If I labelled every person with HIV a nametag they won't "Blend in" they'll be trucking stigmatized.

So the genocide of 800,000 is Belgium's fault for giving out name tags? That's a bit of an over reaction, no?

Belgians started labeling people Tutsi or Hutu by ownership of X amount of cattle alone. That isn't how they identified each other prior to the arrival of the Belgians. Hence the Belgians blurred the lines.

Well the Serbs got bombed, so i guess it was them.

Actually the Tutsies lived mostly on cattle while the Hutus lived mostly on agriculture so the belgians lables cant have been far off the spot

Under the Belgian system a Hutu who was in possession of more than X head of cattle magically became a Tutsi.

CONCLUSSION:

Whitey dindu nuffin. People fight, regardless of race and only one side can win.

And now you get to be a knee jerk retard too. Feel good?

The twa. Fucking manlets.

Yes, I think its time for the other side of the coin to show. If people keep believing that whites are to blame for everything only bad things can happen.

and what was the difference between a Hutu and a Tutsi other than their amount of cattle?

This. There were ZERO ethnic tensions until they came.

I dunno lol but I'm SURE it was 100% imposed by those evil CUMSKINS amirite?

>whites colonise africa
>reeee fucking whiteys get out
>whites leave
>t-they didn't leave properly, everytging is your fault

You're right, there was absolutely no difference other than the amount of cattle.

And linguistics, culture, genetics, history, social structure, conflict resolution, family structure, family size, diet, cuisine, dress, hierarchies, economic structures, employment, artisanal heritage...

Huh, bizarre, it's almost like there were differences between Hutu and Tutsi based on pre-existing things that are inherit in all cultures and attempting to erase those differences to fit your political narrative is not only incredibly insulting but downright bigoted. Oh well, we're all middle class privileged White Americans of a liberal bent here, so it's okay, who cares about history or what a bunch of dumb mudpeople think, right?

>You're right, there was absolutely no difference other than the amount of cattle
That's still wrong it's akin to saying bosniak muslims become Serbs if they drink alcohol

Yes because the Holocaust, Apartheid South Africa, and Jim Crow America didn't show why it's bad to distinguish based on ethnicity.

the people doing the killing who do you think?

I can understand invading the Congo once.

The Hutu had it coming.

Invading it a second time is objectively a shit thing to do.

>linguistics
They speak the same language
Most of the others are debatable or not related to ethnicity, do you even know what you're talking about or are you just assuming they are different?
The alternative theory is that they were originally more like castes or classes rather than ethnicity which makes alot of sense if you look at the countries pre-colonial history but the truth is probably somewhere in the middle

He never said that though. And the Belgians were the ones who decided to classify a bunch of people who were in a racially homogenous society, and then build a society around those classes.

I don't get it. You clearly didn't read a word he said and know nothing about the Hutu or the Tutsi. Why are you even posting? You even missed the point of the guy you're replying to. Are you one of those

>Enter a thread
>Choose the losing side
>Say something retarded and then leave

types?

The Hutu and Tutsi weren't homogeneous in the slightest as evidenced by the fact that the system and all of their differences existed before the Belgians arrived.

Buddy a clear genetic divergence between Hutus and Tutsis is well established, the idea that the distinction is totally artificial and was simply a divide and conquer tactic by Belgian colonialists is bunk.

Yeah, cumskins dindu nuffin, it was all the black man's fault, amirite?

This.

You idiots are the type of people who blame gun manufacturers when someone gets shot.

Yep, you're exactly correct

Different user btw

>be rwandan
>get macheted

>Buddy a clear genetic divergence between Hutus and Tutsis is well established, the idea that the distinction is totally artificial and was simply a divide and conquer tactic by Belgian colonialists is bunk.

Modern-day genetic studies of the Y-chromosome generally indicate that the Tutsi, like the Hutu, are largely of Bantu extraction (60%E1b1a, 20% B, 4% E3). Paternal genetic influences associated with the Horn of Africa and North Africa are few (16% E1b1b), and are ascribed to much earlier inhabitants who were assimilated. However, the Tutsi have considerably more Nilo-Saharan paternal lineages (14.9% B) than the Hutu (4.3% B).

The genetic difference is extremely minor.

When blacks kill blacks, in a country run by blacks for decades, the no, I don't think whites are to blame.

You were saying?

hutus did nothing wrong
lanklet scum

Bro I'm Igbo and I have to agree with you on this

They introduced the ethnic identity card system, and literally taught that the "Hamite" Tutsis were inherently superior to the Hutus, giving them special privileges in the colonial administration. Which led to a domino effect that spiraled out of control. Also, didn't intervene to stop the genocide even though they easily could have. This doesn't excuse the Hutu hardliners who carried out the genocide---they of course, bear the sole blame for the killing---but if you're looking for a causal link for how Hutu-Tutsi animosity became so fierce then look at the Belgians.

Wasn't even racially based, the Hutu/Tutsi dichotomy was social/political/economical and had nothing to do with race, shit nigga they didn't even have an understanding of "race". Literally everyone that the Kangz of Rwanda conquered were known as "Hutu". It just meant "servant".