Do any of you actually use cryptocurrencies as currency? Or is it just a vehicle for speculation, shilling...

Do any of you actually use cryptocurrencies as currency? Or is it just a vehicle for speculation, shilling, and pump and dump schemes?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoinfees.21.co/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>use cryptocurrencies as currency?
Why would anyone do this other than to be an edgelord?

i buy shit all the time with it. also i sell it to a group of people that gamble on football game with it. i make 10 percent on what they gamble with only because there to lazy to set up a coinbase account

You already know the answer to this, why even make the thread?

they aren't intended to be currencies. treat them like art collections.

Just a vehicle for speculation, shilling, and pump and dump schemes

I think I do, but would rather ask and know for sure. I suspect bitcoin is the only legit cryptocurrency, everything is else is for speculation.

Anyone who tells you they're using them as currency is lying. The adoption is too low to reliably use them as currency at the moment.

No one uses crypto to buy things, except for Bitcoin. But even then that's just used to buy illegal shit or launder money.

Cryptocurrency is a huge scam; literally trading air.

I've bought drugs with it.

i convinced my landlord to accept bitcoin via coinbase, i pay for my servers in bitcoin, and i pay my friends in bitcoin when we owe each other money for meals and whatever

i earn bitcoins doing freelance jobs online

most of the people i know in the bitcoin space have a coinbase shift card too

>i earn bitcoins doing freelance jobs online
how

Not yet but when Amazon starts accepting bitcoin payments ill be converting 80% of every paycheck in to bitcoin and using it. If paypal gets there first, Ill start buying more crap off ebay and just using amazon for reviews.

I trade and use my bitcoin profits to buy gold

mostly through the network of people who i've worked with over the past 4 years. someone sent me a slack DM offering 0.5 BTC an hour ago to fork a mobile wallet for their shitcoin. to get started you just need to build a reputation with a strong github in the community. crypto is huge now and people need writers, artists, and coders for their shitcoin. a lot of the time they'll just pay you in btc. you can also scroll through bitcointalk and pick up bounties for work by joining slack teams of people who have established coins and have a % reserved for dev work

This is the correct answer.

A lot of autistic faggot nocoiners in this thread

I've bought nootropic drugs and silver with Bitcoin, mainly because it got me a discount. This was back when bitcoin was under $1000.

its not edgy at all to hate the current money system, a lot of people dont like it but they dont have the guts to switch.

people who switched have also had a huge increase in purchasing power so thats another reason.

This is correct

This. Bitcoin is literally the only crypto actually being used. And it's used for illegal shit mainly

back in 2013 i spent what would now be worth over $200,000 on drugs on the silk road

haha you got a 5% discount and they had 3x gains.

Of course not. BTC transfer fees are orders of magnituder higher than Visa, why would you buy anything with BTC? Every time you buy somethign with BTC, you lose a fixed percent to fees. Current fees are ~60,000 satoshi or about $1 (bitcoinfees.21.co/) so if you buy something for $10, you pay a 10% fee. And with segwit2x, transfer fees go up even more.

BTC is literally speculation. They're not liquid (thanks to fees), they're not easy to use (thanks to exchanges), they're just speculation. That's fine but the coinfags need to admit it.

oy vey, that $20 i spent a year ago could have been 60

How much money do you have to your name now?

after going to rehab, about 2k. wagecuck, poorfag, etc. etc.

When I'm given the option I do. Games on steam or PexPeppers.

It's more efficient to use a CC and get rewards, so no.

I buy roids and dnp with bitcoins.

I bought steroids with it I think.

Its the same reason you buy stocks, bonds, commodities or forex

retirement dumbass, these things will be worth a fortune

>people who switched have also had a huge increase in purchasing power so thats another reason.
Those people don't exist

I buy stuff for my business during the peaks over the past couple years. So I cashed some out around ~2800 getting products for my customers. Then I buy back in when it dips and repeat.

I also buy items from people who are desperate to get into crypto at big discounts. Then I just sell their stuff on ebay, and buy btc again with a quick profit.

>stocks
owning part of a company, an entity that makes money on its own
>bonds
giving a buisness or government a loan in exhange for a promise of more money later
>commodities
physical good with intrinsic worth
>forex
a medium of exchange that can be used to purchase goods and services without a 10% transaction fee

btc is a meme

fiat is more air than btc, which at least is
>really there
>private property
>isolated from cancer/ideologies/politics
>not inflationary
>cheap to move
>safe from govs and commies

the properties of it are real, just like gold, its adoption is an emergent choice due to priorities
it just isn't phisical

btc has 10% transaction fees
not a currency

More convenient for international payments
No intermediaries
No fraudulent chargebacks

As the customer, I like paying for hosting with Bitcoin, even with the premium. I'm not doing anything illegal, but it's nice to not give out so much personal information to so many questionable entities.

I imagine a good number of people pay for proxies and VPN's using Bitcoin. Don't have any direct experience with this, though.

Dont compare btc to fiat, compare it to gold. Btc = gold 2.0, not a new currency.

>safe from govs and commies
You realize they can just shut down the internet if they really wanted to you ape

Thing is we don't need another gold we have gold we need a thing that does wood gold does and can be used to do what dollars do. Otherwise why would you need crypto

i buy stuff with btc sometimes.

some vendors take ETH now too.

>they can just shut down the internet

more like
>btc
investing in the internet drug trade

it is bound to grow more and more as more people become aware of it and convinced its safe. in fact id say the illegal drug trade is about the best investment you can make, because as long as more people are born, more people will want drugs.

not an argument

but sure, post your james franco face, all internet connections are routed through regional hubs. If """Commies""" or the """government"""" really cared about the pittance you own, they could just take it if they wanted to, or coerce you into sending your money.

oh yes, i'm pretty sure governments can shut down the internet, if they want their country to go bankrupt within hours.
it's just funny to me you use government influence as an argument against bitcoin, when it's much much easier for a government to influence fiat currency.

The visa fee for paying for just one server is $2.90 thanks to international credit card processing charges.

>BTC is literally speculation
Correct in a literal sense. You can't "invest" in Bitcoin because all you can do is speculate on its value. That does not make it any less good.

>They're not liquid (thanks to fees)
Temporary setback. 5 years from now we will barely remember this being a problem.

>internet currency is useless in doomsday scenario
Obviously. No one is buying bitcoin to hedge against shit hitting the fan. That's what land and lead are for.

More like stamps.

wrong

you realize they can just shut down fiat too

They literally do both of these.

Thanks, my girlfriend is really good with making explanation videos, if she can understand it anyone can. We live in South Africa so we can be cheap to work with.

I really like the rarepepe idea, but am seriously interested in publishing using block chain and cryptocurrency. I am a final year phd student that took a shot at academia and decide it is a publishing racket.

Academics need to be reward not dickheads that pretend to publish it, we do the work, writing, editing, formating and they press print, then we buy it back? WTF

This is a shit system and if I think about it so many things are like this, where corporations do nothing and get paid, that is why people are excited about this block chain business, cause we can force prove of service, measure what you contributed and if it was jack shit then you get jack shit.