Brabant Killers

Can we have a thread about these guys?
>28 killed, 40 injured in violent robberies over three years in Belgium
>Mostly seemed to be the same three guys
>Robbery proceeds were modest relative to the extreme risks
>The killings escalated dramatically in 1985. >Bystanders were shot dead in the parking lot before the gang entered the supermarkets; other victims, including children, were shot from as close as a foot away while cowering on floors;
>Firearms were a particular interest; the 12-gauge pump shotguns used were loaded with a rare, heavy buckshot;
>Cars used, often Volkswagens, were stripped of distinctive trim; vehicle modifications indicated a mechanic's expertise;
>The getawaydriver was highly skilled; escape routes were fast and non-obvious, often to forested areas where the cars were burned.
>The gang is believed to have had at least one outside helper on its last raid. The weapons the gang used were never found.
>During the November 9th incident, gang members (wearing bizarre face paint and disguises) roared at and taunted customers.
>On the last robbery one of the gang members was executed by his accomplices in the forest after being mortally wounded and was buried nearby
>Various theories on their motives exist such as being involved in Operation Gladio, a right wing terror group or just particularly brutal criminals.
So who the fuck were they?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjjXatcnXPA
youtube.com/watch?v=hROQjUAQdJk&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Europe is safe from crime they said. Gun restriction is great they said.

I want more sources, everything Ive researched has the same shit. Is there a documentary?
Ikr? SO safe from guns like Paris was in the Bataclan

Europe doesn't have a uniform gun policy idiots.

Okay let's not get into gun policy here.
I haven't been able to find an English documentary but they were talked about in a BBC documentary on Gladio

Yes but their countries are commonly touted as gun control victories, Switzerland is doing right by itself. Just remind yourself that all guns in OP's picture were illegal at the time. Civillians aren't allowed to own military weapons, automatic weapons, or any gun without a liscence. Do you think these guys got liscences?
Sorry OP but he called me an idiot when I hadn't implied anything of what was in his dumb post

Just a bunch of trained stay behinds in case the Commies invaded that snapped and thought that the Commies had invaded.

I have read about them before and I still don't know what to make of it. It reminds me of an issue of Judge Dredd. Int he issue there's a murder club that holds a contest to see who can kill the most people.
That's the only sort of explanation I can come up with. They were lunatic thrill seekers who just wanted to kill and steal. Their origins are certainly perplexing though. They obviously weren't random idiots, so they must have been trained somewhere.
It's possible maybe that they were veteran soldiers or a mix of soldiers and unhinged career criminals.

>Operation Gladio
>CIA: "let's flood Western Europe with guns in case the commies invade"
>it turns out the commies don't invade and the guns are rotting in some underground depot
>corrupt politicians decide to give guns away to their friends
>it turns out their friends are right-wing extremists who start doing dumb shit
>the U.S. gets blamed

>"AMAI BART, DE FRIETEN ZIJN OP"
>"ALLEE BERT, DA MOAKT MIJ KWAAD"
>"KOM, WE GOAN SCHIETE"
there, solved it

I like how the illustrator added a description for the smoking gun. Thank you , I would never have guessed.

Kek

Read a book about them this winter. (De bende van nijvel by Guy Bouten)
Shit is fucked up. International maffia and several government instances from Belgium and beyond are weaved in a deadly web. Weapons trade, Pizza-parties, all of that filth..

For the Dutch speaking:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjjXatcnXPA

youtube.com/watch?v=hROQjUAQdJk&

No thrill seekers for sure, the whole thing is orchestrated with military precision. The description of their escape from the Aalst-massacre alone (their last one) reads like a fucking thriller.

They even phoned in on a local radiostation some time before the attack to play a certain song on a certain time, probably as a green light signal.

What is this cyrillic magic?

Especially the bit were they probably executed the Giant and buried him in the woods.

Altijd die kut Belgen.

amai

Is there really not a single English book on the matter?

Bump

>in Europe it's such a rare event it's still being discussed 30 years after it happened
>In 'merica it's basically a weekly occurance

as opposed to 'Murica where crime disappears at the sight of guns like snow melting in the sun.

sounds like angry unemployed operators alright

Sounds similar to the los zetas cartel in Mexico. They were former Mexican special ops teams trained by American Green Berets. The money wasn't good enough so they were hired as logistics for a cartel, they then figured they should get into the narco biz for themselves. These guys are probably operators who figured the private sector was more lucrative. Anyone know any good English books on the matter?

switzerland is enroute to getting her gun laws cucked by the EU due to the Schengen Agreement

>Yes but their countries are commonly touted as gun control victories
It's hardly Europe's fault that american democrats are ignorant idiots.