Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1slx74zKQMc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhzqSO983AmHwWvGwccC46gs0SNObwnZX
youtube.com/watch?v=1v9WoIB_XQE
youtu.be/w6qYjisp51M
youtube.com/watch?v=ZSUMWeeDE_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like this one pretty much, user.

world in flames...appocalypse the second world war, ww1 in hd, ww2 in hd, vietnam in hd. most things by ken burns.

I heard The Greatest Story Never Told is good.

did they make "guns, germs and steel" a movie yet

The Death of Yugoslavia was a great surprise
I knew nothing of Yugoslavia so that could be why

Ken Burns' vietnam series is coming out soon
mite b cool

>“Down this road, on a summer day in 1944. . . The soldiers came. Nobody lives here now. They stayed only a few hours. When they had gone, the community which had lived for a thousand years. . . was dead. This is Oradour-sur-Glane, in France. The day the soldiers came, the people were gathered together. The men were taken to garages and barns, the women and children were led down this road . . . and they were driven. . . into this church. Here, they heard the firing as their men were shot. Then. . . they were killed too. A few weeks later, many of those who had done the killing were themselves dead, in battle. They never rebuilt Oradour. Its ruins are a memorial. Its martyrdom stands for thousands upon thousands of other martyrdoms in Poland, in Russia, in Burma, in China, in a World at War…”

When

I quite liked "37 Days" by the BBC. I guess it's more of a reenactment than a straight documentary, but it deals with the build up to the outbreak of WWI, following the primary British decision makers.

> youtube.com/watch?v=1slx74zKQMc

>OY VEY, GOYIM, DON'T WATCH THIS!!!

Tries to shift the blame away from Germans while even forgetting the basic gist of them dressing some people as polish soldiers to fake an attack on german soil to justify the invasion.

The Greatest Story Never Told. It's good for normies entering the first phase of the red-pill, but you have no idea how far it goes.

This one is not perfect but compared to other WWII documentaries this one is acceptable.

This is great and historical but too but there's no follow up about Kosovo.

I lost faith in Ken Burns when he made this propaganda shit about Roosevelts reinforcing old myths and lies.

It's laughably bad. Might as well let Russian government to make a similar documentary from the other side. I wish I screencaped the part about SS being the most multicultural and inclusive military unit in history.

>mfw got this for free

hopefully never, I can only imagine Michael Moore picking it up.

No, it's bullshit propaganda.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhzqSO983AmHwWvGwccC46gs0SNObwnZX

The fact that Das Reich - A supposedly 'elite' SS panzer division, wasted time on the drive north to Normandy in the days and weeks after D-Day to find time to carrying out reprisals in strategically unimportant areas was insane even from a purely military point of view.

Oh god, imagine what he'll do with Vietnam.

Hopefully just the account of the war proceedings but don't expect anything about the KGB inflitration of anti-war movements.

like fucking clockwork

>The Greatest Story Never Told
Full of lies and moving music to manipulate your thinking. Worse than commie propaganda.

>It's good for normies entering the first phase of the red-pill, but you have no idea how far it goes.

One day, when you turn 18 or 19, you'll look back on your views once you've read a few books and you'll be absolutely disgusted at your own idiocy.

Best of Enemies is stellar, go watch it on Netflix

The Greatest Story Never Told

Watch it

>falling for bait

>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhzqSO983AmHwWvGwccC46gs0SNObwnZX

Oh my

It will tell the personal stories of a few soldiers obviously and will no doubt focus on the racism black soldiers had to deal with at home and across the world in combat. Few mentions of communist going to far, but will focus on muh lai mostly. Typical democrat left wing shit. Im not expecting much

This is a good doc about the war from Stalins perspective

I wanted to post it but forgot. One of the few really honest documentaries.

the only decent documentary out there.

> not perfect
The World at War is fucking flawless, you cretin. Literally cannot be bettered.

>Literally cannot be bettered.

What if they'd used semi-naked models for the re-enactment sections?

what if instead of re enactments, everyone was depicted as a cute anime girl?

Those Britain Home Front ep's were pretty boring desu (but it was British production so I give them a pass)
Also could have went into more detail in Eastern Front.

At least they weren't afraid to say that Soviets started their war in 1939.
But yeah completely ignoring the first year of the war to talk about power shortages in London was disappointing. At least in the 60s documentary about WWI they talked about smaller countries too.

>"Stalingrad is no longer a town. By day it is an enormous cloud of burning, blinding smoke; it is a vast furnace lit by the reflection of the flames. And when night arrives, one of those scorching, howling, bleeding nights, the dogs plunge into the Volga and swim desperately to gain the other bank. The nights of Stalingrad are a terror for them. Animals flee this hell; the hardest stones can not bear it for long; only men endure."

The Death of Yugoslavia

I wonder (((WHO))) could be behind this post

Name a good one that covers a topic predating the 1700s.

>"Polish cavalry charged German tanks"
>"French military was weak"
>"Utah Beach was easy"
fuck outta here with that shit lmao

Not military history, strictly speaking, but I found the following BBC documentaries to be exceptional:

A History of Ancient Britain
A History of Celtic Britain
A History of Scotland
African Railway
The Greatest Knight - William the Marshall
The Story of England
The Story of Ireland
The Story of Wales
Twenties in Colour - The Wonderful World of Albert Kahn

Most of these, if not all, were made in the early 2000s and, therefore, not subject to the "Great Cuckening" that turned the BBC from a limp-wristed lefty mill into a full-blown HIV-fest.

This. I wish we has more eloquent debaters given national media coverage like that. They were both fucking savage.

James Burke's "Connections"

He narrates the inventions and discoveries from old times and all the way up to a modern concept or invention. He travels all over the world, shows how the inventions in person, little cranks, cogwheels and all. I can watch any episodes like a little kid, it's interesting as fuck.

Seriously, you might be surprised at what you'll learn…

Here's one episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=1v9WoIB_XQE

Obviously... Kenneth Clark's Civilisation is the best history documentary ever made.

youtu.be/w6qYjisp51M

As I said earlier hardly any documentary gets the Polish side right. The creators just don't care enough to check the sources and focus their efforts on bigger countries.

East Side Story is good. it's about film musicals in the Soviet Union and the Eastern block (particularly East Germany).

Ancient Aliens.

That's really neat absolutely wonderful series

The Greatest Story Never Told.

>70 percent of it covers anglo trivialities
>red army trivialized to the point that they literally claim they just threw bodies at germans
>maskirovka? what's that? deep operations? huh?
>oh and they liberated auschwitz but let's talk about rapes, i mean there was not a peep about sonderkommandos but a couple of helgas got the dick so red army is literally hitler
>churchill created a yugoslavian coup that resulted in millions of dead civilians? nope, here's a report about rommel's fuel supplies
>hitler halted tanks at dunkirk? no, it was a miracle!

I just can't tell what kind of propaganda that documentary is other that it's explicitly anti Slavic which are portrayed as bumbling subhumans that tides of history threw over Nazi regime until it was drowned in their blood. It also portrays every German field general as tactical genius and claims that Moscow was saved by Siberian legions despite the fact that the urban combat phase didn't even begin. It pretends(?) that Germans had a chance to kick Soviet Union out of the war in 1941.

I like that it's a personal history but the skin of our teeth omits the existence of Byzantium. Fjord niggers were insignificant to the point that they actually served the Byzantine Emperor there. I mean sure that they nearly destroyed civilization in the west but anglos aren't really Europeans.

t. vladimir ivanovich
Just because the Russians lost millions of men, doesn't mean that suddenly they won the war by themselves. By that logic China was a major power in WW2.

I liked Apocalypse: The Second World War. Colourised footage and the voiceover doesn't annoy me like some others

Of course they did, only thing western front did was stop Soviet Union from going west after Berlin (and that was due to Atomic weapons). Battle of Kursk is alone bigger than everything on the western front put together. Don't be an idiot.

I'd like to see how far soviets would advance without American trucks.

It's not like they produced 2000 T34 per month or anything or transferred army by railroads, those trucks were pivotal to the war effort! Good job Mike.

>having the transport and logistical capability of an army be entirely dependent on intact railroads

that's pretty retarded t b h

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSUMWeeDE_4

Really cozy

So they do talk about Red barbarity? Good I was afraid they would be too lenient. Do they mention how they repopulated concentration camps with new prisoners and built new camps of their own?

You'd rather they just killed those prisoners like Germans did going to the east? Or perhaps if they closed Berlin like Wermacht did with St Petersburg so a million civillians can die?