BIP91 (aka SegWit2x actual signalling) from 0 to 30% in one day

BIP91 (aka SegWit2x actual signalling) from 0 to 30% in one day.

I hope you panic sellers bought rope.

Other urls found in this thread:

coin.dance/blocks/
coin.dance/volume/localbitcoins
xbt.eu/
twitter.com/jimmysong/status/887027209520676865
bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/countdown-segwit-these-are-dates-keep-eye/
twitter.com/TheBlueMatt/status/886979645438078981
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what does this mean?

>he opened up a 100x margin short at 1750

It means BTC might actually stabilize and start rising before August 1st

It's gonna crash hard

coin.dance/blocks/

Once it hits 80% Segwit gets activated.

that won't magically cause the price to spike.

dang and i wanted another dip below 2k to buy more.

great news, OP. too bad all the bitcoin haters and FUDers here have no idea what you're talking about and will just keep spamming "muh dead cat bounce".

dead cat bounce. short until december if you want to win.

It means bitcoin won't split. It will moon big time if it goes through and it looks like it will.

Reminder when these fags get liquidated we get rich

backing up the truck, bitches

>tfw i bought $5000 right at the fucking dip

yes it will, retard. no split = moon.

What site can I go on to short currencies?

>100x
lolwat

looks like a solid 5.2% to me

remember when you lost 50%? i'll actually hold onto my money :)

That's weekly. The little yellow line is daily.

Any chance this is actually going to happen?

Pretty cool, here you can see which countries are responsible for the biggest pump and dumps: coin.dance/volume/localbitcoins

Probably not. Once segwit is activated bitcoin will probably moon hard.

So, will BTC split or not? Still only speculations?

It won't split. Only retards believed that. Those who bought the dip did well.

It's looking less and less likely.

lmao, everyone in this thread is lying you moron, BTC will split, SELL NOW.

nice just bought 100k

ok my dude you better start picking other images to post or else I will fall in love with you because of the qtie you post every time you post ok

Why is it looking like its not gonna split? I admit i did not look in depts on this, only googled for a while couple days ago.
I really dont know what im going to believe, but I've sold nothing during the dip.

At present, it's not looking like it should split on August 1st. This adoption has been extremely rapid, considering it usually takes mine operators a decent amount of work time and some down-time in order to start signaling something new.

Issues:

ViaBTC will optionally allowed miners to mine ABC. As far as I can tell there isn't significant support for ABC and this is just a failsafe in the event BIP91 doesn't activate. If ABC goes live with a very substantial hashrate, there will be a split. Seems really unlikely (Under 5%)

Slush's pool never formally allowed for SigWit2x INTENTION signalling, on the grounds that there wasn't a formal protocol. Now there's an actual protocol in place- will Slush allow that? Probably? Not that slush's support is really needed for Segwit activation buttt:

There's always the possibility that a few parties defect from the agreement, sending everything into chaos. Will that really happen? I would say it's extraordinarily unlikely.

I think whether or not the 2MB HF happens in 6 months is a little more questionable just given the duration, but that's later down the road.

Keep watching the blocks on Coindance. Get antsy if a mining pool becomes inconsistent with signalling or gets delinquent or makes excuses. Optimistically we should have an 80% threshold signalling by Friday

And the Segwit2x client was released less than 24 hours ago. It's just a matter of miners doing maintenance on their pools.

Thanks for your time and effort mate.

What does this mean and what can I do if I have all in altcoins?

You'll see mad gains, Bitcoin always moons first, then any projects with good fundamentals will be dragged up with it.

You are not joking and playing with my feelings, r-right user?

user is trying to steal all your monies, run away little girl

>little girl
I wish I could be one. The only way to cuddle and kiss other innocent little girls.

Hello /a/

I mean, you could just like... Look at Coinmarketcap and see for yourself.

I have literally millions riding on this. Posts like that help me compose my own thoughts

More like /l/, to be honest (yeah, the deceased one).

I appreciate it.

nice just shorted 100k

I heard LOLI was mooning. Anyone else like to see LOLI mooning?

Where?

>short

Ameriturds in charge of linguistics.

Can be done on Bitmex but any green will liquidate you
Some anons say 40x it's as much as you can do and you're still basically gambling

Reminder that all other countries besides America are populated by subhumans

Bought 100k at 2030 and 2100. So Im feeling pretty good about my self. Pity that was all i had, cant buy another 100k until payday.

its for people with real money

Ok boys so im all in on ETH right now

When is the best time to move some into BTC?

I have about 7 btc worth of ETH atm. my goal is just one btc to hold for the moon

American here. You clearly haven't seen much of this country.

>When is the best time to move some into BTC?

Right fucking now before 80% Segwit2x locks in.

This is not what the wallet says when it is time to buy bitcoin.

lol all in on eth when its shitcoin lol i lol at your life

thats kinda the point we are changing the code

You're a fucking retards and have no idea that August 1st was a meme to get cheap BTC before Segwit lock-in BEFORE the fucking August 1st lmao

lol, core's trying to keep a monopoly on code and has crippled the blockchain despite repeated promises.

Retards hating core, lol. Just sell your BTC if you hate the core developers, because they aren't going away

You're a fucking retard who don't understand the BTC game as well.

why doesnt bitcoin core want segwit2x

Core wants segwit, not segwit2x with its spaghetti code and hard fork.

Luckily it looks like we are getting just the segwit and no hard fork, which means moon time.

well its segwit on july 21st and then the 2x three months later right

Entire thread circlejerking about BIP91.

BIP148 is when shit actually goes down, and that's still august 1st

>xbt.eu/
>twitter.com/jimmysong/status/887027209520676865

Get on the fucking train if you sold!

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH

This is the most confusing shit ever. I just want to know what side I am supposed to pick. What the fuck is all this BIP-BOOP hard-spoon shit.

August 1st was a meme. Literally nothing is going to happen.

bip91 is segwit with a node that makes all miners mine the segwit program

Fucking buy as much as you can. There's no split+148 is automatically irrelevant after 91 gets activated.

>148 is automatically irrelevant after 91 gets activated.

people actually think this

Here's the faq for you fag bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/countdown-segwit-these-are-dates-keep-eye/

>On August 1st, at 00:00 UTC (note that this is still July 31st in the U.S.), all BIP148 nodes will start rejecting any blocks that do not signal readiness for Segregated Witness (per BIP141). If Bitcoin Core’s BIP141 or BTC1’s BIP91 have locked in and/or activated in time, there should be no chain-split.

We'll, we aren't safe until the retards that want 2MB aren't gone, and they plan to HF in november.

Bitcoin ABC is the same shit as XT, Classic, Unlimited, Emergent Consensus.... etc

Roger Ver funded crap.

Segwit2x is Jeff Garzik's butthurt attempt at firing Core.

Both are trash and the people involved are amateurs.

The idiots attempting to hardfork are copy-pasting Core's hard work and adding shit that crashes the code.

There's no monopoly. If your shit doesn't get merged in Core it means your shit is not worth it, so you end up a butthurt retard like Jeff Garzik.

No it's ok thanks

we're just shorting blockstream and related unscrupulous egotistical propagandists.

Longing drivechains,

>BIP-BOOP hard-spoon shit.
Keked audibly while taking a shit

see

bitcoins shills saying things that will increase their coin's value

AntPool is BitMain correct?

There's no split coming anytime soon, get over it.

Also riddle me this - how the fuck is BIZ going to increase BTC value? :D just laughing at fags like you

correct me if im wrong but it sounds like the system is decentralized (working as intended) and Core is just mad that they dont have control any more?

>australia strong
that'd be right

>free x10 my money
>lol

Have anything to say about this?
twitter.com/TheBlueMatt/status/886979645438078981

What is this fucking abc garbage?

explain why increasing transfer fees is beneficial to BTC
the miners have shown that they can make decisions that affects bitcoin fundamentals. miners will chose whats best for themselves, not whats best for btc. you're playing in a rigged game with rules set by chinks with lots of computers.
enjoy transfer fees

well theoretically its not going to happen now

why don't core guys just add 2x block increase into the code to be active 1 year after segwit is activated...

am missing something. the only real risk is people releasing different source codes. if everyone uses core there is no fork...

We don't want a fucking block size increase, Satoshi did not intend this and this is stupid, there's no reason to do it, it's a fucking band-aid. It will not solve anything. A 2x increase in transaction throughput is nothing, we need an order of magnitude increase

The people supporting bitmain, block size increase, and segwit2x know nothing about CS and software or evidently the purpose of bitcoin, they want it centralized for some chinese miners

The block size should remain the same. That was the plan, and it had been implemented in LTC successfully. Chinese miners got butthurt that they wouldnt be making as much money so they literally forced and unwanted change onto BTC to make more money. Now the miners miners are """standardizing""" on segwit2x, the format that makes them more money, what a surprise.
The miners are gonna keep """standardizing""" every time a new standard comes out that makes them more money. The miners are the tail that wags the dog of BTC now and there's no going back.

Block size should be increased. Segwit is scammy bullshit.

Honestly, you're a fool if you think bitcoin needs Segwit. Or lightning.

Just increase the god damn block size, as Satoshi always intended.

Wrong, the miners want to increase the blocksize to BLOCK SEGWIT , an actual increase in the blocksize will LOWER fees for everyone. that is GOOD.

and i think EVERYONE can run bitcoin even with 4mb blocksize.

Now, to continue increasing the blocksize it's another problem entirely that i do not support.

Because we need to DEVELOP SEGWIT SERVICES. and see how it goes.

I can't fucking wait for BTC to go the way of the dinosaur. We need it to happen for a true digital currency that can be used by the world to arise. Unfortunately that future's probably 10 years off at least

Ever heard of the 0, 1, or infinity principle of software development?

This won't scale. As you said we can only double block size twice. Then we can't anymore. So this solution doesn't scale, so there's no purpose doing it - it will simply hinder future solutions that actually do scale

It's nailing on a simple quick fix that will hinder future smooth and elegant fixes.

WE DO NOT WANT THIS, STOP FALLING FOR CHINESE PROPAGANDA.

>tfw edgy cancer infiltrating Veeky Forums

well regardless of what you feel or want it looks like BIP91 is going to be signalled by this time tomorrow and then we will have segwit activated a few days later

august 1st is a nonevent and november 1st is the significant date now for a potential 2x block hard fork

I think in the short term this will be a good thing for the price of BTC...